*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Light & Fluffy Cupcakes with White Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Buttercream, and sprinkles. HEAVENLY White Chocolate Cupcakes!
So as its getting towards Valentines, I thought I would post something delicious and tempting for you all. Whether you want to make a batch entirely for you and your loved one, or for you and your friends to enjoy, or even just for your family, you will LOVE these. WHITE. CHOCOLATE. CUPCAKES. Oh my days, its heavenly. Based around my Triple Chocolate Cupcakes, these are heavenly.
I wasn’t really sure where to start with this recipe, as I didn’t know if I wanted to put melted chocolate into the batter, or just chocolate chips. I therefore did several test batches of this, and I personally prefer the chocolate chips. They sort of create little pockets of deliciousness that you bite into once the cupcakes are baked and ohhh it tastes so good! Kinda like my White Chocolate & Pistachio Cake!
I bought these utterly gorgeous little Iced Jems Baking Cups as I am obsessed with them. I bought these particular ones a little while ago so I’m not sure if these particular ones are still available, but so many other ones are! They are amazing as you can put the cups onto a flat tray rather than in a muffin case, so if you do have a little mixture left over (like I did in this one, I made 13 cupcakes) you can still fit them onto the same shelf in the oven! When you go to eat the cupcake, the case itself pulls out and ends up being almost its own little plate! I can’t get over them. They’re amazing and so cute. Buy them HERE!
I honestly adored these cupcakes, and so did my taste testers. HOWEVER, the one who loved them the most was my cake-hating boyfriend. I was honestly so surprised! He turned down a YumYum for another one of my cupcakes! I finally feel like I have concurred his cupcake/cake hating vibe with these deeeeeelicious cupcakes! I hope you love these as much as he and I did! Enjoy!
White Chocolate Cupcakes!
For the Cupcakes
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 150 g White Chocolate Chips
For the Buttercream
- 125 g Unsalted Butter
- 250 g Icing Sugar
- 150 g White Chocolate
- 1-3 tbsp Boiling Water
For the Decoration
- White Chocolate Bits
- Heat your oven to 180C/160 Fan/350F and line a cupcake/muffin tin with 12 Large cupcakes cases/Muffin Cases. Or put your Iced Jems Baking Cups onto a flat tray!
- With a stand mixer – Beat the butter with the caster sugar until light and fluffy – Combine the eggs and self-raising flour with the butter/sugar mix until well combined. It won’t take too long to mix!
- Fold through the White Chocolate Chips until even!
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases evenly and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer poked into one of the cakes comes out clean and they are springy to touch – leave them to cool fully on a wire rack.
- To make the White Chocolate Buttercream – Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave in short bursts – Leave to cool on the side for 10 minutes.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes to loosen it – gradually beat in the icing sugar until well combined (this can take up to 5 minutes)
- Then, fold through the cooled and melted white chocolate – if its still really stiff, then add in a little milk/boiling water to loosen it and make it smooth.
- To decorate the Cupcakes – I used a Medium 2D closed star tip to decorate my cakes but you can do whatever you like!
- Once iced, sprinkle with your decorations and gobble them all up!
- I buy my Cupcakes Cases/Baking Cups from Iced Jems – here!
- The White Chocolate really should be cooled before adding into the buttercream, if not it might heat the mixture too much and it’ll go runny/split.
- You obviously change the white chocolate in this mix into Milk Chocolate, or even Dark chocolate if you prefer them!
- These cupcakes will last in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature!
Find my other Cupcake & Chocolate Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.