*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Giant and Chunky Double Chocolate Mint Aero NYC Cookies!
Okay so I know I seem to only really talk about cookies these days… but I just can’t help it! I just can’t help wanting to bake more and more flavours of cookies as every day goes on as they are my favourite thing ever. Genuinely… I think I like cookies more than cheesecakes these days.
I have done many a different flavour now such as my classic NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies, my Triple Chocolate NYC Cookies, and even recently my Bakewell NYC Cookies but I just wanted something delicious and minty… hello Mint Aero NYC Cookies!
I obviously love most flavours and that 100% includes mint chocolate. Mint Aero is probably one of my favourites with my Mint Aero Cheesecake and Mint Aero Brownies… but I thought cookies was worth a go!
As you can see… they were a success. Oh my actual goodness LOOK AT THESE COOKIES! They are irresistible. They are fudgey, chunky, gooey, delicious and absolutely packed full of flavour.
I wanted a chocolate base for the cookie as I feel like I don’t do enough of them, but you can make them plain if you wish! For plain cookies you can do 300g if plain flour total, and remove the cocoa powder!
For these cookies I don’t use the cornflour because of the cocoa powder, but you can try substituting 25g of the plain flour for cornflour if you wanted! If you want to substitute plain flour for self raising flour you still need to use the bicarbonate of soda, but you remove the baking powder.
I used the mint aero bubbles for these as its what I usually buy, but the bars of mint aero will work as well! Fun fact though, because the baking time of the cookies is quite short, I don’t freeze the mint aero before I use it! You can if you want however, if you are worried!
As the same with all of these NYC Cookies, they are designed to be giant and huge.. thats the point. If you make smaller ones, they are not NYC Style any more! However, they still work as smaller cookies! You can make half size cookies and bake for 8-9 minutes instead, but as they are smaller they naturally won’t be as gooey!
These cookies are adaptable are also adaptable in flavours – I use milk chocolate chips, but you can switch to dark chocolate or white chocolate. I use chips, but you can use chopped bars of chocolate! You can also switch up the ‘mint chocolate’ flavour for something else, or use a different minty chocolate! Enjoy!
Mint Aero NYC Cookies!
- 125 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 100 g Light Brown Sugar
- 75 g White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large/Medium Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 35 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 100 g Milk Chocolate Chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 200 g Mint Aero Bubbles
- Add the unsalted butter or baking spread to a bowl, and add the two sugars. Beat together until creamy (I use my stand mixer).
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Add in the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and beat together until a cookie dough is formed!
- Add in the chocolate chips and mint aero bubbles and beat until distributed well!
- Weigh the cookies out into eight cookie dough balls - they're about 115-120g each!
- Once they are rolled into balls, put the cookie dough in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge for an hour or so to chill.
- Whilst the cookie dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 180C Fan, or 200C regular! If your oven runs hot, go for 160C-170c.
- Take the cookies out of the freezer/fridge and put onto a lined baking tray. I put four cookies per tray!
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 11-12 minutes. I don't personally flatten the cookies, as they flatten enough during baking - however, if you like flat cookies, flatten them a bit before baking.
- Once baked, leave them to cool on the tray for at least 30 minutes, as they will continue to bake whilst cooling - trust in this step!
- Once cooled, ENJOY!
- These are best eaten on the day of baking, but can be revived by microwaving for 15-30 seconds, or putting into a hot oven for 2-3 minutes!
- You can freeze the raw cookie dough easily, and bake from frozen if you don't want to bake the entire batch!
- If you are baking straight from frozen after some time, I usually bake for 12-14 minutes!
- Once baked, these will last for 4-5+ days!
- I use this milk chocolate in my baking!
- If you prefer your cookies flatter, you can squish them down slightly before baking but I don't do this personally!
- If you can't access one of the sugars, use all of the other one - i.e. all granulated, or all light brown sugar. Using other sugars can change the texture.
- You can make them smaller by splitting the mixture into 12, and bake for 9-10 minutes!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe