June 23, 2015
No-Churn Brownie Ice Cream!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Creamy and scrumptious no-churn brownie ice cream swirled with chocolate sauce and brownie bits!
I have posted a few ice-cream recipes in my time on here but I realised I hadn’t really ever done my favourite one – this one. Its like an ice-cream sundae in a bowl, and its SO yummy.
No-Churn Ice Cream
I love a good bog-standard vanilla ice-cream as much as the next person, and the base of this ice-cream is exactly that, but its only made out of 3 ingredients! Condensed milk, double cream, and vanilla makes the creamiest and easiest ice-cream however I fold in some chocolate brownie and hellloooooo heaven on a spoon.
I do love no-churn recipes as much as no-bake recipes because it makes it less faffy, and they’re basically foolproof as long as you mix it enough! I follow the same rules with my *many* cheesecake recipes in the sense that you have to whip the mixture LOADS so that it’s so super thick it holds itself and you’re on to a winner.
Brownie & ice-cream is a WINNING dessert – and this is it all in one! I do however add even more chocolate too it so its pretty, and deliciously yummy. I love chocolate additions to ice cream whatever the weather as chocolate wins over everything (obviously)!
You can tell this from my blog with recipes such as my crunchie ice cream, mint chocolate ice cream and of course my bueno ice cream – AMAZING!
You can buy shop brought brownies for this recipe but homemade brownies would suit this dessert perfectly! My triple chocolate brownies are perfect for this recipe however you can also use my raspberry brownies for a bit of a fruit ice for your ice cream. Fold them through, add extra on top – I need to stop talking about brownies before I turn into one!
Tips & Tricks
As this is a no churn recipe, you don’t need an ice cream maker… obviously. However, if you have one, you can still use it! You just need to whisk the ice cream ingredients in a bowl, add to the ice cream maker and click go. Then, swirl into a container with the brownie and sauce after it’s frozen instead.
No-Churn Brownie Ice Cream!
- 397 g condensed milk (one tin)
- 600 ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate ice cream sauce
- Brownies (approx 300gs)
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the condensed milk, double cream,and vanilla until super thick and it holds itself - this can take 5 minutes or more!
- Chop up the brownie's into very small pieces - 0/5-1cm sized pieces. You can bake your own brownies, or buy shop-bought ones
- Spoon some of the mixture into the tin/freezer proof container - enough to cover the bottom and swirl through some of the chocolate sauce and brownies
- Repeat the process until the tin is full, and all the ice-cream has been used! This will make a swirly effect all the way through the ice-cream making it nice and chocolatey!
- Cover with cling film or a lid and freeze for 7-8 hours or preferably overnight!
- When serving, take the ice-cream out about 10 minutes before you want it so that its easier to scoop!
- You could swap up the flavours of the sauce you use if you like - I often use toffee as it goes VERY well with the brownie, or even strawberry sauce! I don't use fresh melted chocolate as that will obviously freeze, whereas ice-cream sauce is the perfect one!
- This will last in the freezer for 1 month, if it lasts that long!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
I couldn’t see where it says to add the brownies? I assume along with the chocolate sauce in each layer?
Making it now so that’s what I’m going to try 😂 I read it through twice so apologies if it does say it somewhere!
It looks like you add the brownies when you swirl the sauce into the ice cream xx
This looks delicious! I would love to try something like this!
Thank you!! And please do! 🙂
Love no-churn ice cream because I don’t have an ice cream maker! Definitely have to try it out sometime, the brownie swirl is an awesome idea!
Thank you! And I agree, so good!!
This looks absolutely delish. YES!
Thank you, Caitlin!! 🙂
Wow!! So creamy and delicious! 🙂
Thanks, Linda! 🙂
No-churn is ALL I wanna hear an ice cream to be! <3
Hahaha it’s so good! 🙂
Definitely liking the sound of this recipe! I’ve wanted to have a go at making ice-cream for so long, but didn’t want to buy a churner/machine for it. Now I definitely don’t need one!
Noo they’re a hassle! They’re good if you like making proper icecream but this no-churn icecream is so so good!! 🙂 and thanks!
Yep, I think I’ll save myself the money. I don’t think I’m discerning enough to tell the difference between a “proper” ice-cream and a no-churn one, anyway 😉
Hahah good for you! “Proper” ones involves eggs and time so I aaaalways go no-churn! ?
if you are a biscoff fan, i can’t rememberif you are, add half a jar of crunchy biscoff and if you want more texture some crushed (but not finely ground) biscoff biscuits.
I have a biscoff icecream recipe too haha ☺️ soo good!