Rosewater & Pistachio Cupcakes!

Pretty in Pink & Green cupcakes with a lovely hint of Rosewater & Pistachio!

IMG_2655_1

Pistachio is definitely a favourite of mine, as you might already be able to tell from the other recipes on my blog… I have however always loved combining pistachio with other flavours – and the fact that I hadn’t posted my recipe for these beauties already shocked me! (I was asked to bake some for a birthday, so this seemed the perfect opportunity!)

I loooove to make my cupcakes as simply and easily as possible, yet make them look as good as I can! Sometimes I admit that I am rushed, so they look a tad meh, but the taste is always there! These cupcakes are gorgeous in my opinion as the colours area match made in heaven – the delicate colour of the buttercream mixed with the chopped decorations provide a pretty contrast – definitely worth the minimal effort!

Rosewater is a wonderful flavour – very floral unsurprisingly, but a delicate flavour when used correctly, and when used with pistachio its a marriage made in heaven! The cupcakes become delicate little treats – perfect for any occasion!

The flavouring of Rosewater however can be quite intimidating to those who haven’t tried it, but trust me, if you use it in moderation (a little goes a long way!) then you should utterly love it – I certainly do and I love my classic flavours!

This recipes makes 12 cupcakes!

Cupcakes

– 450g Icing Sugar
– 1-3tbsp Whole Milk
– Pink Food Colouring
– 3-5drops Rosewater
– Chopped Pistachios
– Freeze Dried Raspberries

1) To bake the Cupcakes – Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 12-hole muffin tray with cases!

2) Cream together the Butter and Caster Sugar until light and fluffy, add the Self -Raising Flour, Eggs, Baking Powder, & Rosewater and beat again until combined well. Fold in the Pistachios and spoon into the cases.

3) Bake the Cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes (mine usually take 18 minutes in my oven!) and then leave to cool on a wire rack.

4) To decorate the Cupcakes – Beat the Butter in a stand mixer until smooth, this will take a couple of minutes. Add the icing sugar gradually whilst continuously mixing (I add mine 100g/150g a time) and beat it with the milk till you get the texture you want. I beat my Buttercream for 4-5 minutes to make it very smooth and light!

5) Add enough food colouring and the rosewater to get the colour you want and continue to beat!

6) Decorate the Cupcakes how you like – I used my Open Star Tip! And then sprinkle on anything you like, I used some chopped pistachios and freeze dried raspberries!

These cupcakes will last in an airtight container for 2-3 days and can also be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days! 🙂

I find that Rosewater is quite a strong taste so you really don’t need much at all to make it flavoursome and tasty so be careful to not go crazy!

Enjoy!!

P.S. how cute are these cupcake cases!!

You can find my other Cupcake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Zahra December 30, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Hey Jane. I would just like to say that i LOVE LOVE your blog and the bakes you create. They are of amazing combinations and packed with delicious flavour. Thank you. You inspire me to bake even more and experiment with different flavours and different bakes.

I was just wondering, do you have a brand name for the nozzles you use and where did you purchase them from? Also did you use salted/unsalted/baking butter for the buttercream in this recipe, and where do you normally purchase your unsalted butter from because i live in the UK too and i tend to use the one from Aldi or Farmfoods.

Thanks Again x

• Reply Jane's Patisserie December 30, 2016 at 8:20 pm

I’m afraid I have no idea where they’re from now as I got them so long ago but I’m on the search for the most similar ones I can find anyway which I will be posting about soon!
      And I use Unsalted! And I just use any own brand from any supermarket! ☺ xx

• Reply Natalie January 17, 2017 at 7:47 am

Your rosewater cakes didn’t work and I followed the recipe perfectly.
      1 cup of self raising flour doesn’t seem enough for 3 eggs
      Mine turned out very eggy and didn’t cook properly.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie January 17, 2017 at 7:56 am

I’m afraid if it didn’t work, you didn’t follow the recipe. My recipe says 150g of flour, not ‘1 cup’ so your measuring isn’t correct clearly. My recipe is a standard cupcake mix which works every time.

• Reply aisha hill December 26, 2016 at 4:35 am

I just made these and they taste sensational! Im not a fan of sweet buttercream so i did do my own icing: butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and rosewater and they taste so delicious. Thank u for the recipe! Can’t wait to try out more of your fab looking sweets

• Reply ST October 16, 2016 at 11:53 pm

I made these cup cakes following the recipe and they turned out great! We found the frosting on the sweeter side but I think that’s just us. Friends found it perfect. If I reduce the quantity of sugar in frosting will it be less stiff when piping? It’s my first time frosting because I never seem to get it right, I just avoid them but this recipe is too fabulous with frosting to be ignored. Please let me know your thoughts.

