Pretty in Pink & Green cupcakes with a lovely hint of Rosewater & Pistachio!
Pistachio is definitely a favourite of mine, as you might already be able to tell from the other recipes on my blog… I have however always loved combining pistachio with other flavours – and the fact that I hadn’t posted my recipe for these beauties already shocked me! (I was asked to bake some for a birthday, so this seemed the perfect opportunity!)
I loooove to make my cupcakes as simply and easily as possible, yet make them look as good as I can! Sometimes I admit that I am rushed, so they look a tad meh, but the taste is always there! These cupcakes are gorgeous in my opinion as the colours area match made in heaven – the delicate colour of the buttercream mixed with the chopped decorations provide a pretty contrast – definitely worth the minimal effort!
Rosewater is a wonderful flavour – very floral unsurprisingly, but a delicate flavour when used correctly, and when used with pistachio its a marriage made in heaven! The cupcakes become delicate little treats – perfect for any occasion!
The flavouring of Rosewater however can be quite intimidating to those who haven’t tried it, but trust me, if you use it in moderation (a little goes a long way!) then you should utterly love it – I certainly do and I love my classic flavours!
This recipes makes 12 cupcakes!
– 150g Butter
– 150g Caster Sugar
– 150g Self-Raising Flour
– 3 Medium Eggs
– 1/2tsp Baking Powder
– 1/2tsp Rosewater
– 65g Pistachios, chopped finely
– 125g Butter, room temperature
– 450g Icing Sugar
– 1-3tbsp Whole Milk
– Pink Food Colouring
– 3-5drops Rosewater
– Chopped Pistachios
– Freeze Dried Raspberries
1) To bake the Cupcakes – Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases!
2) Cream together the Butter and Caster Sugar until light and fluffy, add the Self -Raising Flour, Eggs, Baking Powder, & Rosewater and beat again until combined well. Fold in the Pistachios and spoon into the cases.
3) Bake the Cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes (mine usually take 18 minutes in my oven!) and then leave to cool on a wire rack.
4) To decorate the Cupcakes – Beat the Butter in a stand mixer until smooth, this will take a couple of minutes. Add the icing sugar gradually whilst continuously mixing (I add mine 100g/150g a time) and beat it with the milk till you get the texture you want. I beat my Buttercream for 4-5 minutes to make it very smooth and light!
5) Add enough food colouring and the rosewater to get the colour you want and continue to beat!
6) Decorate the Cupcakes how you like – I used my Open Star Tip! And then sprinkle on anything you like, I used some chopped pistachios and freeze dried raspberries!
Tips and Ideas
These cupcakes will last in an airtight container for 2-3 days and can also be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days! 🙂
I find that Rosewater is quite a strong taste so you really don’t need much at all to make it flavoursome and tasty so be careful to not go crazy!
P.S. how cute are these cupcake cases!!
You can find my other Cupcake Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.