Perfectly Indulgent Chocolate Easter Brownies!
Recipe Updated April 2019!
I knew with Easter coming up that I should do something else utterly delicious, and that you would all want to bake. I have already posted a few things this year, such as my Creme Egg Cupcakes and Mini Egg Cookie Bars. Because of the successes of these, I thought I would do one of my favourite things, in Easter form… BROWNIES.
I wanted to really splash out on the Easter Treats in this one so I went a little overboard on the Chocolates I used. In my other recipes I have used Mini Eggs quite a bit, and I still wanted to use them in this, but I also wanted to use so many more things.
As well as the Mini Eggs, I went and used Smartie Eggs, Milkybar Mini Eggs, Galaxy Golden Eggs, and then some chocolate chips for a bit of extra gooeyness. Oh my days, each Brownie was delicious and different to the next.
I used a standard Brownie batter, like I have used in my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies and Toblerone Brownies before. I love this recipe as it just makes the perfect Brownie for me. If you make it correctly, you will never use a different recipe!
Honestly, if you melt the Butter & Chocolate together and leave it to cool, you’re in for a good start. The key to me, is the whisking the eggs and sugar together to make a mousse like mixture.
You want to whisk it together, preferably with an electric whisk as in my opinion its better, whisk it together so that its more than doubled in volume, is so much paler, and when you lift the mixture up and let the mixture drop into the bowl again, it’ll take a couple of seconds to soak back in properly.
You then need to CAREFULLY fold the mixtures together. Fold the Butter/Chocolate into the egg mixture, and then the flour and cocoa powder as well. If you knock the air out, or mix it for too long, you might mess them up slightly, but I’m sure they will still be damn delicious and gooey perfection.
Add in all of the Chocolate Chips, and all (but a handful for the top) of the Easter treats into the brownie batter, pour into your tin, sprinkle over the other chocolates, and bake for the most DELICIOUS brownies ever.
Perfectly Indulgent Chocolate Easter Brownies!
- 200 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 3 Large Eggs
- 275 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 500 g Easter Chocolates (Smartie Egg, M&M Eggs, Mini Eggs, Galazxy Eggs, Creme Eggs etc!)
- 100 g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 75 g Milk Chocolate (melted)
- Crushed Easter Chocolates
Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9inch Square baking tray with parchment paper.
Melt together the Butter and Dark Chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Leave on the side to cool whilst you do the rest.
Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar!
You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate/butter mix over eggs and fold together carefully.
Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!
Once combined well, reserving a handful of the different egg types, fold through all the chocolates, and chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin. Add the reserved chocolates to the top and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes**!
Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely and then cut up.
If decorating, drizzle over the melted chocolate and sprinkle on some crushed Easter Chocolates and leave to set! Enjoy! x
- You obviously don’t have to use as many chocolates as I did, I went a little crazy, but it shows you that you can use whatever you like. Creme Eggs are slightly different however, you’d have to freeze them overnight before baking with them.
- **Depending on your ovens, or how you mixed the brownies up, some can take up to an hour to bake successfully. I’ve never fully understood why, but don’t give up if they’re not done after 30 minutes – cover with foil and continue to bake for longer. I poke a skewer through them and wait till its mostly clean, and the mixture doesn’t wobble in the tin.
- Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
- These will last in an airtight container for up to 1 week if they last that long!
- Recipe Updated April 2019
- Flour was 90g, Cocoa Powder was 35g originally - increased to make batter thicker!
- Before I stated 1x Bag Smartie Eggs, Mini Eggs, Milkybar Eggs and 2x Galaxy Golden Eggs with 100g of Chocolate Chips - but I just used anything this time to make it easier!
- If using Mini Creme Eggs, make sure they're frozen!
Find my other Easter & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.