Kinder Bueno Blondies!

Easy Kinder Bueno Blondies with a Nutella Swirl – filled with chunks of Kinder Chocolate, and Kinder Bueno!

Blondies have been one of those bakes recently that have just gone absolutely crazy. They are so popular, and I just cannot keep up with it! All you guys want is more!!

I am not complaining about that though – I am always happy to bake more blondies because I love them. They are the white version of brownies you could say – but utterly delicious.

When baking blondies, I don’t tend to use a white chocolate base – but not all brownies use dark chocolate, so I don’t think it’s that weird. There is definitely a 50/50 divide on whether they should use it – and I will be posting one with it in the future, but for now, these are perfect as they are.

I wanted to make them similar to my other blondie recipes such as my Biscoff Blondies, or my Bakewell Blondies as they are so popular! It’s a really easy base recipe and I use it all the time.

Melted butter and sugars – I use a mix of sugars, but you can use all white granulated sugar, or all light brown soft sugar. I mix these together for a couple of minutes, and then add in my eggs and vanilla (if I am using it!).

Then, I add in my plain flour and corn flour – the corn flour is not essential, but I love it for the texture. If you don’t want to use it, you can add in 25g more plain flour instead!

The batter is thinner than a regular cake mix, but not runny – just like a brownie mixture. It’s easy to fold through what you are adding – in this case, kinder bueno and kinder chocolate. Then, it’s easy to spread into the tin.

The good thing is, it’s also easy to swirl through the nutella! You can leave this bit out, or you can swap the nutella to kinder/white chocolate hazelnut spread! It’s up to you – I just love it with the soft gooeyness of the spread.

When baking, I use the middle shelf in my fan oven, but I know my oven circulates the temperature well as they are new and I have tested it! I find that if you aren’t sure, baking at a lower temperature for longer is better than too high, and over baking the blondies!

I bake my blondies until there is a slight wobble across the tin, and then leave them to cool in the tin fully. I then let my blondies ‘set’ in the fridge for a few hours – this is not essential, but just like brownies it helps create the fudgey texture.

If your blondies are like cake when you take them out, it simply means they have been over baked – try less time or a lower temperature next time. If they are too soft, it just means they needed longer! Baking is about experimenting.

I hope you love these blondies as much as I do!! Enjoy! X

Kinder Bueno Blondies!

Easy Kinder Bueno Blondies with a Nutella Swirl - filled with chunks of Kinder Chocolate, and Kinder Bueno!
5 from 3 votes
Category: Traybakes
Type: Blondies
Keyword: Kinder Bueno, Nutella
Cooling Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Servings: 16 Pieces

• 200 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
  • 125 g White Granulated Sugar
  • 125 g Light Brown Sugar
  • 3 medium Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 275 g Plain Flour
  • 1 tbsp Cornflour
  • 150-200 g Kinder Bueno (chopped)
  • 150-200 g Kinder Chocolate (chopped)
  • 125 g Nutella (melted)

• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper.
  • In a large bowl, add the melted butter and sugars and beat until smooth. I do this for about two minutes!
  • Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
  • Add in the flour and cornflour and beat till a thick blondie mixture is made - it really doesn't take long to create this mixture!
  • Add in most of the kinder chocolate, and kinder bueno, and fold through.
  • Pour the mixture into the tin, and spread. Dollop on the nutella and lightly swirl through the blondie mixture.
  • Add on the rest of the kinder chocolate/bueno pieces!
  • Bake the Blondies in the oven for 25-30+ minutes, or until there is a slight wobble in the middle. (See notes below)
  • Leave to cool in the tin, or on a wire rack.
  • As an optional extra, you can 'set' your blondies in the fridge for an hour or so to help with the texture! ENJOY!

