January 4, 2016
Mint Oreo Brownies!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Chocolatey, Fudgey, Minty Oreo Brownies – the perfect delicious and easy bake that everyone will love!
These brownies are truly irresistible and utterly delicious – seriously – this is my go to recipe for brownies, I have never found one more successful than this one, and that’s saying something! They are full of chocolate, gooey, and minty Oreoey goodness – but I always think Oreos are a winner in general anyway, especially on social media, you guys love them!
I based this recipe around my go-to recipe for brownies which I have posted a few variations of – including my Kinder Bueno Brownies, Millionaires Brownies, Honeycomb Crunchie Brownies, and my Chocolate Orange Brownies.
This time, only using one type of chocolate I simply HAD to use the delicious mint Oreos that I found recently – to not use them in a recipe would be ridiculous. They are seriously SO DELICIOUS.
I always believe that brownies are an all round winner even if you don’t like chocolate THAT much – you could make any variation you like! Or even try one of my Blondie recipes!
You could have them in a tin lying around the house, or use them for a delicious afternoon treat, or even freeze them so you can have one whenever you please – seriously one of the best treats around.
When cooking a dinner for my family and I am short for time, I often use brownies as my dessert with a dollop of homemade Ice-Cream or some Mascarpone Cream – SO YUMMY!
I found these Mint Oreo’s in my local supermarket it and oh wow it was so worth it. The marriage of the soft and gooey brownies, with the Milk chocolate Chips and the Mint Oreos is simply splendid.
I had many many taste testers this Festive Season when I went to see some of my Boyfriends family – and I can honestly tell you that 16 people approved highly of them! Let me know how you get on if you bake them!
Mint Oreo Brownies
- 195 g unsalted butter
- 195 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 4 medium eggs
- 275 g caster sugar
- 90 g plain flour
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 150 g milk chocolate chips
- 300 g mint Oreos (quartered)
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan and line a 9″ square baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt together the unsalted butter and chopped dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, or in the microwave in short bursts until melted.
- Leave to the side to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the eggs & caster sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount. You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
- When whisked, pour the cooled dark chocolate and unsalted butter mix over eggs and fold together carefully. It might take some time, but be patient – you don’t want to knock out the air you made up on the previous step!
- Once completely combined, sift in the cocoa powder and plain flour, and peppermint extract.
- Fold together again carefully – still be wary to not knock out the air!
- Once combined well, fold through the milk chocolate chips and 90% of the chopped Oreos.
- Pour evenly into the prepared tin, and sprinkle over the rest of the chopped Oreos.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes!
- Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge. Enjoy!
- I found a 450g pack of mint Oreos in Tesco recently, but if you can't find them anywhere then obviously normal Oreos will do nicely!
- Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
- These will last in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- I used this 9″ square masterclass tin
- I used this Dark Chocolate
- I used this Milk Chocolate
- I used this cocoa powder
- I use this baking parchment
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.
If someone was to have not read the instructions very carefully and had used an 8×8 pan, how much longer should they bake the brownies for, please?! Thank you!
Hi Jane can you leave out the peppermint if you want to use original Oreo’s? Xx
Yes absolutely, this should be fine! Enjoy! x
Hi could I use an 8×8 square tin for this recipe? If so would baking times be relatively similar? Thank you
For best results you need to use the tin provided as the baking times can be quite different due to the depth change! x
Hi Jane, could you use mint aeros instead of the oreos? x
I made this and it came you lovely! Only thing was the Oreos in the batter evaporated- do you know why this would happen?
I don’t know how that happened unless they were really small!
First of all I just want to say thank you, because you’re blog has reignited my passion for baking from the past year ago.
I have baked these brownies & the biscoff brownies, and what I noticed was, both the biscuits that i added to the batter had evaporated. When I cut through the brownies once cooled down you couldn’t see any biscuits. Although they tasted amazing there wasn’t much of the biscuit flavour, if you know what I mean?
I followed the recipe to a tee, and I also have an oven thermometer so I know I cooked them at the right temperature.
Do you know why this happened or what I might have done something wrong? Or any suggestions, because I would love to make them again x
I have made these and oh my they are so delicious. I am just wondering if these can be frozen xx
Yes they can be frozen!
Hi Jane, LOVE your recipes! I couldn’t find the mint essence anywhere in the shops. Will it matter if I leave this out? Thanks in advance x
Yeah it’ll be fine without – just slightly less minty!! x
Hi, love your recipes. Do you ever double the quantity, if so which tin is best to use for the brownies. Thanks!
Hey! For double, I would personally bake into two 9″ tins. You can use a 9×13″ tin for 1.5x the recipe – but I just think too big a tin would mean a raw middle and over baked outsides! x
How many eggs would you use to make half a batch please?
[…] cane sprinkles, other sprinkles, and some mint extract in the brownies themselves. I’ve got Mint Oreo Brownies and Mint Aero Brownies already on my blog, but as they are green minty colour themed, I felt […]