Delicious, Sweet & Creamy No-Churn Honey and Caramel with oodles of Crunchies.. Mmmm, No Churn Crunchie Ice Cream!

SO yeah, Crunchie obsession continues… It might be raining now, but it was very sunny when I made this! Like, so sunny I felt like I was melting whilst baking, so the Ice Cream had to happen. I have a good few Ice Cream recipes on my blog, but they’re never the most popular posts as they are Ice Cream after all, and as you can buy it so easily these days whats the point in making it? Well I disagree.. whether its churned, or No-Churn like this one, homemade Ice Cream is the bees knees.

I decided to make a Crunchie version as I seriously had bought so many Crunchies over the past few weeks, even after making my Honeycomb Crunchie Cupcakes and Honeycomb Crunchie Fudge I still had no joke about 15 of the bars in my cupboard! I did snack on a few I won’t lie, but the right amount made it into the recipe! (It was a close call though…)

I based this recipe on my No-Churn Salted Caramel Ice-Cream as that also had a base of the Carnations Caramel rather than Condensed Milk like my others. However, with the addition of Honey and without the salt it made it taste slightly more honeycomb, and of course the Crunchies in every bite was damn delicious. I use a whole 600ml in my No-Churn Ice Creams as I find its the perfect amount so make it creamy, delicious, and still get enough Ice Cream to share at the end. Even I would struggle to finish this whole batch to myself!

One thing I will admit though is that it is SO VERY DIFFICULT to not just use this as a sauce on desserts, or like a cake filling, or just eat it out of the bowl without it even making it to the freezer as the whipped up version is a creamy, heavenly sweet treat that takes licking the bowl to a whole new level. I purposely leave back a few tablespoons of the mixture to just eat as its so yummy, and yes I realise this is unhealthy but who cares, its totally worth it.

This makes 2L of Ice-cream!

– 600ml Double Cream
– 1x 397g tin Carnations Caramel (or Dulce de Leche!)
– 100g Clear Honey
– 200g Crunchies, Chopped (Plus extra!)

1) In a Stand Mixer with the whisk attachment (or a large bowl with a hand-held whisk) Whisk together the tin Double Cream, Caramel and Honey on a medium-high speed until smooth – can take a couple of minutes but its worth it!

2) Continue to whisk the mixture until its very thick and holds itself – fold through the chopped up Crunchie Bars. Pour into a freezer proof container or a 2lb Loaf Tin like in the pictures!

3) Add any extra Crunchie Pieces you have to the top, cover with a lid or some cling film and freeze for at least 5-6 hours, or over night!

4) To serve – remove from the freezer about 30 Minutes before you want to serve it – as its homemade and doesn’t have any nasty preservatives like most shop bought Ice Creams that are immediately scoop-able they’re a bit hard straight out the freezer! Serve how you like and ENJOY!!

I use Cadbury’s Crunchie Bars as they’re my favourite and they are so readily available in England so they’re always in my cupboard. You can use any type of Honeycomb bar that you like, but chocolate covered honeycomb is best because then you get the bits of Chocolate too!

The Honey in the Ice-Cream is optional, it will work easily without it, but I adore the hint of the flavour along with the caramel and Crunchies – makes it even more Honeycomby!

This will last in the freezer for 1 month!

Find my other Crunchie & Ice Cream Recipes on my Recipes Page!

1. Davina on July 24, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Hi Jane, I tried to make this today but for some reason the cream separated from the caramel and I couldn’t get it thick enough……it was a curdled watery mess if I’m honest!!!!! What am I doing wrong???

2. Jenni on July 22, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Hi Jane can it be made with maple syrup instead of honey?

3. Jess on July 22, 2021 at 9:15 pm

Hope you can help me! I’m making the ice cream, following the instructions completely but the mixture isn’t thickening & holding itself like you said and now I’ve curdled it 🙁 not sure what I’ve done wrong. Last time I made a non-churn ice cream, it did the same thing.
    I’ve just made your mint choc one too and the mixture just didn’t seem that thick but didn’t want to over whisk again. Ive put it in the freezer but seems rather runny and all the choc has sunk. I’m using bowl and hand whisk. Many thanks xx

• Jane's Patisserie on July 25, 2021 at 9:17 am

It may be the hand whisk – it’s worth whipping the cream separately and folding everything together and see if that helps you instead! x

4. Frankie on July 22, 2021 at 9:16 am

If I don’t have a whisk can I whisk by hand? I only have a small electric one but that wouldn’t even do the job for this…
    Desperate to make it in this heat though!

• Jane's Patisserie on July 22, 2021 at 11:12 am

A small electric one would work! Or just by hand x

5. […] Adapted from Jane’s Patisserie […]

6. Judles on June 20, 2020 at 1:36 am

Hi Jane, I couldn’t get any caramel and don’t think I have enough ingredients to make a homemade caramel either but really wanted to make the crunchie ice cream, so could I use the condensed milk like in some of your other ice cream recipes?

• Jane's Patisserie on June 20, 2020 at 8:39 am

Hey! You can make the caramel using the condensed milk can (notes on my Rolo Ice Cream) – you can just use it straight in this but the flavour will be different!x

7. Hannah on June 13, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Hi Jane, I’m struggling to find Carnation’s Caramel at the moment but I’m desperate to try this! Is there anything I could replace this with? Could I make my own caramel? X

• Jane's Patisserie on June 13, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Yes you can make your own! Read my notes on my new Rolo Ice Cream recipe on how to make your own!

8. Mia on June 8, 2020 at 2:05 pm

Does double cream work better than whipping cream? Thanks

• Jane's Patisserie on June 8, 2020 at 7:26 pm

I personally think so yes, as the fat content is higher! x

9. Andy on April 12, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Just stumbled across the recipe and it’s now in the freezer. If licking the bowl is anything to go by this ice cream will taste amazing. The beauty is that it’s so simple to make too. Thank you Jane.

10. Maz on July 26, 2019 at 2:31 pm

I stumbled upon your instageam page and since the l have tried a few of your recipes which are amazing
    I absolutely love this ice cream recipe it comes out so smooth and creamy very easy to make..my guests are in for a treat..thank you .xx

• Jane's Patisserie on July 26, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Thank you so much!! And I’m so glad you like it!

11. Linda Cassidy on June 5, 2019 at 8:00 pm

Love all recipes so easy to make will have to try this ice cream

12. Amy on May 6, 2018 at 12:45 pm

I made this ice cream yesterday to eat in the sun today and OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING! Absolutely delicious and so easy to make! Thanks Jane! 😍 x

• Jane's Patisserie on May 6, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Ahh thats amazing! I’m so glad you liked it!! x

13. Bea on October 15, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Without hesitation I’m making the honeycomb and the ice cream TODAY!! Woohóoo!! Thanks Jane you’re the ice cream whisperer.

14. Natasha on June 21, 2016 at 9:45 am