Slutty Brownies!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Base, Oreos, and Gooey Chocolate Brownie… All in One = Slutty Brownies!

This idea came about a good while ago, and personally I first saw the idea from Rosie Londoner. I remember making something similar once and posting it onto Instagram, and it was my most popular photo at the time reaching above 100 likes (which was like madness at the time) – but I don’t believe I ever posted the recipe.

I could be wrong in saying where they came from, but Slutty Brownies have become a bit of an iconic bake. To be fair, they are actually Oreo Brookies, but the name Slutty Brownies is so well known for what the bake is now, that people just tend to stick to it!

With a thick Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer,  oodles of Oreos, and then Gooey Chocolate Brownies you have a bit of a winner. It’s basically everything that I love, in one. Baked together to form a gooey yet delicious layer of Cookie, and Oreos, AND then gooey brownie! Literally heaven in every bite.

For me, the Cookie Layer came about from my Rolo Cookie Bars (and my others, but c’mon.. Rolos!), as I just love it. My original Brookie post was quite different, but I have perfected these Cookie Bars so much that I’ve just completely changed it up to what it is now! Also, with a highly different method for baking with the Brownies – freezing the cookie dough for a bit first!

It essentially is the same recipe as my Rolo Cookie Bars, just with a smidge less flour, and no Rolos. I felt like the Cookies could get away with being a smidge softer in these, so it’s not too much of a contrast with the Brownies themselves! You want the main biscuit part to come from the Oreos instead!

For the Brownies, it’s essentially the same recipe as my Triple Chocolate Brownies, but halved. You don’t need a normal batch of brownies for these, as you already have the Cookie and Oreo layers! Luckily, the recipe is quite easy to halve. I wouldn’t recommend baking this amount of brownie on its own though, as that probably wouldn’t taste so good!

I realise that the name – Slutty Brownies – is a bit much, but it’s meant in a way because they are ‘dirty’. All your favourite bits, gooey, and smushed together. They are indulgent, delicious, and INSANE when warmed up. Not going to lie, on several occasions when I have made these, I don’t want for them to cool properly first before eating them as they are just incredible.

Serve these as the are, or with Ice Cream, or Cream or anything really! They really are just to die for – and are so moreish. Definitely not one for those who are trying to reduce their calorie content in general – but one of these isn’t going to kill you. They will be the ultimate treat. I hope you love them! Enjoy! x

Slutty Brownies!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Base, Oreos, and Gooey Chocolate Brownie... All in One = Slutty Brownies!
4.8 from 20 votes

• 2 Medium Eggs
  • 140 g Caster Sugar
  • 50 g Plain Flour
  • 25 g Cocoa Powder
  • 150 g Milk Chocolate Chips

For the Cookie Layer

• Beat together your Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy!
  • Add in the Egg, and Vanilla, and beat again till smooth.
  • Adding the Flour, Bicarbonate, Salt and Cornflour and beat until a cookie Dough is formed!
  • Add in the Chocolate Chips, mix, and press into the bottom of a 9x9" Square Baking Tin, lined with parchment paper.
  • Freeze for 20 minutes!

For the Oreo Layer

• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan
  • Cover the layer of Cookie, with Oreos. I keep mine whole, and just cover them!

For the Brownie Layer

• Melt together your Dark Chocolate with your Butter until smooth.
  • Whisk together the Eggs and Sugar into a thick mousse like mixture, and then fold through the melted chocolate mix.
  • Add in the Flour, and Cocoa Powder, and fold through again.
  • Mix through the Chocolate Chips carefully, and then pour over the Oreo layer!
  • Bake the Slutty Brownies in the over for 25-30 minutes, or until baked through. Sometimes can take a smidge longer!
  • Leave to cool in your tin for 10 minutes, and then carefully remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
  • Cut up into your portions and enjoy!

• I think it's important to freeze the cookie dough, to help the Brownies bake better. It is optional however! If you want, you can put the Cookie layer into the fridge for an hour instead of the freezer for 20 minutes!
  • The Oreos are optional, if you just want to make Brookies then you can leave them out!
  • The Cookie Layer is inspired by my Cookie bars, and the Brownie Layer is inspired by my Brownies! The general idea, is inspired my Rosie Londoner!
  • These will last for 4-5 days easily, if not longer if they aren't already eaten!
Nutrition Facts
Sugar 34g38%
Protein 4g8%
Vitamin A 430IU9%
Vitamin C 0.1mg0%
Calcium 47mg5%
Iron 3mg17%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Cheesecake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Abbey
    September 20, 2020 at 3:15 pm

You are the queen of recipes!

