Jammie Dodger Blondies!

Sweet & Delicious Jammie Dodger Blondies! With a Delicious Blondie Batter, White Chocolate Chips, Raspberry Jam and Jammie Dodgers!

Oh hey there! This is probably one of the most requested recipes I will have ever posted. I realise I say this a lot, but honestly… the other day I did a recipe request post on Instagram, and genuinely over 200 people said Jammie Dodger Blondies… the good thing is, they were already baked and ready to post on here!

Because Jammie Dodger Blondies are something that is so highly requested, I wanted to get the recipe right! This beauty is a marriage between my Bakewell Blondies that are so highly adored already and my other blondies such as my Easter Blondies!

Blondies are similar to brownies in the fact that they can sometimes be a little tricky to bake – but honestly, once you crack it they are 100% worth the effort! Blondies are the dreamiest of dreamy when it comes to traybakes.

I often get a lot of “What’s the different between blondies and cookie bars” questions – and trust me they are different. A cookie bar is literally just a cookie that has been baked into traybake form! You just don’t scoop them into individual cookies! Blondies, however, are a non-chocolatey or ‘white’ version of a brownie! Very similar ingredients to a brownie, but no chocolate base!

Some blondies use a white chocolate base for the recipe – and I do love that, but generally, I prefer to leave that out. You can add it in, but I find it more successful without it! I use white chocolate chips instead! If you can’t find white chocolate chips, you can just cut up the white chocolate into chip size!

When it comes to getting the batter right – it’s a fine line between mixing the mixture enough, but not overdoing it! I tend to melt my butter till it’s liquid (but not split) – and then mixing my sugar’s into the butter for about 2 minutes. I use a 50/50 mix of white granulated sugar, and light brown sugar, but if you want the lighter more classic blondie colour just use all white granulated!

Then, I add in my eggs and beat again till smooth. The eggs will loosen the mixture slightly, but don’t worry! If you want to add in a flavouring such as vanilla, this is the point to do it!! It’s optional because sweetness comes from the white chocolate chips and the jam, but it’s also delicious if you do include it and have a sweet tooth like me!

Then, I add in the flour and the cornflour. You may ask why do you add cornflour? And that’s because it creates an epic texture. However, if you don’t have access to cornflour (or cornstarch as it’s known in other countries) then you can leave it out. I just adore it and use cornflour often in my bakes!

By the time you have mixture your batter, it shouldn’t be incredibly thick like a cake mix, but also shouldn’t be easy to pour. I usually need to spread the mixture a bit into the tin, but it’s not a hard task. I use a 9×9″ tin – and it creates the perfect size blondie! If you use a smaller tin it WILL need longer to bake, because the volume will be too much!

I use raspberry jam in these blondies because the jammie dodgers I use are raspberry flavoured! You can use any type of jam you fancy whether it’s strawberry, seedless, blackberry conserves, lemon curd or so on! Anything you really want will work – it’s just best to stick to the same quantities so you don’t overdo it and make the mixture not bake!

You can make your own homemade jammie dodgers – but I find the shopbought regular size ones PERFECTLY fit the 9×9″ square tin, and make it one jammie dodger per slice! You can use mini ones, or a mixture, or less! It would be hard to use more though… but you get me!

When it comes to the actual baking, you’ve got to find that perfect balance. When I take the blondies out of the oven, the middle wobbles slightly. The whole tray shouldn’t wobble – but there should still be a bit in the middle as the blondies will continue to bake somewhat in the tin. A skewer test is hard, as jam or melted chocolate may come out on it – but there shouldn’t be any raw batter!

If your blondies still seem raw, you may have over mixed the mixture (just like brownies taking longer in some ovens!) – cover in foil, and bake in 5-minute increments. If you are unsure, once the jammie dodger blondies have cooled fully – you can ‘set’ them in the fridge for a few hours which will firm them up nicely, give the best texture, and make them easier to cut!

I wish blondies and brownies were easier to get bang on – and personally, for me, they are these days, but I must have made over 1000x trays of them by now! I love these Jammie Dodger blondies SO much – and I hope you do too! x

Jammie Dodger Blondies!

