Kinder Bueno Blondies!

Easy Kinder Bueno Blondies with a Nutella Swirl – filled with chunks of Kinder Chocolate, and Kinder Bueno!

Blondies have been one of those bakes recently that have just gone absolutely crazy. They are so popular, and I just cannot keep up with it! All you guys want is more!!

I am not complaining about that though – I am always happy to bake more blondies because I love them. They are the white version of brownies you could say – but utterly delicious.

When baking blondies, I don’t tend to use a white chocolate base – but not all brownies use dark chocolate, so I don’t think it’s that weird. There is definitely a 50/50 divide on whether they should use it – and I will be posting one with it in the future, but for now, these are perfect as they are.

I wanted to make them similar to my other blondie recipes such as my Biscoff Blondies, or my Bakewell Blondies as they are so popular! It’s a really easy base recipe and I use it all the time.

Melted butter and sugars – I use a mix of sugars, but you can use all white granulated sugar, or all light brown soft sugar. I mix these together for a couple of minutes, and then add in my eggs and vanilla (if I am using it!).

Then, I add in my plain flour and corn flour – the corn flour is not essential, but I love it for the texture. If you don’t want to use it, you can add in 25g more plain flour instead!

The batter is thinner than a regular cake mix, but not runny – just like a brownie mixture. It’s easy to fold through what you are adding – in this case, kinder bueno and kinder chocolate. Then, it’s easy to spread into the tin.

The good thing is, it’s also easy to swirl through the nutella! You can leave this bit out, or you can swap the nutella to kinder/white chocolate hazelnut spread! It’s up to you – I just love it with the soft gooeyness of the spread.

When baking, I use the middle shelf in my fan oven, but I know my oven circulates the temperature well as they are new and I have tested it! I find that if you aren’t sure, baking at a lower temperature for longer is better than too high, and over baking the blondies!

I bake my blondies until there is a slight wobble across the tin, and then leave them to cool in the tin fully. I then let my blondies ‘set’ in the fridge for a few hours – this is not essential, but just like brownies it helps create the fudgey texture.

If your blondies are like cake when you take them out, it simply means they have been over baked – try less time or a lower temperature next time. If they are too soft, it just means they needed longer! Baking is about experimenting.

I hope you love these blondies as much as I do!! Enjoy! X

Kinder Bueno Blondies!

Easy Kinder Bueno Blondies with a Nutella Swirl - filled with chunks of Kinder Chocolate, and Kinder Bueno!
4.74 from 15 votes
Category: Traybakes
Type: Blondies
Keyword: Kinder Bueno, Nutella
Cooling Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Servings: 16 Pieces

• 200 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
  • 125 g White Granulated Sugar
  • 125 g Light Brown Sugar
  • 3 medium Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 275 g Plain Flour
  • 1 tbsp Cornflour
  • 150-200 g Kinder Bueno (chopped)
  • 150-200 g Kinder Chocolate (chopped)
  • 125 g Nutella (melted)

• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper.
  • In a large bowl, add the melted butter and sugars and beat until smooth. I do this for about two minutes!
  • Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
  • Add in the flour and cornflour and beat till a thick blondie mixture is made - it really doesn't take long to create this mixture!
  • Add in most of the kinder chocolate, and kinder bueno, and fold through.
  • Pour the mixture into the tin, and spread. Dollop on the nutella and lightly swirl through the blondie mixture.
  • Add on the rest of the kinder chocolate/bueno pieces!
  • Bake the Blondies in the oven for 25-30+ minutes, or until there is a slight wobble in the middle. (See notes below)
  • Leave to cool in the tin, or on a wire rack.
  • As an optional extra, you can 'set' your blondies in the fridge for an hour or so to help with the texture! ENJOY!

• The bake time can vary - please make sure your oven is on the correct setting, and check from 22+minutes and onwards till they are baked! These took 25 minutes in my fan oven.
  • If they turn out cakey, they are over baked - that's all! Bake for a little less time next time.
  • One top tip is if they've been in for the 25-30 minutes, and you're still not sure, let them cool outside of the oven fully and then put them in the fridge for at least an hour to 'set'. It can firm them right up!
  • These will last in a cake tin for 4-5 days+, at room temperature.

Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Amber
    February 3, 2021 at 9:32 pm

Second time baking your blondies. I whisked and beated less, so as to not overmix the mixture. I used less jam /spreads so the inside would cook. anddddd they’re cooked fine this time!! Buttttt like cake again 🤦🏼‍♀️

February 3, 2021 at 9:54 pm

It just means they are over baked and need less time. All ovens are different so it may just mean yours runs hotter so needs less time x

• Ian Black
      February 8, 2021 at 10:38 am

I took have the same issue. In the video it looks like the mixture is quite runny when it goes in the tin. My miture is like a thick cake consistency before it is even baked. It feels like there is too much flour.