• Screenname 1994
    August 24, 2020 at 9:38 am

Wow! Why have I only just discovered your blog!
    These are absolutely incredible! My cookie layer went a tad cakey but I think that may be because I over baked them slightly, I had a bit of an oven mishap and put them in the oven for half an hour with only the light in the oven being on and not the actual oven being on 🙈

August 24, 2020 at 9:24 pm

Ahh yes, it will just be over baked slightly – warm them in the microwave if you have one before eating and they should be fine! x

• Sarah
    August 19, 2020 at 10:36 pm

I am looking to bake this over the weekend and was just wondering if I could replace the Oreo layer with a spread such as Nutella or Biscoff?

If so and you think this would work, how much would you recommend using and would you just spread it on the cookie layer and then put the brownie on top?

Thanks in advance!

August 20, 2020 at 10:11 am

Yes so it should work, but sometimes can take longer to bake (I am doing a recipe for them soon) – but I would spread a layer onto the frozen cookie and then put the brownie on top! x

• Nas
    August 18, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Hi Jane, Can I just use your regular cookie bar recipe as I have some terrys cookie bar dough left Thank you x

August 18, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Yes you can – this is just reduced as you want a thinner layer x

• Mia
    August 11, 2020 at 10:42 pm

I baked this recipe for the first time the other night and fed them to my family, they said they were amazing.

But I also have some family members that couldn’t enjoy them as they are vegan and I was just wondering if you have a vegan version for this recipe as I find your recipes are the easiest and most straight forward to follow.

• Farah
    August 10, 2020 at 5:11 am

Hi, Jane. Just wondering. What if I only use 1 egg in brownie batter recipe? Can I substitute with more milk?

August 10, 2020 at 9:45 am

For the best brownie you’d use the correct ingredients in my opinion x

• kathleen
    August 1, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Just wondering you dont state on your recipes if the butter will be hard/ softened/ melted.

August 1, 2020 at 8:54 pm

If I don’t say anything it should just be used as is, but on the brownie section I do say to melt it.

• abi
    July 26, 2020 at 4:05 pm

is it okay to put the brownies mix in the fridge for a few hours before putting it into the oven?

July 26, 2020 at 5:47 pm

generally I would say no, all recipes (bar stuff that has to prove or cookie dough) should be baked straight away x

• Ishana
    July 22, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Hey i was wondering if i could substitute egg in brownies with something?

July 22, 2020 at 7:10 pm

There’s various egg replacements out there so it’s worth a google! x

• Paris Anysia Coldwell
    July 16, 2020 at 11:46 pm

Hey, could i swap the oreos for something chocolatey like Kinder bars to put in the middle?

July 17, 2020 at 8:33 am

Yes! But be careful the amount you add if it’s something that’s like just chocolate as it can make it take longer to bake!

• RT
    July 16, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Hi Jane! If I wanted to make the cookie bar bottom chocolate how much cocoa powder would I need to add and would this need to replace some of the flour?

Thanks!

July 16, 2020 at 9:12 pm

I would swap out 25g of flour for cocoa powder! x

• lola
    July 14, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Just to say you and your recipes are just AMAZING!!!

• Lib
    July 13, 2020 at 8:36 pm

Hi Jane, do you know if this would be possible to make with Gluten free flour?
    They look delicious 😛 x

July 14, 2020 at 5:31 pm

Hey! Yes it should be absolutely fine! But you’d need to check all ingredients as oreos for example aren’t gluten free. x

• Izzy
    July 8, 2020 at 9:09 am

Hi Jane! I’m going to make these over the weekend but i only have dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar for the cookie layer, will this work okay? Love all your recipes! x

July 8, 2020 at 6:35 pm

Hey! Yes it will bake the same but be slightly darker in colour and flavour x

• Elycia
    July 6, 2020 at 7:45 pm

Really want to try this recipe! Was wondering how much roughly the cooking time would increase for a 7×7 inch tin? Thank you x

July 6, 2020 at 9:10 pm

I wouldn’t recommend baking this batch into a 7″ tin as the tin is about 2/3 of the volume – personally I would make 2/3 of the recipe, and then the baking time will reduce x

• Jessica
    July 3, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Hey could you make these with a blonde top instead? If so, would you recommend halving one of your blondie recipes?