• The bake time can vary - please make sure your oven is on the correct setting, and check from 22+minutes and onwards till they are baked! These took 25 minutes in my fan oven.
  • If they turn out cakey, they are over baked - that's all! Bake for a little less time next time.
  • One top tip is if they've been in for the 25-30 minutes, and you're still not sure, let them cool outside of the oven fully and then put them in the fridge for at least an hour to 'set'. It can firm them right up!
  • These will last in a cake tin for 4-5 days+, at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts
Sugar 30g33%
Protein 5g10%
Vitamin A 366IU7%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Calcium 44mg4%
Iron 1mg6%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Helen Thomas
    October 27, 2020 at 11:30 am

OMG these sound absolutely delish!! Im going out to buy some kinder choccies now lol

• Faiza Ahmed
    October 21, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.

Regarding the tin size it needs to be 9inch by 9inch . But can it be any 9 inch square tin ? Does the tin needs to be specific height etc ?

October 22, 2020 at 3:13 pm

I usually use tins that are at least 2.5″ deep personally!

• Sophie
    October 17, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Hi Jane. I just made these today and they look amazingly gooey in the middle but slightly too gooey I think (look like they’re going to call apart when I seperate the pieces.) I have already put toppings on so not sure if I could ‘re-bake without ruining the decoration but please can you let me know what I need to do to get them right? Thank you very much xx

October 18, 2020 at 8:41 pm

For now, you can just store them in the fridge for a while and they will firm up quite a bit. next time, it just needs a smidge more baking time xx

• Keely
    October 16, 2020 at 7:32 am

Would you be able to make this recipe with just kinder chocolate? And would you still be able to add the Nutella spread?
    Thank you!x

October 16, 2020 at 12:05 pm

Yes! I’d add 250g maximum – and yes you can! x

• Joanne
    October 16, 2020 at 7:04 am

Hello! These taste blumin amazing (as does everything you do). I need help though! I struggle with brownies and blondies as the outside goes quite dry/cakey but the inside is just that bit too gooey. I’ve got my correct size tin and now have my trusty oven thermometer. Sorry to bother you! Thank you if you do reply!

October 17, 2020 at 7:18 pm

It may be worth just lowering the temperature of your oven and baking for longer, so the outside doesn’t bake as quickly and it should make it more even!! x

• Grace
    October 14, 2020 at 11:40 pm

I love your blondie recipes they are so easy to follow! If I wanted to do one with Milky Way crispy rolls would I just follow as normal and replace the kinder with Milky Way? Would I also need to freeze the Milky Way please? Thank you

October 15, 2020 at 10:06 am

I don’t freeze the kinder bueno for these, but they would swap out well!

• Nic | Nic's Adventures & Bakes
    October 12, 2020 at 7:40 pm

Thanks for sharing, these look lovely 🙂

Nic

• Eva
    October 11, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Hello Jane! Made your Bueno cookie bars on Friday, how quirky/funny is it that you post that today xD and it is just on point, because even if the texture of the bueno cookie bars were heavenly, they had a deep bicarbonate of soda aftertaste that was kind of unpleasant. I can see this recipe doesn’t have any leaven agent (correct? if so, I guess it’s like brownies right?) so it must be the one recipe I need! Thank you very much, looking forward to hearing your feedback about leaven agent

October 11, 2020 at 9:01 pm

If it tastes like bicarb its probably too much put in (not measured correctly), or not mixed in well enough as it’s only a small amount! And yes, no raising agents as it’s a blondie!

• AL
    October 10, 2020 at 7:03 pm

Hi, how long would I cook these blondies if I were to use a 8×8 inch tin? And would the measurements remain the same? X

October 11, 2020 at 3:25 pm

It may be awkward in an 8″ tin because they are deeper (may cause the middle to not bake) but it’s also harder to reduce the recipe by such a small amount (1/5). You could make the full batch but then not put it all in the tin and make some cupcakes or similar with the batter instead? x

• Jess
    October 10, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Amazing!

• Katrina
    October 10, 2020 at 11:08 am

LOVE ths recipe already🥰 if I was to do galaxy caramel Blondies would I freeze the galaxy caramel pieces like you do with mars bars in brownies x

October 10, 2020 at 7:01 pm