4.71 from 17 votes
Category: Traybakes
Type: Blondies
Keyword: Jam, Jammie Dodger
Cooling Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours
Servings: 16 Pieces

• 200 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
  • 125 g White Granulated Sugar
  • 125 g Light Brown Sugar (see notes!)
  • 3 Medium Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
  • 275 g Plain Flour
  • 1 tbsp Cornflour (optional - see notes)
  • 150 g White Chocolate Chips
  • 200 g Jam (I used raspberry!)
  • 16 Jammie Dodgers

• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper.
  • In a large bowl, add your Melted butter and Sugars and whisk till smooth. I beat mine for several minutes, and it starts to lighten the mixture.
  • Add in the Eggs and beat again till smooth. If you are using vanilla, add it in now!
  • Add in the Flour and Cornflour and beat till a thick blondie mixture is made - it really doesn't take long to create this mixture!
  • Add in your White Chocolate and fold through!
  • Pour the mixture into the tin, and spread.
  • Spoon on your jam in blobs, and then lightly swirl through - you don't want the jam to push down too low!
  • Add the Jammie Dodgers on, I line them all up next to each other!
  • Bake the Blondies in the oven for 25-30+ minutes, or until there is an ever so slight wobble in the middle. However, they can take longer. A skewer should come out clean, or with a few little crumbs, but not raw batter. See notes below!
  • Leave to cool in the tin.
  • Can be easier if you set them in the fridge, to make it easier to cut.

• I recommend using this 9" tin!
  • I love the 50/50 mix of white granulated sugar, and light brown sugar - but you can use all white granulated for the classic lighter coloured blondie or all light brown sugar if you want them more caramel like!
  • The cornflour is for texture, but if you don't have it you can leave it out, or use 25g more flour!
  • They can take upwards of 40+ minutes in some ovens, due to using different ingredients, different ovens, different mixing methods and so on.
  • If they turn out cakey, they are over baked - that's all! Bake for a little less time next time.
  • I use regular size Jammie Dodgers, but you can use the smaller ones too!
  • These will last in a cake tin for 4-5 days+
  • I keep them at room temperature once they have been cut.
Nutrition Facts
Sugar 27g30%
Protein 4g8%
Vitamin A 357IU7%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Calcium 38mg4%
Iron 1mg6%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Asha
    September 14, 2020 at 2:51 pm

I think I’ve used a deeper tin as it’s cooking on outside and not the middle 😓 it smells amazing though! I’ve turned it down and hopefully cooking longer and slower will be ok xx

September 14, 2020 at 8:12 pm

If the tin is smaller it can definitely cause a problem with baking – but cover with foil and bake until there is a small wobble and then refrigerate over night once cooled x

• Hidayah
    September 2, 2020 at 10:54 am

Hi,

Just wanted to know if I could use caster sugar instead of granulated? xx

September 2, 2020 at 3:10 pm

You can, but I much prefer granulated for the best results x

• Jodie Dozey
    September 2, 2020 at 10:09 am

Hi, I’m attempting to make these for my nephews birthday on Sunday. Do uou reccomended baking the night before or on the day?

September 2, 2020 at 3:11 pm

They easily last a few days once made, so you could bake them the night before and set them in the fridge for a few hours to get the best texture and then enjoy on the day! X

• Jodie
      September 6, 2020 at 7:32 am

I think I swirled the jam in too much so when cooking. I thought there was batter coming out on my knife but I think it was just the jam so then I overcooked them 😕

September 6, 2020 at 9:13 am

Ahh okay, yes you need to swirl the jam in ever so slightly so it doesn’t sink/look like batter! If in doubt, warm them up with a bit and serve with custard and they’d still be yummy!

• AM
    September 1, 2020 at 10:27 am

I want to half this recipe and use a smaller baking dish, can you let me know what timing you would use for baking please? I am going to be doing around 4 of your recipes one on day so i need to make some of the recipes smaller!

September 1, 2020 at 9:26 pm

Hiya – I only make this in 9″ squares so I haven’t tested it any smaller, but half would be about a 7″ square, and I imagine 18-20 minutes or so? x

• Bethan
    August 17, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Hey,
    I just made these and I baked them for over 40 minutes. No matter how long I baked them the middle was still raw and would not cook! I followed the recipe to a T so I’m really confused as to what happened! If I made my mixture too thick, what would be the best way to thin it out for the next time I make them? Thanks!x

September 14, 2020 at 8:53 pm

Unfortunately this does mean the process you did was incorrect somewhere – as long as you used the correct ingredients. You don’t want to alter the recipe to thin it out, as the mixture should be thick. It may be your oven, it may be how you are mixing it. Blondies and brownies are classically annoying to bake for some people – but they are 100% worth it when you get there. x

• Anna
    August 9, 2020 at 8:53 pm

Hi Jane, Really adore your site and recipes but I was wondering if the baking time would change considerably if I used a glass baking dish lined with foil??