• Katie
    July 3, 2020 at 12:17 pm

Hiya!

Just wondering if I could make this with gluten free flour? Would it be the same quantity of everything?

Thanks 🙂

July 3, 2020 at 4:07 pm

Hey! So basically it is a straight swap, but the texture may be slightly different (and you’d need to make sure all ingredients are GF such as the oreos need switching to GF ones!)

• Jess
    July 3, 2020 at 11:48 am

I was so pleasantly surprised on trying this recipe! I thought maybe the three layers would make for a complicated bake but it was so simple to make and came out perfectly- looked exactly like the pictures. Think these will become a staple bake for me, also loved that there wasn’t a long list of complicated ingredients.

• Ceri Matthews
    July 3, 2020 at 12:29 am

Hi
    Is it possible to make half brookies and 1/2 slutty brookies? I’ve looked at both recipes and their slightly different?

• Lindsay
    July 2, 2020 at 8:57 pm

Hey, these look amazing and I would like to try and make them and have them warm with some ice cream, could I heat them up at all or would I only be able to do it straight from the oven?

July 3, 2020 at 11:56 am

You can microwave them for example for 20 seconds or so per piece as you don’t want to keep re-heating the entire batch x

• Lauren
    June 30, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Hey! I always use your recipes and they’re perfect, but I have a big mixing bowl and I feel like doing half the usually volume of eggs and sugar in such a big bowl didn’t make it moussey enough!

I could sense it wasn’t thick enough (after over 5 minutes of whisking with an electric had whisk when for a normal brownie mix it takes about 3) but carried on anyway anyway and now it’s taken 45 minutes to bake 🙁 Have you got any tips?

July 1, 2020 at 2:03 pm

What mixer do you use? I don’t usually have any problems with mine and I use a Kitchenaid – it won’t be the exact same as the quantities are less but it should still work! x

• Bethany
    June 30, 2020 at 12:55 pm

Hey Jane, my tray is 8 inch x 8inch, will the cooking time still be the same? Also does it matter how deep the tray is? Many thanks x

June 30, 2020 at 7:12 pm

The depth of the tray doesn’t matter as long as it’s deep enough to contain the ingredients – but the time will increase due to the smaller tin!

• Ebony
    June 29, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Hey!
    This looks delicious and I really want to make these… But I’m vegan. Do you think swapping the egg for flaxseed will work or not? And the butter to vegan butter? Thank you Xx

• Tara
    June 29, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Hiya, this is such a silly question but is it 180C or 160C for a fan oven? Also I usually make my brownies with milk chocolate, but in this case would that make it much harder to bake properly?
    Made many of your other recipes and they are amazing!

June 29, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Hiya – I really really recommend the dark chocolate for the brownie base. And I usually bake mine at 160C fan, but 180C can work too as long as your oven doesn’t run too hot! x

• Vivian
      July 28, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Tried this for the first time and it’s a bit! I’ve doubled the recipe thinking we will eat it all but wonder if I can freeze the baked brownie and microwave when we want to eat it?

July 28, 2020 at 6:49 pm

Hey! Yes you definitely can – I always have a brownie supply in my freezer!!

• Tia
    June 22, 2020 at 8:37 pm

Hi Jane! This looks amazing. I wondered if I’d be able to swap the Oreos or just leave them out and have Rolo brownies with a cookie base? Would that work or would the rolos mean they may not cook properly?

Thank you!!!

June 22, 2020 at 9:10 pm

Hey! So you can swap the oreos for other biscuits easily, or leave the amount! Rolo’s can definitely change baking time, but should work okay if frozen solid first! x

• Ellie
    June 22, 2020 at 4:13 pm

Made these this afternoon and they taste fab, only comment is that the cookie section has more of a cakey texture than cookie? I froze as per instructions is there something that could of caused this or is this how they should be?

• Tom N
    June 21, 2020 at 9:54 am

Hi Jane. I made your triple chocolate brownies, which were amazing, and now want to try these. In the recipe only milk choc chips are mentioned, but in the pictures it looks like white are used as well. I might just be being thick! Would you use white or just stick to milk? Thanks!

