*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Pretty in pink and green cupcakes with a lovely hint of rosewater & pistachio!
Pistachio is definitely a favourite of mine, as you might already be able to tell from the other recipes on my blog such as my white chocolate and pistachio cake or my white chocolate and pistachio cheesecake
I have however always loved combining pistachio with other flavours – and the fact that I hadn’t posted my recipe for these beauties already shocked me! (I was asked to bake some for a birthday, so this seemed the perfect opportunity!)
I loooove to make my cupcakes as simply and easily as possible, yet make them look as good as I can! Sometimes I admit that I am rushed, so they look a tad messy, but the taste is always there!
These cupcakes are gorgeous in my opinion as the colours area match made in heaven – the delicate colour of the buttercream mixed with the chopped decorations provide a pretty contrast – definitely worth the minimal effort!
Rosewater is a wonderful flavour – very floral unsurprisingly, but a delicate flavour when used correctly, and when used with pistachio its a marriage made in heaven! The cupcakes become delicate little treats – perfect for any occasion!
The flavouring of Rosewater however can be quite intimidating to those who haven’t tried it, but trust me, if you use it in moderation (a little goes a long way!) then you should utterly love it – I certainly do and I love my classic flavours!
Some people associate rose flavour with the delicious Turkish delight, a delicious flavour I made into cupcakes! However, stripped back, the rose flavour paired with the nuttiness of pistachio is just heaven. On top of that, pistachio is the perfect nut, in my opinion, to go with the sweet flavour of this bake.
These cupcakes truly are perfect for those wanting a little treat that has the perfect hint of sweetness but also hits the right spot each and every time. Perfect with a cup of tea… or even a glass of prosecco!
Rosewater and Pistachio Cupcakes!
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g self raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp rosewater
- 65 g pistachios chopped finely
- 125 g unsalted butter room tempreture
- 450 g icing sugar
- 1-3 tbsp whole milk
- Pink food colouring
- 3-5 drops rosewater
- Chopped pistachios
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan and line a12-hole muffin tray with cases
- Cream together the unsalted butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the self raising flour, medium eggs, baking powder, and rosewater and beat again until combined well
- Fold in the pistachios and spoon into the cases
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes (mine usually take 18minutes in my oven!) and then leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the unsalted butter in a stand mixer until smooth - this will take a couple of minutes
- Add the icing sugar gradually whilst continuously mixing (I add mine 100g/150g a time) and beat it with the milk until you get the texture you want (I beat my buttercream for 4-5 minutes to make it very smooth and light)
- Add enough food colouring and the rosewater to get the colour you want and continue to beat!
- Decorate the cupcakes how you like - I used my Open Star Tip
- Sprinkle on anything you like - I used some chopped pistachios and freeze dried raspberries!
- These cupcakes will last in an airtight container for 2-3 days and can also be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days! 🙂
- I find that rosewater is quite a strong taste so you really don't need much at all to make it flavoursome and tasty so be careful to not go crazy!