Jammie Dodger Blondies!

Sweet & Delicious Jammie Dodger Blondies! With a Delicious Blondie Batter, White Chocolate Chips, Raspberry Jam and Jammie Dodgers!

Oh hey there! This is probably one of the most requested recipes I will have ever posted. I realise I say this a lot, but honestly… the other day I did a recipe request post on Instagram, and genuinely over 200 people said Jammie Dodger Blondies… the good thing is, they were already baked and ready to post on here!

Because Jammie Dodger Blondies are something that is so highly requested, I wanted to get the recipe right! This beauty is a marriage between my Bakewell Blondies that are so highly adored already and my other blondies such as my Easter Blondies!

Blondies are similar to brownies in the fact that they can sometimes be a little tricky to bake – but honestly, once you crack it they are 100% worth the effort! Blondies are the dreamiest of dreamy when it comes to traybakes.

I often get a lot of “What’s the different between blondies and cookie bars” questions – and trust me they are different. A cookie bar is literally just a cookie that has been baked into traybake form! You just don’t scoop them into individual cookies! Blondies, however, are a non-chocolatey or ‘white’ version of a brownie! Very similar ingredients to a brownie, but no chocolate base!

Some blondies use a white chocolate base for the recipe – and I do love that, but generally, I prefer to leave that out. You can add it in, but I find it more successful without it! I use white chocolate chips instead! If you can’t find white chocolate chips, you can just cut up the white chocolate into chip size!

When it comes to getting the batter right – it’s a fine line between mixing the mixture enough, but not overdoing it! I tend to melt my butter till it’s liquid (but not split) – and then mixing my sugar’s into the butter for about 2 minutes. I use a 50/50 mix of white granulated sugar, and light brown sugar, but if you want the lighter more classic blondie colour just use all white granulated!

Then, I add in my eggs and beat again till smooth. The eggs will loosen the mixture slightly, but don’t worry! If you want to add in a flavouring such as vanilla, this is the point to do it!! It’s optional because sweetness comes from the white chocolate chips and the jam, but it’s also delicious if you do include it and have a sweet tooth like me!

Then, I add in the flour and the cornflour. You may ask why do you add cornflour? And that’s because it creates an epic texture. However, if you don’t have access to cornflour (or cornstarch as it’s known in other countries) then you can leave it out. I just adore it and use cornflour often in my bakes!

By the time you have mixture your batter, it shouldn’t be incredibly thick like a cake mix, but also shouldn’t be easy to pour. I usually need to spread the mixture a bit into the tin, but it’s not a hard task. I use a 9×9″ tin – and it creates the perfect size blondie! If you use a smaller tin it WILL need longer to bake, because the volume will be too much!

I use raspberry jam in these blondies because the jammie dodgers I use are raspberry flavoured! You can use any type of jam you fancy whether it’s strawberry, seedless, blackberry conserves, lemon curd or so on! Anything you really want will work – it’s just best to stick to the same quantities so you don’t overdo it and make the mixture not bake!

You can make your own homemade jammie dodgers – but I find the shopbought regular size ones PERFECTLY fit the 9×9″ square tin, and make it one jammie dodger per slice! You can use mini ones, or a mixture, or less! It would be hard to use more though… but you get me!

When it comes to the actual baking, you’ve got to find that perfect balance. When I take the blondies out of the oven, the middle wobbles slightly. The whole tray shouldn’t wobble – but there should still be a bit in the middle as the blondies will continue to bake somewhat in the tin. A skewer test is hard, as jam or melted chocolate may come out on it – but there shouldn’t be any raw batter!

If your blondies still seem raw, you may have over mixed the mixture (just like brownies taking longer in some ovens!) – cover in foil, and bake in 5-minute increments. If you are unsure, once the jammie dodger blondies have cooled fully – you can ‘set’ them in the fridge for a few hours which will firm them up nicely, give the best texture, and make them easier to cut!

I wish blondies and brownies were easier to get bang on – and personally, for me, they are these days, but I must have made over 1000x trays of them by now! I love these Jammie Dodger blondies SO much – and I hope you do too! x

Jammie Dodger Blondies!

