February 12, 2018
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Simple two-ingredient s’mores dip for a delicious treat – perfect for dipping your favourite treats!
So I have always adored chocolate, this is obvious. I would try chocolate anything if I was given the opportunity. Cake, cookies, cheesecakes, desserts, drinks and more.. but sometimes, just chocolate on its own is ideal.
However, if you add in some delicious melted marshmallows, you get an even more winning combination. Chocolate and marshmallows together are one of my guilty pleasures… especially when they’re both melted.
This sort of post isn’t really a recipe, but it kinda is as well. You literally just need some melted chocolate, and some melted marshmallows to make it work. Then, you can do whatever you want with it!
My absolute and utter favourite things to dip into this beauty, is strawberries. However, as it’s not really strawberry season anymore, anything else would do! Of course, the classic would be a biscuit-like a graham cracker or a digestive. You can even jazz it up, and make it a chocolate digestive! However, I always have plain digestives in my cupboard from all the cheesecakes I make.
S’mores themed bakes
I know you guys love s’mores themed treats, as my no-bake s’mores cheesecake and my s’mores cookie bars have been a massive hit. Honestly, biscuit, chocolate and marshmallow together is DELIGHTFUL. Just can’t really get enough of it!
Making s’mores dip has always been a go-to treat for me.. and it’s so easy to make it even more delicious. Add a layer of nuts between the chocolate and marshmallows, add some fruit in there, use different flavours of chocolate and more… adapt how you please!
Tips and tricks
I did find it far easier to pre-melt the mixture in a way, by using a microwaveable dish, and then just finishing the mixture off under the grill. The mixture in the bowl is in a 7-8″ pie dish, so its enough to serve a decent few.
Obviously, something like this can become a bit sickly after a while so sharing is best… however, you could use a small bowl, and do the same thing, and have individual s’mores dips! Or, you could use mini marshmallows to make these even quicker, and stir the chocolate and marshmallow together.. but either way, the combination is a dream. Enjoy! x
- 200-400 g milk chocolate
- 200-400 g large marshmallows
- Anything else you fancy!
- In a large heatproof/microwaveable dish, add your chocolate on the bottom layer.
- Place marshmallows all over the top of the milk chocolate, so it covers the chocolate.
- Microwave the dish for 2-4 minutes in 30 second intervals so the chocolate starts to melt, and the marshmallows also start to melt.
- Once the marshmallows are softer, grill the dish under the grill for 10-20 seconds so the marshmallows toast!
- Let it cool for two minutes, then dip away! I dip digestive biscuits, strawberries and more!
- I just used regular chocolate from a chocolate bar - but you can use your favourites! You could even try a flavoured chocolate, or a chocolate with caramel in the middle (but be warned, caramel gets very hot!)
- You can make a smaller amount by using the smaller amounts, or a large amount to serve more people with more. It's honestly so easy to adapt - just do what you want.
- I used the large marshmallows you get in a bag from a supermarket, and used the pink and white ones.
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This looks incredible! Unfortunately, I don’t have a microwave, is there any other way to do this recipe? Love your recipes! Thank you!
Looks delicious I’m definitely going to try this, just made your brookies 😋 x