*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Pesto, Cheese & Tomato Puff Pastry Tart – Incredibly Easy Go-to Dinner Idea for Families!
I will start off by saying that this recipe is SO delicious, and incredibly easy therefore how can it not be ideal for a quick dinner or lunch?
Its basically a Puff Pastry version of a Pizza which is always good in my books. As much as I love and adore homemade Pizza with fresh dough, this makes it so much easier if you don’t have time to sort out dough, or you don’t want a shop bought pizza! When making this I nearly always use Pre-Made Puff Pastry as it isn’t worth making your own (unless of course you want too, then go ahead!) as its such a quick dish!
I love cooking quick and savoury dishes for my family, especially on a sunny afternoon when I don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen for too long! The fresh tomatoes give the dish the perfect amount of moisture. I love to serve this Tart with a fresh Salad, and with a light homemade dressing – perfect light dinner!
This serves 4-6!
– 1x Pack Puff-Pastry (ready-rolled is easier!)
– 2tbsp Tomato Puree
– 2-3tbsp Green Pesto
– 150g Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese
– 25g Parmesan Cheese
– 150g Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
– 3 handfuls of Basil Leaves
– 1 handful of Pine Nuts
– 1 Handful of Grated Parmesan Cheese
– Olive Oil
1) Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan and Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Unroll the pastry sheet onto the baking tray and lie it down flat – Leaving an inch gap around the edge, spread the Tomato Puree onto the pastry sheet as evenly as possible.
3) If you’re making your own pesto, simple blitz the basil, pine nuts, cheese in a food processor until fine. Pour in a few tablespoons of oil to get the consistency you want, I keep mine quite stiff! And Flavour with Salt & Pepper as you please
4) Dollop on the Pesto, and sprinkle over the Grated Cheeses – Add the halved Cherry Tomatoes and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and Golden.
Tips and Ideas
You can easily leave out the Tomato Puree, but I loved the added Tomato flavour! You can also use other vegetables or your favourite things for example – I add in Olives for my family as they love them, but personally I don’t!
This is best served fresh and straight out of the oven, but will keep covered in the fridge over night!
P.s. Puff Pastry Pizza? Best idea ever.
Find my other Savoury Recipes on my Recipes Page!