June 21, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Hey! Sorry I’ve made these a few times haha – you can use either/any! In the cookie bit I did just use milk, but brownies I think I used a mix! (The oreo filling has made it look a bit like white chocolate on the bottom) x

• M
    June 14, 2020 at 7:20 pm

Love your recipes! When you say bake through, should a knife be clean? I always worry if I will over bake or under bake. I know they cook more when they are in the tin but worried I take them out too early. Sometimes I don’t know if things are raw or just super gooey. Any tips you could provide would be fab
    Thanks so much 🙂 x

June 14, 2020 at 8:24 pm

Hey! So typically the skewer test doesn’t work the best with traybakes. Because there are things inside side as the oreos, chocolate chips it can mean it may always look dirty! I usually say a small wobble in the middle, and then maybe a skewer with a few crumbs, but nothing major!

• Kimberley Thompson
    June 8, 2020 at 12:14 pm

Once cooked, can the brookies be frozen and defrosted to eat another day?

Would you suggest cooking from frozen or defrost overnight?

June 8, 2020 at 12:35 pm

Hey! Yes you can definitely freeze them – they just need thawing, they don’t need baking again! x

• Sarah
    June 6, 2020 at 11:26 am

Hi can you use any flavoured Oreos e.g brownie flavoured?

• Erin
    June 1, 2020 at 10:39 pm

I’ve made this twice and both times it was all gone in 2 days!! It’s lush!!

I wanted to make a plan brownie could I just use the brownie layer from this recipe ?

June 2, 2020 at 11:38 am

Hey! You can – but it’s very thin – I would look at my triple chocolate brownie post!

• Toni Taylor
    May 26, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Could I make the cookie later up in advance and free for 3 days before doing the full
    Brownie? I have free time today to bulk bake as much as I can but would like the brownies to be made for Friday for freshness 🤗

• Caz
    May 22, 2020 at 3:56 pm

I’m not sure on this… made them for the first time today… I had them in for about 45 mins in total, allowed them to cool but the middle of the tray is defo not cooked in regards to the brownie 😞
    How do you know when they are really ready to come out

May 24, 2020 at 1:43 pm

Hey! So did you swap anything out for the brownie part? Such as using milk chocolate instead of dark? As that definitely causes a problem – other than that, you really do need to be careful when folding everything in, as not folding carefully, or not whising the eggs/sugar up enough can make the mixture thin – and that can cause problems! X

• Sarah
    May 22, 2020 at 1:34 pm

Made these today – they are lovely! My family loves them. Do keep them in fridge once done please?

May 22, 2020 at 8:07 pm

Ahh yay! I just keep them at room temp personally! x

• Kimberley Thompson
      June 8, 2020 at 10:45 am

Once cooked, can the brookies be frozen and defrosted to eat another day?

• Emily
    May 17, 2020 at 3:27 pm

I’ve made this twice now I love it and I have made several other recipes the are sooo good.♥️

• Nat
      May 29, 2020 at 9:07 am

Would it work to use white chocolate chips instead of milk ones as struggling to get hold of them at the moment?

May 29, 2020 at 9:11 am

Hey! Yes for sure – you can swap up the chocolate chip flavour!

• Manmeet Edwards
      August 21, 2020 at 9:03 pm

Hi
      My passion is baking and i love making brownies, I normally have a standard recipe I use but I came across these and now will never use another one again.
      They were an instant hit and I made them both ways with and without oereos definitely prefer the oreo addition they didn’t last long and I took some for my sister in law and nephew and they loved them 😁

• Kathryn Jade
    May 3, 2020 at 9:03 pm

I wasn’t sure how I felt about this recipe, but I thought I would give it a go either way as what is the worst that can happen when you combine cookie mixture and brownies?
    I was pleasantly surprised at how these turned out and although I won’t be baking them regularly, they are definitely one to bake if you want an indulgent pudding!

• H
    May 3, 2020 at 8:25 pm

These were wonderful and the recipe was really easy to follow! 😊

• Morgan
    May 3, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Have made 4 batches of this to deliver to friends during lockdown. Great recipe, have only tried without the Oreos, but simply delicious!

• Sarah
      June 30, 2020 at 9:52 am

Hi these look amazing – can they be made dairy free? Thanks

June 30, 2020 at 7:15 pm

Yes! The butter can be dairy free spread, I use stork block, and then swap the chocolates to dairy free versions!

• Zak hoblyn
    May 2, 2020 at 7:55 am

Wohooo, These came out great!!! I am not usually a fan of Oreos but it really adds a nice flavour. Recipe and timings were perfect, it also looks soo impressive!
    Definitely freeze the cookie dough as Jane says before applying the brownie mixture.

