Easter Brownies!

Perfectly Indulgent Chocolate Easter Brownies!

Recipe Updated April 2019!

I knew with Easter coming up that I should do something else utterly delicious, and that you would all want to bake. I have already posted a few things this year, such as my Creme Egg Cupcakes and Mini Egg Cookie Bars. Because of the successes of these, I thought I would do one of my favourite things, in Easter form… BROWNIES.

I wanted to really splash out on the Easter Treats in this one so I went a little overboard on the Chocolates I used. In my other recipes I have used Mini Eggs quite a bit, and I still wanted to use them in this, but I also wanted to use so many more things.

As well as the Mini Eggs, I went and used Smartie Eggs, Milkybar Mini Eggs, Galaxy Golden Eggs, and then some chocolate chips for a bit of extra gooeyness. Oh my days, each Brownie was delicious and different to the next.

I used a standard Brownie batter, like I have used in my Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies and Toblerone Brownies before. I love this recipe as it just makes the perfect Brownie for me. If you make it correctly, you will never use a different recipe!

Honestly, if you melt the Butter & Chocolate together and leave it to cool, you’re in for a good start. The key to me, is the whisking the eggs and sugar together to make a mousse like mixture.

You want to whisk it together, preferably with an electric whisk as in my opinion its better, whisk it together so that its more than doubled in volume, is so much paler, and when you lift the mixture up and let the mixture drop into the bowl again, it’ll take a couple of seconds to soak back in properly.

You then need to CAREFULLY fold the mixtures together. Fold the Butter/Chocolate into the egg mixture, and then the flour and cocoa powder as well. If you knock the air out, or mix it for too long, you might mess them up slightly, but I’m sure they will still be damn delicious and gooey perfection.

Add in all of the Chocolate Chips, and all (but a handful for the top) of the Easter treats into the brownie batter, pour into your tin, sprinkle over the other chocolates, and bake for the most DELICIOUS brownies ever.

Enjoy! x

Easter Brownies!

Perfectly Indulgent Chocolate Easter Brownies!
5 from 10 votes
Category: Dessert
Type: Brownies
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 16 Pieces

Easter Brownies!

• 200 g Unsalted Butter/Stork
  • 200 g Dark Chocolate
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 275 g Caster Sugar
  • 100 g Plain Flour
  • 50 g Cocoa Powder
  • 500 g Easter Chocolates (Smartie Egg, M&M Eggs, Mini Eggs, Galazxy Eggs, Creme Eggs etc!)
  • 100 g Milk Chocolate Chips

Optional Topping!

• 75 g Milk Chocolate (melted)
  • Crushed Easter Chocolates

• Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9inch Square baking tray with parchment paper.
  • Melt together the Butter and Dark Chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, on the microwave in 20 second bursts until melted. Leave on the side to cool whilst you do the rest.
  • Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar!
  • You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
  • When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate/butter mix over eggs and fold together carefully.
  • Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!
  • Once combined well, reserving a handful of the different egg types, fold through all the chocolates, and chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin. Add the reserved chocolates to the top and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes**!
  • Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely and then cut up.
  • If decorating, drizzle over the melted chocolate and sprinkle on some crushed Easter Chocolates and leave to set! Enjoy! x

• You obviously don’t have to use as many chocolates as I did, I went a little crazy, but it shows you that you can use whatever you like. Creme Eggs are slightly different however, you’d have to freeze them overnight before baking with them.
  • **Depending on your ovens, or how you mixed the brownies up, some can take up to an hour to bake successfully. I’ve never fully understood why, but don’t give up if they’re not done after 30 minutes – cover with foil and continue to bake for longer. I poke a skewer through them and wait till its mostly clean, and the mixture doesn’t wobble in the tin.
  • Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
  • These will last in an airtight container for up to 1 week if they last that long!
  • Recipe Updated April 2019
    • Flour was 90g, Cocoa Powder was 35g originally - increased to make batter thicker!
    • Before I stated 1x Bag Smartie Eggs, Mini Eggs, Milkybar Eggs and 2x Galaxy Golden Eggs with 100g of Chocolate Chips - but I just used anything this time to make it easier!
    • If using Mini Creme Eggs, make sure they're frozen!
Nutrition Facts
Sugar 37g41%
Protein 5g10%
Vitamin A 440IU9%
Vitamin C 0.7mg1%
Calcium 76mg8%
Iron 2.5mg14%
* These are only estimates and can vary dependant on brands of ingredients and serving sizes.