4.58 from 7 votes
Category: Traybakes
Type: Blondies
Keyword: Jam, Jammie Dodger
Cooling Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours
Servings: 16 Pieces

• 200 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
  • 125 g White Granulated Sugar
  • 125 g Light Brown Sugar (see notes!)
  • 3 Medium Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
  • 275 g Plain Flour
  • 1 tbsp Cornflour (optional - see notes)
  • 150 g White Chocolate Chips
  • 200 g Jam (I used raspberry!)
  • 16 Jammie Dodgers

• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper.
  • In a large bowl, add your Melted butter and Sugars and whisk till smooth. I beat mine for several minutes, and it starts to lighten the mixture.
  • Add in the Eggs and beat again till smooth. If you are using vanilla, add it in now!
  • Add in the Flour and Cornflour and beat till a thick blondie mixture is made - it really doesn't take long to create this mixture!
  • Add in your White Chocolate and fold through!
  • Pour the mixture into the tin, and spread.
  • Spoon on your jam in blobs, and then lightly swirl through - you don't want the jam to push down too low!
  • Add the Jammie Dodgers on, I line them all up next to each other!
  • Bake the Blondies in the oven for 25-30+ minutes, or until there is an ever so slight wobble in the middle. However, they can take longer. A skewer should come out clean, or with a few little crumbs, but not raw batter. See notes below!
  • Leave to cool in the tin.
  • Can be easier if you set them in the fridge, to make it easier to cut.

• I recommend using this 9" tin!
  • I love the 50/50 mix of white granulated sugar, and light brown sugar - but you can use all white granulated for the classic lighter coloured blondie or all light brown sugar if you want them more caramel like!
  • The cornflour is for texture, but if you don't have it you can leave it out, or use 25g more flour!
  • They can take upwards of 40+ minutes in some ovens, due to using different ingredients, different ovens, different mixing methods and so on.
  • If they turn out cakey, they are over baked - that's all! Bake for a little less time next time.
  • I use regular size Jammie Dodgers, but you can use the smaller ones too!
  • These will last in a cake tin for 4-5 days+
  • I keep them at room temperature once they have been cut.
Nutrition Facts
Sugar 27g30%
Protein 4g8%
Vitamin A 357IU7%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Calcium 38mg4%
Iron 1mg6%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Sinéad
    July 7, 2020 at 10:32 am

Fantastic recipe. New favourite treat in our house!.. Thank you for posting

• Kelly
    July 6, 2020 at 11:37 am

Hi made these yesterday in an 8″ tin and like your recipe said it needed longer but then ended up being more cakey (absolutely delicious though!!!) How would you modify the recipe fit an 8″ tin either in terms of ingredients, bake time, temp?

July 6, 2020 at 11:57 am

Hey! Ahh yes that can happen unfortunately when the tin sizes change! Typically it’s about 0.8x the recipe so if you reduce everything by about 1/5 it should be okay! Temp would be the same, time should reduce slightly x

• Becky
    July 2, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Absolutely love these!! Followed your recipe exactly and took onboard your notes and they seemed to pay off! Slightly gooey in the middle still, couldn’t seem to get them to set as much as the outside ones but sooo yummy!

• Bexii j
    June 30, 2020 at 3:10 pm

The tasted beautiful but despite following the recipe and ingredients to a tee the mix going in wasn’t spreadable but pourable.

Where do I need to mix more? It says mix sugar and butter for several minutes so I did 5 till it became lighter. After adding eggs and vanilla I beat again but only mly got a couple of mins as it came smooth so I need to beat this more so it firms up a bit?

Many thanks

June 30, 2020 at 7:11 pm

How did they turn out despite the difference in how it went into the tin? If they still baked fine I wouldn’t change anything personally. If you read the recipe post I mention how I beat my butter and sugar for about 2 minutes, so it may be that you mixed it too much x

• Elsa
    June 29, 2020 at 5:23 pm

I tried to bake these, but they rose a little and I can’t for the life of me get the middle bit cooked. Popped some foil over so I’m hoping that works

June 29, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Hey! How did you mix the mixture? And did you sub any ingredients (such as a different sugar) x

• Jenny
    June 27, 2020 at 11:20 am

Hi Jane, wasn’t able to get white choc chips could you milk instead? Thanks 😊

June 27, 2020 at 11:32 am

Yes definitely!! Or you can chop up a bar of white chocolate! x

• Mia
    June 26, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Mine are currently in the oven!! Although I accidentally picked up an 8” baking tray, hoping an extra 10-15 mins in the oven should be okay! Love your recipes! 🙂 Xx

June 26, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Hey! Yes hopefully they will, I hope you love them!! xx

• Emma Bryant
    June 26, 2020 at 10:31 am

Made these yesterday! I over baked them as they were like sponge but every time I took them out of the oven the middle was still very wobbly and when testing them with the skewer it wasn’t clean/crumbs. Want to try them again as I want to get it right!! They were still yummy though!!

June 26, 2020 at 11:01 am

Ahh oh no! There definitely is a fine balance when it comes to blondies/brownies – maybe reduce by about 5 minutes and see how you get on!