• Danielle
    April 20, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Hi, are there any other types of sugar I could use for the cookie layer, I can’t find light brown sugar anywhere!!! Thanks x

April 20, 2020 at 1:38 pm

It’s best to use something like granulated sugar, but caster sugar can be used if needed.

• Alex Groves
    March 18, 2020 at 6:23 pm

Hi trying this recipe for first time tonight and brownie still seems to be very sloppy after 30mins in oven? Any suggestions please?

March 18, 2020 at 7:15 pm

As mentioned on the post, it can take a little while in some ovens – however, it really does rely on using the correct ingredients (such as dark chocolate) and whisking correctly, so it could be any number of reasons. As it’s such a thin layer though – half the normal amount – they should be fine once cooled!

• Charlotte
    March 4, 2020 at 11:34 pm

Wow what an amazing recipe. This was a hit with everyone – especially a friend who loves brownies. I’ll be making these again next week!

• Lucy
    March 2, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Looks amazing!
    Do you think it would work to double to recipe and cook in a 9×13″ tin? Would the baking time change much?

March 2, 2020 at 5:36 pm

A 9×13″ tin is roughly 1.4x the size of my suggested tin, so it might take a bit longer!

• Lou Cox
    February 26, 2020 at 7:49 pm

Hi, this recipe looks great. Do you have a view on what cocoa content chocolate you would use or at least the minimum percentage that you would recommend? Many thanks Lou

February 26, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Generally it should always be 70% or darker, but I recommend 80% or more!

• Poppy
    January 21, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Can I freeze these?

• A B
    December 3, 2019 at 9:24 pm

hi I’m making this for my birthday, I was just wondering if it was okay to leave the cookie layer in the fridge over night or maybe even a couple of nights?? also do you have any other suggestions for what you could put instead of the oreo layer(anything really) (I love oreos but there not usually my first choice))

December 7, 2019 at 8:36 pm

I would follow the recipe and freeze the cookie dough for the best results, it would last ages in the freezer – and you can swap for pretty much any biscuit!

• Sarah
    October 13, 2019 at 5:12 pm

Made these today – they are amazing!!

• Demi Young
    July 13, 2019 at 8:39 am

Are these ok to freeze and then defrost? Xx

• Demi Young
    July 3, 2019 at 6:44 am

Hi lovely. Last time I tried to making the slutty brownies, the cookie part completely burnt. Can you help at all? Xxxx

July 3, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Did you bake them for longer than the timings stated? If not, it’s very surprising that they managed to burn – there may be something wrong with your oven!

• Samantha
    June 24, 2019 at 2:49 pm

I don’t have any cornflour. Is there anything I can use to substitute it?

June 24, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Cornflour really is the best thing for it – but if you really can’t use it you can take it out and add in 50g more flour (the bake may still be different)

• Beth
      March 15, 2020 at 9:57 am

These were amazing! Made them yesterday with a friend and they are super scrummy. Question: can you use the cookie recipe part to make normal cookies? Thank you! Xx

March 15, 2020 at 12:41 pm

You can! But have a look at my cookie bar recipes as thats purely cookie based!

• Tammy
    June 17, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Hiya, might be a silly question but what size tin do you use for this recipe? Thank you.

June 18, 2019 at 7:29 am

It’s written in the method – but its a 9″ square.

• Jacob Hardman
    June 15, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Maybe a silly question but if I wanted to make more at once is it possible just multiple all the ingredients by 1.5 or 2?

June 15, 2019 at 4:04 pm

You could, but I would advise using a larger tin as well – if you doubled it, you could bake into a 9×13″ tin!

• Naomi
    April 17, 2019 at 11:10 am

Have made these once already and am about to make another 2 batches for people at work as they loved them. Do you think mini eggs would work in place of the Oreo layer? Thank you for the awesome recipes Naomi

April 17, 2019 at 4:38 pm

Yessss, I’ve done this and it’s epic!

• Naomi
      April 25, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Thank you Jane tried it and was awesome ☺☺☺☺

• Kim
      May 14, 2020 at 5:53 pm

Hi, I have no parchment paper, any suggestions what I can do instead please?

May 15, 2020 at 9:27 am

Hey! I really do recommend lining tins with parchment/greaseproof paper I’m afraid!