*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Easy Five Ingredient Nutella Rice Krispie Treats with a Nutella Rice Krispie Base, and a Nutella Chocolate Topping!
So a few weeks ago I decided to post my Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats as you had all been asking and asking for them, and they went down SO well! So many of you have been making them that I really can’t keep up! This meant… as usual… more flavours!
I love baking with loads of different flavours all of the time – just look at my cheesecakes, I have made over seventy of them now and I have no intention of stopping any time soon! They do all base around the same base recipe however, and that’s what makes it so easy.
The Biscoff recipe worked so well because it’s just butter, marshmallows, biscoff spread and the Rice Krispies for the base… so, why wouldn’t that work with any other spread?! Answer – it does, and it’s insanely amazing. Oh my gosh amazing.
I thought I would post another recipe for this even though they are really similar, because you guys wanted me to. I went for Nutella this time because people are loving it, but you can use supermarket own brand Nutella, you can use a homemade nut spread… etc! Nutella is just an easily recognisable name for the theme of the bake.
The Nutella comes through strong enough from the bake to make sure you get the Nutella theme, but not too much that you lose the texture and idea of the rice Krispie treat. However, this is why I put Nutella on the top of the bake as well… who doesn’t want more Nutella in their lives?!
Nutella has always been a hit on my blog with my Nutella cheesecake, my version of the three ingredient Nutella brownies, and so on… it just doesn’t stop! I love the Chocolatey nutty flavour so much it’s mad. However, if you can’t have nuts or don’t like them – simply swap the Nutella for a plain chocolate spread!
In the UK at least, we have Maltesers spread, Crunchie spread, M&M spread… etc! They would all work perfectly in place of the Nutella. You just need to make sure that when you are making the rice krispie base of the butter and marshmallows, to take it off the heat before you add the spread. If the spread gets too hot it can split!
You can swap the rice krispies to cocoa pops if you want something more chocolatey, or you can even swap to a different cereal altogether such as cornflakes, cheerios and so on! A no-bake treat is always so adaptable and I love it. Pretty sure adaptable is my new favourite word at this rate with the amount of times I write it on my recipes! Anyway…
The topping of these Nutella Rice Krispie treats is completely optional – but I love it. I love to swirl the chocolate and the Nutella together, but you can swap up the chocolate you use – or not use any at all. The chocolate does help make the top of this no-bake treat firmer, but its up to you!
The base recipe of the butter, marshmallows, Nutella and rice pops is enough to be a delicious and easy treat to make! It does get sticky, so a top tip is to slightly butter your hands or spatula to prevent it sticking when you are pushing the mix down.. but thats up to you! Have fun making these – enjoy! X
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats!
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 225 g Mini Marshmallows (I used white)
- 175 g Nutella
- 175 g Rice Krispies
- 200 g Nutella
- 200 g White Chocolate (or milk/dark)
- Line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper, and leave to the side.
- Add the butter and mini marshmallows to a large pan, and heat on a low-medium heat, stiring, untill smooth and melted!
- Once melted, take the pan off the heat and add in the nutella. Stir briefly until smooth!
- Pour the rice krispies into the pan, and stir to combine!
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the lined tin (top tip, buttering your hands slightly can prevent any sticking and makes it easy to press down!)
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl until smooth - I do this in short bursts in the microwave stiring well each time.
- In a separate bowl, melt the nutella slightly to make the swirling easier - this takes about 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Pour the two over the rice krispie base and swirl together with a cake skewer.
- Set in the fridge for two or more hours, and then slice and enjoy!
- You can use slightly salted butter it you want the mixture slightly less sweet!
- If your mixture splits, try adding in a small amount of milk to bring it back.
- You can use any spread in place of the Nutella if you would rather use something else!
- You can use cocoa pops in place of rice krispies if you want!
- The chocolate topping can be done with other chocolates if you fancy!
- Store at room temperature for up to five days!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.