*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
A Delightful Caramac Rocky Road with Marshmallows, Digestives, Cadbury’s Crunchies.. YUMMMMM.
So yeah, Caramac is the best.
It probably isn’t actually, but I love it SO much. I am 24, so I never had it when I was younger.. I’ve heard that it disappeared for years and only in the past few years really made a comeback. I adore the new version of it, but apparently the old one was even better and more delicious. Mainly because the recipe was probably different and contained ALL the additives, but this new version is caramelly, chocolatey and perfect.
The only issue I can find with Caramac is that it can bake slightly oddly because of it being a caramelly type of chocolate. I have plans for other recipes involving Caramac coming soon, but some of them have been fails. It’s a different substance compared to just White Chocolate or even Milk/Dark Chocolate especially. There are SO many recipes I want to post, but the one I wanted to post the soonest, was this one. Caramac Rocky Road. HELLO YUMMY.
I know I preach in some of my other Rocky Road recipes that I love using Milk Chocolate, and then combining it with Butter & Golden Syrup to make it perfect. And I still do love that, but as mentioned in those posts, and my Oreo Rocky Road, as soon as you use a White Chocolate type, Caramac coming under that umbrella, the Golden Syrup/Butter combination doesn’t work. So, I will sacrifice my sort of dislike or rock solid Rocky Road for something delicious as this.
I purposely don’t use THAT much Chocolate on a Rocky Road like this because in my opinion, the less you use, the easier it is to eat. Plus, Caramac is so sweet you don’t actually want too much! But anyway, I actually adore this sweet, delicious, Caramac Rocky Road, and I’m sure you will all too! Enjoy!
Caramac Rocky Road!
- 400 g Caramac
- 200 g Digestives (chopped)
- 150 g Mini marshmallows
- 4 Crunchies (chopped)
- 200 g White Chocolate (optional)
- Line a 8/9″ Square tin with Parchment paper and leave to the side.
- In a Large bowl, add in the Chocolate – melt on a low heat over a Double Boiler, or in the Microwave on short bursts until fully melted – stir till smooth!
- Once its melted, add in the chopped Digestives, Marshmallows and the chopped crunchies & fold together – pour into the tin and spread/press down till its even. If you like, pour on some Extra Chocolate now to bind it a little bit more!
- Refrigerate until set, chop up, and enjoy!
- Obviously, this is Caramac themed. However, some shops don’t necessarily sell Caramac that cheaply! I always look for the deals. You could easily do half Caramac and Half White Chocolate for a delicious flavour! Both the Caramac Buttons or Bars would work well with this.
- You can easily half the recipe for less, but these are so moreish you will want the large piece! Trust me!
- This will last in the fridge for 2-3 weeks in an airtight container!
- I used Digestives, Marshmallows and Crunchies as they’re my favourites in Rocky Road but you can use whatever you like!
Find my other Caramac & Rocky Road Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.