• Reply Jane's Patisserie October 17, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Yeah I’m afraid it’ll make the frosting a bit loose, you need the sugar to make it the right texture and such!

• Reply Lynz Real Cooking July 28, 2015 at 6:14 am

Beautiful, love the rose water! Look delicious

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 28, 2015 at 1:40 pm

It’s such a nice flavour isn’t it! 🙂 and thank you!

• Reply Lynz Real Cooking July 28, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Yes it really is, it is used allot in the Middle East so I am quite familiar with it! I had never seen it used in cupcakes and they look lovely!

• Reply Lauren at Knead to Dough July 27, 2015 at 12:11 pm

These are stunning! Rosewater has always been a flavour I’m cautious with in the kitchen but not now I can make this recipe – thank you 🙂

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 27, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Same here, I made these once with the amount recommended on a different recipe and it was wayway too much 😛 haha I like it to be a small amount! 🙂

• Reply cakestan July 27, 2015 at 3:58 am

YUMMM

• Reply This Cake is Desi July 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm

These look beautiful

• Reply LyneRobi July 26, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Those cupcake are perfect, I love them! Great job. I love rose water and will be trying to incorporate some to my next batch of cupcakes, thanks for the inspiration 🙂 Great post.

• Reply Fashionable Librarian July 25, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Reblogged this on Concierge Librarian.

• Reply mollyrogerscooks July 25, 2015 at 6:13 pm

These look so good! I read down through the comments – you use tide water essence? Or is it from the bottle of rose water I can buy in my local Asian store? The very smell of rose water brings me straight back to Kuwait, where I lived a very happy 5 years. Cardamon does the same for me. I used pistachios in a Mille feuille recipe on my blog – I’d love you to have a look – now thinking rose water was what was missing from it! https://mollyrogerscooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/mixed-berry-filo-millefeuille/

• Reply mollyrogerscooks July 25, 2015 at 6:14 pm

(*rose water not tide water!)

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 25, 2015 at 6:28 pm

Yes I buy it in my supermarket in the UK so I guess if it says Rosewater on the bottle it’ll be the same as mine? ☺️ I love the smell of it! So nice!

• Reply annalenashearthbeat July 25, 2015 at 3:33 pm

These are soooo gorgeous! I have to try them, where did you get the rosewater?:)

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 25, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Im in the UK so I buy them from supermarkets – they’d be with the vanilla flavouring for example in little bottles? 🙂 But elsewhere Im not sure – all the bottles come in different shapes and sizes!

• Reply Pistachios July 25, 2015 at 7:48 am

Now I have another way to use my left-over rosewater! Just gotta get some pistachios to go with it (You’d think I’d have a stash somewhere, but apparently not…)

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 25, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Hahah I’m shocked that you don’t! Hehe enjoy them! 🙂

• Reply Julie Perrott July 25, 2015 at 6:23 am

Yummy! They look fantastic!

• Reply sara00aa July 24, 2015 at 4:47 pm

love the combo of rose water and pistachio <3

• Reply Tanushree Ghosh July 24, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Wow! That is perfection. It looks wonderful and thanks a lot for the interesting recipe.. I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Please do check it out at https://tanushreeghoshdelicacies.wordpress.com/2015/07/24/sunshine-award-i-feel-bright-d/
    Take care and keep posting:)

• Reply whiskandmuddler July 24, 2015 at 2:32 pm

How pretty! Great flavor combination as well .

• Reply Marisa's Italian Kitchen July 24, 2015 at 1:49 pm

I simply adore pistachio, what a lovely combination with the addition of rosewater. Yummy😊

• Reply Jane's Patisserie July 24, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Pistachio is lovely isnt it!! 🙂 And its a gorgeous combination, thank you!

• Reply Rae July 24, 2015 at 12:12 pm

What a beautiful recipe! Stunning photography too Jane! Love it!

• Reply Puellanina July 24, 2015 at 11:27 am

Gorgeous!!! 🙂

• Reply Amber July 24, 2015 at 11:06 am

They look so yummy and I love the wrappers!

• Reply robbylicious July 24, 2015 at 10:45 am

Thx for that wonderful recipe. Love your beatutiful pictures.
    Greetings