August 10, 2020 at 9:42 am

It can do – different types of dish can change the timing because of how it conducts the heat – I don’t bake in glass dishes often (and generally, I find lining with parchment/greaseproof better than foil)

• Amanda
    July 27, 2020 at 8:38 am

OMG these were absolutely amazing! Would highly recommend and I’ll definitely be making them again! Thank you! X

• Lauren Greening
    July 23, 2020 at 1:04 pm

When cooling them. How long do you cool them before putting them in the fridge and how long do you put them in the fridge for?

July 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm

I usually cool them fully before putting in the fridge personally!

• Paris Anysia Coldwell
    July 23, 2020 at 11:42 am

Hey, I’m wanting to make this and the slutty brownie but in a 9×13 tin. By how much would I increase the recipe and how much longer would I bake them for?

July 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm

You’d need about 1.5x the recipe, and I’m unsure of timings sorry!

• Emily
    July 22, 2020 at 5:23 pm

My blondies turned out cake like on the outside and completley raw in the middle. They were in the oven for around 40minutes. I used the exact ingredients. Not sure what went wrong? (The bits that were cooked were delicious though!) X

August 2, 2020 at 6:34 pm

This is often just a case of mixing incorrectly or different ingredients – the mixture should be nice and thick, but not quite as thick as a cake mix – try lowering the temp and baking for longer (covering with foil after a while to prevent burning the Jammie Dodgers). Blondies/brownies are a classic bake that can cause problems when baking unfortunately! x

• Yehonatan
    July 21, 2020 at 10:13 am

Where can I get this cookie mold cutter?

July 21, 2020 at 1:59 pm

It’s two different cutters, a circle and a heart – you can buy them in loads of places and online.

• Sandy
    July 20, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Amazing recipe! whisked the sugar and butter for about 2 mins and just mixed everything else in as little as possible. 30 minutes and amazing after being set in the fridge! so fudgy!

• Chloe
    July 19, 2020 at 1:33 pm

Mine ended up like a cake and somehow rose quite tall… I used all of the right ingredients though, I’m thinking I possibly over mixed? So tasty still!

July 19, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Cakey texture usually means it’s over baked. Did you use the right size tin? x

• Chloe
      July 20, 2020 at 11:43 am

I used a 8.5 x 8.5 tin. I did bake it for a lot longer than the recipe said but that’s because the middle took so long to cook; when I was doing the skewer test the middle was all goey batter still. Do you know why it would’ve rose so tall too? Could that be because of over baking it as it didn’t inflate for the first half of baking. Also, when adding the flour is it best to mix it in with my stand mixed or just fold it in like you do with brownies? Overall although it certainly didn’t turn out as a blondie, I was still happy with it as it was a really tasty jammy dodger cake! Hopefully next time I’ll get blondies 😆

August 2, 2020 at 6:35 pm

I mix in the flour in these with my stand mixer, but it maybe be that you added too much air which could cause the rising? It’s hard to say – as long as you used the correct ingredients they will rise slightly, but the smaller tin will naturally make them deeper! X

• Isabel
    July 16, 2020 at 11:19 am

I can’t get plain flour?! could I use self raising in these at all? Thanks

July 16, 2020 at 12:07 pm

If you use self raising they will most likely turn out like cake due to the raising agent, but if you’re not bother by that then it will still work!

• Chloe
    July 14, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Hi Jane, can you use stork instead of butter in these?

• Nicole
    July 13, 2020 at 12:01 pm

These are a hit in my house! How much would the recipe need to change if I was to use a smaller tin or foil trays to bake?

July 13, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Hey! That depends on what size of tray you wanted to use instead as they can vary loads!

• Katie
    July 12, 2020 at 6:16 pm

These look amazing! Do you reckon I could freeze them?

• Emma
    July 12, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Hi!
    I made these for the first time, cooked them for 37 minutes and took out as slightly wobbly in middle like you said and def ready round the outside left to cool for a few hours put in fridge before cutting and the middle when cutting fell apart couldn’t pick it up was just goo. I have a gas oven but I have a thermometer in it so temp should be correct.
    Will try again for longer next time!
    Thanks for the recipe ☺️

July 15, 2020 at 12:06 pm

Hey! Yes unfortunately sometimes the mixture can take longer in some ovens – kinda like brownies! Try not to over mix, but also may lower the temperature and bake for longer so the outside doesn’t over bake!

