*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Chocolatey, Fudgey, Minty Oreo Brownies – the perfect delicious and easy bake that everyone will love!
Its the new year, you’ve all made those resolutions to eat better, be healthier.. maybe even go to the gym? Well these Brownies are truly irresistible and utterly delicious – have I caught your attention now? I know that I personally will never stick to a ‘be healthy and exercise’ diet as I love food too much, and I am lazy.. and I hope this recipes persuades you to the dark side like me! Seriously though – this is my go-to recipe for Brownies, I have never found one more successful than this one, and that’s saying something! They are chocolate, gooey, and minty Oreoy good- but I always think Oreo’s are a winner in general anyway, especially on social media, the public love them!
I based this recipe around my go-to recipe for brownies which I have posted a few variations of, including my Cookie Butter Brownies and my Chocolate Orange Brownies. This time, only using one type of Chocolate I simply HAD to use the delicious Mint Oreos that I found in the UK recently – to not use them in a recipe would be ridiculous. They are seriously SO DELICIOUS.
I always believe that Brownies are an all round winner even if you don’t like chocolate – you could make lemony themed, cheesecake flavoured, and Blondie themed! You could have them in a tin lying around the house, or use them for a delicious afternoon treat – seriously one of the best treats around. When cooking a dinner for my family and I am short for time, I often use brownies as my dessert with a dollop of homemade Ice-Cream or some Mascarpone Cream – SO YUMMY!
I found these Mint Oreo’s in my local supermarket it and oh wow it was so worth it. I might have accidentally broken my ‘Gluten-Free’ stint as I just couldn’t resist.. they’re so tasty! The marriage of the soft and gooey brownies, with the Milk chocolate Chips and the Mint Oreos is simply splendid. I had many many taste testers this Festive Season when I went to see some of my Boyfriends family – and I can honestly tell you that 16 people approved highly of them! Let me know how you get on if you bake them!
This recipe makes 16 brownies!
– 195g Unsalted Butter
– 195g Dark Chocolate, chopped ip
– 3 Large Eggs
– 275g Caster Sugar
– 90g Plain Flour
– 35g Cocoa Powder
– 1tsp Peppermint Essence
– 150g Milk Chocolate Chips
– 300g Mint Oreos, quartered
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9″ Square baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Melt together the Butter, and Dark Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Leave to the side to cool to room temperature!
3) Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar! You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
4) When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate mix over eggs and fold together carefully. It might take some time, but be patient – you don’t want to knock out the air you made up on the previous step!
5) Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder, plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again with the peppermint essence – still be careful to not knock out the air!
6) Once combined well, fold through the chocolate chips and 90% of the Chopped Oreos and pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle over the rest of the oreos – bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.
Tips and Ideas
I found a 450g Pack of Mint Oreos in Tesco recently, but if you can’t find them anywhere then obviously normal Oreos will do nicely!
Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
These will last in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks!
Find my other Oreo & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.