*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie, baked in a Skillet! Incredibly easy dessert that everyone will love!
I have ALWAYS wanted to post my recipe for this ever since they started being a ‘thing’ – I have been baking giant cookies for years, but baking them in a Skillet is even better, and it makes it look better too! I use my enamel coated one as someone borrowed my normal one and never gave it back, but using one of these, or a normal Treated Cast Iron Skillet is ideal. They bake the cookie in such a way that almost makes it different to baking it in anything else!
I have always liked cooking and baking in skillets because they make savoury food delicious, charred, and just amazing – but baking in them? It’s such a delicious revolution. AMAZING. But seriously – I have so many sweet skillet recipes that I want to share with you – but I thought I’d start off with a classic. My Milk Chocolate & Sea Salt Cookies is my favourite plain cookie recipe – but this GIANT version is delicious!
I decided to base this on my classic cookie recipe, but change some of the amounts slightly to fit what was needed for a skillet. I used only Milk Chocolate chips in the actual cookie as they are my absolute favourite – but drizzled my cookie with chocolate sauce, and white chocolate chips. It is literally any cookie lovers idea of heaven – you would literally be insane if you didn’t like this! (well no not really, but I mean.. look how yummy it is!)
You can use whatever type of chocolate you like in them – but I always think Milk is best if you want to please most people. I serve mine with some ice-cream, and an extra drizzle of sauce – but its always up to you. However, if you’re looking for a more personal size, then try my Individual Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Desserts recipe! Enjoy!
This recipe serves 8-10!
– 225g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 115g White Granulated Sugar
– 225g Light Brown Sugar
– 2 Medium Eggs, beaten
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 275g Plain Flour
– 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
– 1/2tsp Baking Powder
– 1/2tsp Salt
– 200g-300g Milk Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and prep your 10″ cast iron skillet if need be.
2) Cream together your butter and sugars until smooth and creamy, and then add in the beaten eggs, vanilla, flour, bicarbonate, baking powder, and salt and beat briefly till smooth. It won’t take long at all! (I use my Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment!)
3) Fold through your chocolate tips and spread onto the bottom of your Skillet. I’d recommend using a treated Cast Iron Skillet!
4) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes! (30 Minutes will lead to a lovely gooey cookie, but more towards 40 mintues will be more baked through and solid – be careful though because some ovens may mean it needs longer in the oven anyway!)
5) Remove the cookie from the oven CAREFULLY as the skillet will be EXTREMELY hot! Leave to cool slightly before eating, and enjoy!
Tips and Ideas
You can obviously swap out the chocolate chips for a mixture of flavours, but I used all Milk Chocolate as its my favourite. I wouldn’t use more than 300g as it might not bake properly!
Serve with a scoop of icecream, some extra chocolate chips, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce!
Find my other Dessert & Cookie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.