• Jess
    July 11, 2020 at 12:53 pm

I made these yesterday in 2 tins one is amazing other is cakey and dry? They both cooked for same amount of time , what happened 🙁 x

July 11, 2020 at 7:43 pm

Sorry I’m confused.. did you use two tins for the same amount of mix as listed or make a double batch of the recipe and bake into two different tins? Either can definitely contribute towards it if the mix is different to what I have stated – or it could even just be your oven!

• Carrie
    July 10, 2020 at 10:59 pm

I made these and the biscoff blondies today and both came out pretty cakey but with a totally raw middle? I’m baffled, I did everything down to at ee. 🤷‍♀️

August 2, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Unfortunately something will have happened to cause this as they do work perfectly for lots of people – This is often just a case of mixing incorrectly or different ingredients – try lowering the temp and baking for longer (covering with foil after a while to prevent burning the Jammie Dodgers)!

• Sadie Rowland
    July 9, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Hi jane
    The blondies are coming g out like sponge cake?

July 9, 2020 at 6:04 pm

The oven is too high, or you’ve baked for too long!

• Sinéad
    July 7, 2020 at 10:32 am

Fantastic recipe. New favourite treat in our house!.. Thank you for posting

• Kelly
    July 6, 2020 at 11:37 am

Hi made these yesterday in an 8″ tin and like your recipe said it needed longer but then ended up being more cakey (absolutely delicious though!!!) How would you modify the recipe fit an 8″ tin either in terms of ingredients, bake time, temp?

July 6, 2020 at 11:57 am

Hey! Ahh yes that can happen unfortunately when the tin sizes change! Typically it’s about 0.8x the recipe so if you reduce everything by about 1/5 it should be okay! Temp would be the same, time should reduce slightly x

• Becky
    July 2, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Absolutely love these!! Followed your recipe exactly and took onboard your notes and they seemed to pay off! Slightly gooey in the middle still, couldn’t seem to get them to set as much as the outside ones but sooo yummy!

• Bexii j
    June 30, 2020 at 3:10 pm

The tasted beautiful but despite following the recipe and ingredients to a tee the mix going in wasn’t spreadable but pourable.

Where do I need to mix more? It says mix sugar and butter for several minutes so I did 5 till it became lighter. After adding eggs and vanilla I beat again but only mly got a couple of mins as it came smooth so I need to beat this more so it firms up a bit?

Many thanks

June 30, 2020 at 7:11 pm

How did they turn out despite the difference in how it went into the tin? If they still baked fine I wouldn’t change anything personally. If you read the recipe post I mention how I beat my butter and sugar for about 2 minutes, so it may be that you mixed it too much x

• Elsa
    June 29, 2020 at 5:23 pm

I tried to bake these, but they rose a little and I can’t for the life of me get the middle bit cooked. Popped some foil over so I’m hoping that works

June 29, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Hey! How did you mix the mixture? And did you sub any ingredients (such as a different sugar) x

• Jenny
    June 27, 2020 at 11:20 am

Hi Jane, wasn’t able to get white choc chips could you milk instead? Thanks 😊

June 27, 2020 at 11:32 am

Yes definitely!! Or you can chop up a bar of white chocolate! x

• Mia
    June 26, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Mine are currently in the oven!! Although I accidentally picked up an 8” baking tray, hoping an extra 10-15 mins in the oven should be okay! Love your recipes! 🙂 Xx

June 26, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Hey! Yes hopefully they will, I hope you love them!! xx

• Emma Bryant
    June 26, 2020 at 10:31 am

Made these yesterday! I over baked them as they were like sponge but every time I took them out of the oven the middle was still very wobbly and when testing them with the skewer it wasn’t clean/crumbs. Want to try them again as I want to get it right!! They were still yummy though!!

June 26, 2020 at 11:01 am

Ahh oh no! There definitely is a fine balance when it comes to blondies/brownies – maybe reduce by about 5 minutes and see how you get on!

• Sophie
    June 25, 2020 at 11:53 am

Do we have to wait for the melted butter to cool down before mixing with the sugars? 🙂 x

• Catherine
    June 25, 2020 at 7:42 am

Can’t wait to make these on the weekend… would it be ok to use all caster sugar instead of brown & granulated? Thanks x

June 25, 2020 at 11:33 am

I personally think caster sugar can end up cakey if you aren’t careful so as long as you don’t over bake they’ll be okay!

• Mary
    June 24, 2020 at 6:53 pm

Hi Jane!

Was super excited to make these but after 40+ minutes in the oven on the right temp my jammy dodgers had burnt but the middle of my blondies was still raw mix!! Any tips? I’d love to make them again 🙂

June 25, 2020 at 2:55 pm

How thick was the mixture going in? It shouldn’t take so long, but it can do sometimes depending on the mixing process! Try and measure every ingredient exactly, and make sure your oven is the right temp! Often ovens can be the wrong temperature to what you think for example! xx

• Sophie
    June 24, 2020 at 1:33 pm

Hey, I really want to make this but just really scared about them being under baked. If they have been in the oven for 30 minutes and they are still gooey/looking underdone, will they still be safe to eat once they have cooled? Xx

June 25, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Hey! I generally say yes they are but that’s my personal opinion!! – if in doubt, cover with foil and bake for a bit longer – and once cooled set in the fridge to firm them up! X

• Hollie
    June 23, 2020 at 6:39 pm

Hey Jane

How would you adapt this recipe to be vegan/dairy free?

Thank you!

• Natasha
    June 23, 2020 at 9:27 am

Hi,
    Do you use the standard or low fluidity callebaut callets?

• Caren
    June 22, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Would gluten free flour and vegan white chocolate work in these?

June 22, 2020 at 9:20 pm

I have never tried the GF flour in these blondies yet, but I don’t see why not for either!

• Chloe Humphreys
    June 22, 2020 at 8:27 am

I can’t wait to make these! Do you think it would be OK to add the jammy dodgers half way through baking or definetely put them in from the start? I ‘m worried my oven will burn them :)X

June 22, 2020 at 9:07 am

I put them in at the beginning – if it burns your oven is too hot! x

• Naomi
      June 24, 2020 at 8:24 pm

I did your white chocolate and caramel blondes but they turned out like a sponge. I cant seem to get the hang of making blondes.

June 24, 2020 at 9:40 pm

That just means you have over baked them! Reduce your baking time and it should be fine!

• Matt
      June 28, 2020 at 2:56 pm

How would the baking time vary for a brownie pan with sections in?

June 28, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Yes it could do xx

• Maz
    June 21, 2020 at 10:47 am

These look delicious! Your recipes are literally the best! I wanted to ask can baking spread be used or does it have to be actual butter? Thank you xx

June 21, 2020 at 3:24 pm

Baking spread can definitely be used for blondies!

• Zoe Williams
    June 21, 2020 at 8:05 am

Fab recipe!
    *where to add vanilla essence though as lists in ingredients

June 21, 2020 at 3:25 pm

It’s optional – but you can add it in with the eggs.

• Natasha
    June 21, 2020 at 7:51 am

Do you use an electric hand whisk for your blondie mixture or just a normal one?
    Thankssss

• Fran
    June 20, 2020 at 8:38 pm

Is there a way to adapt this to include frozen raspberries in the batter?

June 21, 2020 at 3:28 pm

You can add some in, but I would reduce the jam – maybe 100g of each!

• Lindri Mander
    June 20, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Hi Jane just wondering how many large eggs should I use, I don’t have medium.

• Lyn
    June 20, 2020 at 6:24 pm

Hi Jane where do you buy your baking paper from?

June 21, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Just the supermarket – I swap between loads but usually its bacofoil!

• Roz
    June 20, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Can you freeze these?

June 21, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Yes! x

• Laurenne
      July 17, 2020 at 11:39 am

Made these yesterday without the Jammy dodgers to grasp the blondie making.. turned out amazing! Super moist and fudgey! Everyone loved them! Thank you for your amazing recipes! xx

• Alison
    June 20, 2020 at 10:01 am

Cannot wait to make these! They look delicious 😋

• Sienna
    June 20, 2020 at 8:25 am

Oh my gosh these are so CUTE! They look lush can’t wait to make them😍😋xx

• Laura
    June 20, 2020 at 8:07 am

Hi Jane, I can’t wait to make these. I’m new to blondies and need more practice with brownies! Can I ask what chocolate you use for both? I wanted to bulk buy and was going to go for callebaut callers, or would you recommend something else?
    Thanks so much.

June 20, 2020 at 8:37 am

Hey!! I use callebaut yes – I buy the 2.5kg bags of the white, milk and 70.5% dark! X