Find my other Easter & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!

• Rakib Ahmed
    September 30, 2020 at 12:02 pm

At what temperature should we bake these at? By the way love your food blog, slightly obsessed with all your recipes! X

• Melissa
    August 8, 2020 at 11:43 pm

I make this brownie recipe ALL the time however I need to make some for someone who is allergic to eggs, do you know how I could do that and what with?

Sorry if you’ve already answered this!

August 9, 2020 at 12:26 pm

I would just use my vegan brownie recipe – it is different, but it has to be because of the lack of eggs x

• Chloe
    June 10, 2020 at 1:04 pm

I’m a tiny but confused. You used a standard brownie batter like in the terrys / toberlone recipe but I’ve noticed the amount of chocolate / coco powder between the three recipes varies slightly. I’m desperately wanting to make Diam chocolate brownies (with a leftover Easter egg) so I’m not sure which of the recipes would be best to use as the base? Thank you for your help x

June 10, 2020 at 4:22 pm

Hey! Yes they can vary slightly (also as the recipes are developed at different times) – and for like this one I find having that bit more flour/cocoa powder helps! I personally would recommend this recipe! x

• Sophie
    June 1, 2020 at 10:32 pm

If I wanted to add Oreos to these brownies instead of Easter chocolates, would I be able to follow the same recipe? If so, how much Oreo should I used in terms of grams? Xx

June 2, 2020 at 11:38 am

Hey! I would use probably max 300g of oreos, and still some chocolate chips so it’s not too dry!

• Sophie
      June 2, 2020 at 11:58 am

Okay thank you! Should I cut them into quarters or halves? And should I leave some to put on top of the mixture like you do for the Easter chocolates? 🙂

June 2, 2020 at 7:06 pm

I would say probably quarters!! and yes you could do! x

• Em
    May 19, 2020 at 8:53 pm

Hi what’s the dimensions of your tray for these please? Thank you 😊

May 20, 2020 at 9:25 am

All tray sizes are listed on the methods of recipes… this is 9″!

• May
    May 7, 2020 at 7:08 pm

Hey, I’m hoping to try ur recipe?
    Do you prefer using butter or stork? What’s the taste different using them? Is stork not as nice or can’t you really taste the difference
    May

• Vee
    May 4, 2020 at 3:04 pm

I made these over Easter and they were absolutley amazing!! I’ve always struggled to get brownies right, but these were perfect, and soo delicious!! The recipe was so easy to follow, but i did have to leave mine in the oven a lot longer – but thats probably just my oven – and the wait was definitely worth it!!

• Charlotte
    May 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Perfect brownie recipe, super chocolatey and gooey 🍫 🍰 thank you for the recipe ☺️

• Archana
    April 15, 2020 at 7:57 pm

I made these brownies with my 4yr old daughter. The recipe was easy enough for myself and her to follow. All the ingredients were items we already had at home which was a bonus.

The brownies were divine! To die for really. Ooey, gooey and just heavenly.

I ran out of cocoa powder so we improvised with cacao powder. I was worried about the bitterness but they weren’t!

Thanks Jane! I will definitely be making more of your recipes as my daughter is an avid baker!

April 15, 2020 at 9:43 pm

Ahh that’s amazing!! Cacao powder is definitely a good substitute – it’s a lovely lovely flavour too!