February 8, 2021 at 4:44 pm

The recipe in the video is the same recipe written, and made in the same way as described. It can depend on how you mix, what brands of ingredients etc! x

• Danielle Green
    January 30, 2021 at 7:55 pm

Hi Jayne I was wondering if you could give me some advice I have the same problem with all the blondies I make the outside goes cakey and the top browns too much but the inside is raw. I already have the oven lower than what you say because i know my oven is always hotter.

Love all your recipes but I can never get blondies right xx

• Shauna
    January 30, 2021 at 2:38 pm

I used my Pyrex Rectangular Roaster & Lid 1.1l last night to try this recipe as it’s the only thing I have that I could do it in but it didn’t cooked all the way through as it’s so deep! Any idea how I can change the recipe amount please?

• Lucy
    January 29, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Love this recipe! Just a quick question is there a reason why you use double the amount of flour in these blondies compared to the kinder bueno brownies? Not a dig, Im generously curious if there is a specific baking reason?

January 29, 2021 at 5:23 pm

Yes – the brownies and blondies are a completely different base recipe x

• Emily
    January 20, 2021 at 11:28 am

Hi, I made these the other day and unfortunately the middle was very soft, almost raw! But the outside was absolutely spot on to how I wanted them to be? Have you any advice or would you know why this happens? It’s happened with most of the blondies I’ve made too! xx

January 20, 2021 at 12:39 pm

It will have just needed a little longer!

• Chloe
    January 18, 2021 at 1:40 pm

Hello, just wondering if this recipie could be used for all kinds of chocolate such as munchies, plain choc chips, rolos etc. Would you recommend freezing the chocolate first if they are soft centred?

January 19, 2021 at 6:50 pm

Theoretically yes – soft centred sweets should always be frozen first x

• Chloe
    January 16, 2021 at 6:10 pm

Would this recipe work with other chocolates such as munchies, rolos or mars? And if so Would you freeze the chocolates first? Thank you x

January 19, 2021 at 6:50 pm

Theoretically yes – soft centred sweets should always be frozen first x

• Mel
    January 16, 2021 at 7:42 am

Eeek my batter is really thick … almost like cookie dough! Will be interesting to see how it turns out! Definitely not easy to swirl the Nutella through!

• Katrina
    January 11, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Hey jane
    How would I alter this recipe to use a
    14.8 cm x 11.8 cm tray?
    Love the recipe!

• Katrina
      January 12, 2021 at 1:37 pm

I mean an 18 x 11 cm tray x

January 13, 2021 at 12:36 pm

That is quite a small tray so you would need about half the recipe – I have not tested the recipe with those quantities before x

• Stevie
    January 9, 2021 at 12:38 am

Hi, how many large eggs would be needed instead of medium? Thanks

January 10, 2021 at 2:11 pm

I would use maybe 2 if they are heavier large eggs (towards 70g+) or still three if they are smaller large eggs.

• nuphar
    January 1, 2021 at 8:33 pm

looks AMAZING! can’t wait to try it!!
    quick question though..
    if i just want to make regular blondies, with no toppings (no kinder bueno), will they turn out good? or too boring?

January 3, 2021 at 12:05 pm

It depends if you still include chocolate chips etc, because without anything they would be just a bit like cake in my opinion x

• Lee
    December 14, 2020 at 6:58 pm

First time doing blondies today. OMG!!!! Why have I never done these before. Great recipe as always Jane. You are my go to for any new bake I try.

• Brona Scott
    December 12, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Beautiful recipe but my kinder burnt on the top.

December 12, 2020 at 5:05 pm

That might mean your oven is too hot unfortunately – next time just leave them off or lower it slightly.

• Eloise
    December 10, 2020 at 6:59 pm

I made these but it turned out more cakey than blondie, should I have done less than 30 mins? Still yummy though, just was expecting gooey texture. ✨💕

December 11, 2020 at 10:56 am

Yes that just means they over baked!

• Getta Hunter
    December 8, 2020 at 1:03 pm

This recipe was the first one I tired of Jane’s. We
    all loved them.

• Natalia Angelova
    December 8, 2020 at 1:14 am

I have probably tried over 10 recipes of yours this year and I can’t get enough of them. They are so explanatory, with such accessible ingredients that I can’t recommend you enough. This year I discovered that I’m not only a frontline worker but a fantastic baker thanks to you. I look forward to to any recipes you bring in the future!

• Shona
    December 7, 2020 at 11:24 pm

Made these today and they are delicious 🤤 so easy to make too!

• Erin
    December 7, 2020 at 11:16 pm

First time making blondes! These went down an absolute treat! Can’t wait to make these again

• Rachel
    December 7, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Love these! As did everyone who tried them!!!

• Samantha Pattinson - Gardner
    November 30, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Jane I loveddddd these….
    Cooked perfectly…. only problem, didn’t affect taste and my kids and hubby still loved, but once it cooled it sank in the middle and was just raised around the edges.

