*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Easy No-Bake Twix Rocky Road with all the delicious chocolatey trimmings!
Oh heyyy blog, its been a while. Two weeks to be exact, but I don’t think I’ve had a two week gap for recipes since I started this blog… so apologies for the mini absence!
My roommate and I went for a mini-break to St Ives in Cornwall, which we do every year, and I just thought I would ignore my blog a little bit to actually have a holiday. Quite frankly, it was wonderful.
However, I am back, and I am ready to share oodles and oodles more delicious recipes, starting with this Twix Rocky Road. Yeah thats right, Twix. Rocky. Road. HELLOOOO there!
I bloody love a Twix bar. I think that they are such an underrated bar, and I don’t even know why! These days, you can buy WHITE CHOCOLATE Twix Bars from a few shops such as Tesco and B&M and they’re the best thing ever.
The White Twix is something to behold, because it’s still got the classic delicious caramel and biscuit, but the sweet sweet incasing of White Chocolate all over. Using the classic, and white in this recipe, was the best decision.
I feel like this is a bit of a silly choice seeing as it’s really not that been long since Easter, but how can you resist something as delicious as this?! It’s so quick to make and shove into a tin, and then devour every little morsel yourself once it’s set!
I find making Rocky Road bars very easy, and very delicious to do. I make them in a variety of ways, but the best bet is to add your Butter and Golden Syrup to a pan and heat till the butter has melted, and then stir in the chocolate till melted.
You can do it other ways where you just add the Butter, Syrup and Chocolate all to the pan, or you can add them all into the microwave! I personally use supermarket own chocolate, or callebaut, and it’s never split on me! If you use chocolates such as Cadburys, that can lead to a split if you’re not careful!
Make sure to not make your syrup mixture, or the mixture in general get too hot, because that isn’t the best. However, with a little faith, you will have the most delicious traybake.
One other tip however, make sure to let the chocolate mix cool a smidge if you can before mixing in, otherwise the chocolate around the Twix’s will just melt as well.
I hope you all love this delicious, quick, and easy no-bake recipe! Enjoy! x
Twix Rocky Road!
- 175 g Golden Syrup
- 125 g Unsalted Butter
- 250 g Milk Chocolate
- 250 g Dark Chocolate
- 350 g Twix (Classic/White)
- 125 g Mini Marshmallows
- 200 g Shortbread
- 100 g Raisins/Glace Cherries/anything (optional)
- Extra Twix for decoration
- Line your 9" Square Tin with parchment paper and leave to the side for now.
- Chop up your Twix and shortbread into bitesize pieces, and add to a large bowl with your mini marshmallows and raisins/glace cherries.
- In a pan, add your Golden Syrup and Unsalted Butter and melt on a medium heat, till your butter has melted.
- Take your pan off the heat, and add in your chocolate, and stir together till smooth! If you chocolate doesn't quite melt, put it back on the heat for a few seconds and stir, etc!
- Let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes, and then pour into your bowl.
- Stir the mixure together, and then pour into the tin.
- Add any extra Twix on top, and then leave to set in the fridge till solid!
- This recipe will last for 1 week+ in the fridge, or room temperature if it's not too hot!
- You can use all milk chocolate, all dark, or a mixture like I do. I wouldn't recommend white chocolate.
- I bought my White Chocolate Twix in Tesco, but they're also in B&M!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.