*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A Giant Triple Chocolate Brownie Baked in a Skillet – Drizzle with Melted Chocolate, and topped with Ice-Cream!
Last week I posted my delicious recipe for my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie and it has been a massive hit – how can anyone not love a GIANT cookie that you can devour for yourself?! But anyway… this led me to post this recipe. I have always loved baking in a skillet, but a brownie in a skillet is just delicious! Like, I’d eat it all to myself with a spoon happily.
I posted my regular Triple Chocolate Brownies recipe just before christmas, and this is essentially the Skillet version. The method for this brownie however is easier, and can be made in just one bowl if you wanted – saves on the washing up. I find that with this skillet recipe you don’t have to whisk the eggs and sugar up to a thick mousse texture as the skillet heats to such a high temperature, it bakes the brownies in a different way – so it works easily!
I decided with my Brownie that I would dollop on some yummy Salted Caramel Ice-Cream (shop bought I’m afraid!) and cover it in melted chocolate – to make it a brownie lovers absolute dream. I must admit, it was DELICIOUS. My No-Churn Salted Caramel Ice-Cream however would be the perfect and easy no-churn ice-cream to make at home to marry with the Brownie however!
This brownie can be made and just treated as a normal brownie, or you can bake it and enjoy it easily around the table with your friends and family – the possibilities are endless, and all equally as delicious. If you don’t have a skillet its not a problem, you can use a normal frying pan (if it has no plastic on it as it might melt) but if you can invest in a skillet I would – they’re delicious and perfect for sweet and savoury bakes!
This recipe serves 8-10!
– 150g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
– 250g Dark Chocolate, chopped
– 200g Caster Sugar
– 3 Large Eggs, beaten
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 90g Plain Flour
– 30g Cocoa Powder
– 1/2tsp Salt
– 200g-300g White Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/170C Fan and prep your 10″ cast iron skillet if need be – I also lightly grease mine.
2) In a Large heatproof bowl, melt your Butter & Chocolate together until full melted – either use a Double Boiler (Bowl over a pan of simmering water – the water must not touch the bowl, or use the microwave on short bursts)
3) Leave the Chocolate mixture to cool for 10 minutes. Then, mix in the sugar with a spatula. Add in the lightly beaten eggs & Vanilla and lightly beat till smooth – it won’t take too long at all, and you don’t want to overbeat it!
4) Fold through the flour, cocoa powder, and salt – then fold through the chocolate chips! Pour into your prepared skillet, smooth over, and bake for 28-32 minutes. (Mine took 30 minutes – insert a skewer into the brownie to check it – it should have a couple of crumbs/gooey bits on it so its still slightly gooey, but it shouldn’t be covered!)
5) Remove the Brownie from the oven CAREFULLY as the skillet will be EXTREMELY hot! Leave to cool slightly – If serving immediately, dollop over some Ice-Cream of your choice (I used Salted Caramel Ice-cream) and drizzle with melted Chocolate!
Tips and Ideas
As its a brownie, I used all White Chocolate as its my favourite. I wouldn’t use more than 300g as it might not bake properly – but you can use a mixture of chocolate chips if you like!
The Ice-Cream and the chocolate on top isn’t essential to the recipe, and its up to you how much you use – I just think its oooy-gooey perfection!
Find my other Dessert & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.