Anything you can suggest please?xx

December 1, 2020 at 10:30 am

It may just be that there was too much air in the mix, or it was over mixed! but honestly if it didn’t affect the taste I wouldn’t worry x

• Amy
    November 30, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Love these once I have frozen them how long do I defrost them for so they are ready to eat

December 1, 2020 at 10:35 am

You can either microwave them for a short while, or just leave at room temperature until they have thawed.

• Sharondeep Gill
    November 21, 2020 at 9:01 am

Hi could I use chocolate chips instead of the buenos?

• Bethan
    November 14, 2020 at 1:12 pm

Do you reckon I could bake these in a 8″ square tin and just increase the bake time slightly?

Thanks!

November 15, 2020 at 8:40 am

You can, but you do risk the middle being under baked as it’s deeper! xx

• Hannah Vaughan
    November 14, 2020 at 11:44 am

Hi,

Want to bake these whilst stuck inside, but as it’s just the two of us wouldn’t want them to go to waste. Can these be frozen down once baked? Thanks xx

November 14, 2020 at 11:54 am

Yes they can definitely be frozen!! x

• Rebecca
    October 29, 2020 at 9:13 pm

Do I need to freeze both the kinder pieces before I put them into the brownie or just put them straight out of the pack into the mix?

• April
    October 29, 2020 at 7:38 am

Finally a blondie recipe that worked for me!! I followed the instructions as is, left them to set and then popped them in the fridge. They turned out perfectly!!

One question for future reference can I use stork?

October 29, 2020 at 9:46 am

Yes you can!! And I am so glad you liked them! x

• Helen Thomas
    October 27, 2020 at 11:30 am

OMG these sound absolutely delish!! Im going out to buy some kinder choccies now lol

• Faiza Ahmed
    October 21, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.

Regarding the tin size it needs to be 9inch by 9inch . But can it be any 9 inch square tin ? Does the tin needs to be specific height etc ?

October 22, 2020 at 3:13 pm

I usually use tins that are at least 2.5″ deep personally!

• Sophie
    October 17, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Hi Jane. I just made these today and they look amazingly gooey in the middle but slightly too gooey I think (look like they’re going to call apart when I seperate the pieces.) I have already put toppings on so not sure if I could ‘re-bake without ruining the decoration but please can you let me know what I need to do to get them right? Thank you very much xx

October 18, 2020 at 8:41 pm

For now, you can just store them in the fridge for a while and they will firm up quite a bit. next time, it just needs a smidge more baking time xx

• Keely
    October 16, 2020 at 7:32 am

Would you be able to make this recipe with just kinder chocolate? And would you still be able to add the Nutella spread?
    Thank you!x

October 16, 2020 at 12:05 pm

Yes! I’d add 250g maximum – and yes you can! x

• Joanne
    October 16, 2020 at 7:04 am

Hello! These taste blumin amazing (as does everything you do). I need help though! I struggle with brownies and blondies as the outside goes quite dry/cakey but the inside is just that bit too gooey. I’ve got my correct size tin and now have my trusty oven thermometer. Sorry to bother you! Thank you if you do reply!

October 17, 2020 at 7:18 pm

It may be worth just lowering the temperature of your oven and baking for longer, so the outside doesn’t bake as quickly and it should make it more even!! x

• Grace
    October 14, 2020 at 11:40 pm

I love your blondie recipes they are so easy to follow! If I wanted to do one with Milky Way crispy rolls would I just follow as normal and replace the kinder with Milky Way? Would I also need to freeze the Milky Way please? Thank you

October 15, 2020 at 10:06 am

I don’t freeze the kinder bueno for these, but they would swap out well!

• Nic | Nic's Adventures & Bakes
    October 12, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Thanks for sharing, these look lovely 🙂

Nic

• Eva
    October 11, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Hello Jane! Made your Bueno cookie bars on Friday, how quirky/funny is it that you post that today xD and it is just on point, because even if the texture of the bueno cookie bars were heavenly, they had a deep bicarbonate of soda aftertaste that was kind of unpleasant. I can see this recipe doesn’t have any leaven agent (correct? if so, I guess it’s like brownies right?) so it must be the one recipe I need! Thank you very much, looking forward to hearing your feedback about leaven agent

October 11, 2020 at 9:01 pm

If it tastes like bicarb its probably too much put in (not measured correctly), or not mixed in well enough as it’s only a small amount! And yes, no raising agents as it’s a blondie!

• AL
    October 10, 2020 at 7:03 pm

Hi, how long would I cook these blondies if I were to use a 8×8 inch tin? And would the measurements remain the same? X

October 11, 2020 at 3:25 pm

It may be awkward in an 8″ tin because they are deeper (may cause the middle to not bake) but it’s also harder to reduce the recipe by such a small amount (1/5). You could make the full batch but then not put it all in the tin and make some cupcakes or similar with the batter instead? x

• Jess
    October 10, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Amazing!

• Katrina
    October 10, 2020 at 11:08 am

LOVE ths recipe already🥰 if I was to do galaxy caramel Blondies would I freeze the galaxy caramel pieces like you do with mars bars in brownies x

October 10, 2020 at 7:01 pm