• Sophie
    June 25, 2020 at 11:53 am

Do we have to wait for the melted butter to cool down before mixing with the sugars? 🙂 x

• Catherine
    June 25, 2020 at 7:42 am

Can’t wait to make these on the weekend… would it be ok to use all caster sugar instead of brown & granulated? Thanks x

June 25, 2020 at 11:33 am

I personally think caster sugar can end up cakey if you aren’t careful so as long as you don’t over bake they’ll be okay!

• Mary
    June 24, 2020 at 6:53 pm

Hi Jane!

Was super excited to make these but after 40+ minutes in the oven on the right temp my jammy dodgers had burnt but the middle of my blondies was still raw mix!! Any tips? I’d love to make them again 🙂

June 25, 2020 at 2:55 pm

How thick was the mixture going in? It shouldn’t take so long, but it can do sometimes depending on the mixing process! Try and measure every ingredient exactly, and make sure your oven is the right temp! Often ovens can be the wrong temperature to what you think for example! xx

• Sophie
    June 24, 2020 at 1:33 pm

Hey, I really want to make this but just really scared about them being under baked. If they have been in the oven for 30 minutes and they are still gooey/looking underdone, will they still be safe to eat once they have cooled? Xx

June 25, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Hey! I generally say yes they are but that’s my personal opinion!! – if in doubt, cover with foil and bake for a bit longer – and once cooled set in the fridge to firm them up! X

• Hollie
    June 23, 2020 at 6:39 pm

Hey Jane

How would you adapt this recipe to be vegan/dairy free?

Thank you!

• Natasha
    June 23, 2020 at 9:27 am

Hi,
    Do you use the standard or low fluidity callebaut callets?

• Caren
    June 22, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Would gluten free flour and vegan white chocolate work in these?

June 22, 2020 at 9:20 pm

I have never tried the GF flour in these blondies yet, but I don’t see why not for either!

• Chloe Humphreys
    June 22, 2020 at 8:27 am

I can’t wait to make these! Do you think it would be OK to add the jammy dodgers half way through baking or definetely put them in from the start? I ‘m worried my oven will burn them :)X

June 22, 2020 at 9:07 am

I put them in at the beginning – if it burns your oven is too hot! x

• Naomi
      June 24, 2020 at 8:24 pm

I did your white chocolate and caramel blondes but they turned out like a sponge. I cant seem to get the hang of making blondes.

June 24, 2020 at 9:40 pm

That just means you have over baked them! Reduce your baking time and it should be fine!

• Matt
      June 28, 2020 at 2:56 pm

How would the baking time vary for a brownie pan with sections in?

June 28, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Yes it could do xx

• Maz
    June 21, 2020 at 10:47 am

These look delicious! Your recipes are literally the best! I wanted to ask can baking spread be used or does it have to be actual butter? Thank you xx

June 21, 2020 at 3:24 pm

Baking spread can definitely be used for blondies!

• Zoe Williams
    June 21, 2020 at 8:05 am

Fab recipe!
    *where to add vanilla essence though as lists in ingredients

June 21, 2020 at 3:25 pm

It’s optional – but you can add it in with the eggs.

• Natasha
    June 21, 2020 at 7:51 am

Do you use an electric hand whisk for your blondie mixture or just a normal one?
    Thankssss

• Fran
    June 20, 2020 at 8:38 pm

Is there a way to adapt this to include frozen raspberries in the batter?

June 21, 2020 at 3:28 pm

You can add some in, but I would reduce the jam – maybe 100g of each!

• Lindri Mander
    June 20, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Hi Jane just wondering how many large eggs should I use, I don’t have medium.

• Lyn
    June 20, 2020 at 6:24 pm

Hi Jane where do you buy your baking paper from?

June 21, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Just the supermarket – I swap between loads but usually its bacofoil!

• Roz
    June 20, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Can you freeze these?

• Alison
    June 20, 2020 at 10:01 am

Cannot wait to make these! They look delicious 😋

• Sienna
    June 20, 2020 at 8:25 am

Oh my gosh these are so CUTE! They look lush can’t wait to make them😍😋xx

• Laura
    June 20, 2020 at 8:07 am

Hi Jane, I can’t wait to make these. I’m new to blondies and need more practice with brownies! Can I ask what chocolate you use for both? I wanted to bulk buy and was going to go for callebaut callers, or would you recommend something else?
    Thanks so much.

June 20, 2020 at 8:37 am

Hey!! I use callebaut yes – I buy the 2.5kg bags of the white, milk and 70.5% dark! X