• Emily
    April 13, 2020 at 3:53 pm

These brownies are absolutely insane and totally delicious, as well as being dangerously addictive.

• Lily
    April 2, 2020 at 9:35 pm

Would you be able to make these with milk chocolate instead of dark? 🙂

April 3, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Not for the batter, no. It needs to be dark chocolate – don’t worry, it doesn’t taste ‘dark’ after baking, but you need the cocoa content for it to work properly.

• Craig Elliott
    April 2, 2020 at 7:08 pm

Hello Jane came you use self raising flour instead because I can’t get hold of plain floor thanks Craig. 🙂

April 2, 2020 at 7:28 pm

Hiya! You can, they just may rise a little and be a smidge more cakey, but otherwise fine!!

• Craig Elliott
      April 11, 2020 at 7:27 pm

I Made these with the girls on Thursday
      We used the self raising flour instead.
      They were amazing we all said they were the nicest brownie’s we’ve ever tasted
      Thankyou Jane 👌👍 we’ll be making them again VERY SOON!

• Jade
    March 14, 2020 at 12:54 pm

I made these brownies yesterday – OMG they are so yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe! Literally obsessed with your site!

• Sally Chester
    April 16, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Didn’t put the chocolate on top because seemed rich enough without. These were absolutely superb.

• Ruth
    April 15, 2019 at 11:09 pm

I’ve never had success before with any other recipes for brownies, but I really fancied trying YOUR recipe as they looked so good in the photos. Your instructions and advice were so easy to follow, and as a result,I’ve just made my first very successful batch. Thanks so much for sharing this. They turned out amazing and I’m now confident to make this recipe again and again.

• K
    April 15, 2019 at 7:35 pm

How many medium eggs should I use?

• Dan
    April 10, 2019 at 10:48 am

I loved these Jane! You never fail to knock it out the park.

• Livi
    March 6, 2019 at 9:28 am

I want to make these but use just cream eggs instead ?
    How many would I need instead of using all the other bits ? Thanks

March 6, 2019 at 2:24 pm

I wouldn’t have too many still as they can degrade whilst baking – and they must be frozen!! If you plan on putting them on top, don’t put them on at the beginning, wait till five minutes before the end!

• gemma
    May 23, 2017 at 2:46 pm

hiya just wondering what percentage of cocoa do you use to make these love your recipes x

• gemma
      May 23, 2017 at 2:47 pm

what percentage cocoa is the dark chocolate you use its meant to say xx

May 23, 2017 at 2:48 pm

I use between 70-80% cocoa content for my dark chocolate. ☺️

• Meadow Brown Bakery
    April 10, 2017 at 8:14 am

Oh yum! I love brownies and these look so good, thank you for sharing.

• Tim
    April 9, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Hey, I made these but all the extra eggs I placed on the top have all sunk in. They don’t look half as good as yours, any ideas why? Thanks.

April 9, 2017 at 5:46 pm

It might be that if your mixture wasn’t quite as thick as mine, they might have sunk in. ☺️

• Hazel
    March 28, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Ahhh, these looks mouth watering. I’ve been pondering an Easter recipe for when I visit my in laws in a couple of weeks, so this will do the trick just fine.

Might not be your genre haha, but I’ve nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award >> http://fleurcharms.co.uk/blogger-recognition-award/

– Hazel

March 30, 2017 at 10:35 am

Ah thats amazing, thank you! And I hope you all love the Brownies!! x

• Natasha
    March 27, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I love brownies and these just look and sound amazing! Will definitely be giving these a go!

Tasha x

March 27, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Awh yay! Thank you! I hope you love them if you do try them! x

• Pola
    March 27, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Hi Jane, these look lovely, I recently tried the Galaxy Golden Eggs and they are arguably as nice as truffles! They certainly bring brownies up a notch! ~ P ~

March 27, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Ohh I know what you mean – had to buy a few spare bags just to eat!! ❤️