*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Oh. My. I have always thought that toasting marshmallows over a fire is a wonderful and cute thing to do, whether its with friends, family, or your other half. S’mores, make that even better with a delicious mix of wafer/biscuit with chocolate and marshmallow – I don’t mean to insult you if you know what s’mores are, but I’m sure some are yet to discover this almighty treat!
I had the idea to create this all in a baked and cakey treat to enjoy it even more, and also when there are no open flames available… This recipe is so easy and gooey and perfect that it doesn’t even need any decoration, but if you wanted to add even more chocolate for example, simply melt some and drizzle over the top! You can do anything you like! I realise they are just a take on s’mores but I like them! The oven will toast the marshmallows on top perfectly so you don’t even need a blowtorch!
This recipe makes 15 cupcakes!
– 120g butter/margarine
– 120g caster sugar
– 2 eggs
– 75g self raising flour
– 25g cocoa powder
– 100g white chocolate chips
– 50g mini marshmallows
1) Heat your oven to 180C/350F and line two cupcake trays with cases
2) Beat the butter/margerine with the caster sugar until fluffy
3) Combine the eggs, flour, cocoa powder, 75g chocolate chips, 40g mini marshmallows with the butter/sugar mix until well combined.
4) If the mixture is too stiff you can add a little bit of milk at a time to get a smooth light consistency.
5) Spoon the mixture into the cases, and sprinkle on the rest of the chocolate chips and marshmallows on to the top of the cupcakes.
6) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes – leave too cool slightly on a wire rack so you don’t burn yourself and enjoy! This are best served warm (in my opinion)!
Tips and Ideas
I love themed cakes and everything marshmallowy as I find it SCRUMPTIOUS but toasted marshmallows are even better!
I like to mix my cupcake batter in two stages, creaming the butter and sugar together and then mixing everything else in at once, personally I find it works for me best but you can break it down more if you liked.
P.s. They’re so light, fluffy, and gooey all at once! So yummy!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.