*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Individual Creamy Vanilla Cheesecakes topped with Easter Nests, and Mini Chocolate Eggs.
Perfect Mini Easter Nest Cheesecakes for Easter!
I wanted to make something slightly different for Easter this year, kinda like my Easter Nest Cupcakes. I wasn’t entirely sure what to do, but making a Cheesecake form of my Cupcakes seemed like a delicious idea.
I didn’t want to pipe buttercream onto my Cheesecakes as I thought that might be a little weird… so decided to make actual Easter Nests instead! And to be honest, if you’ve never tried shredded wheat nests, you haven’t LIVED!
I decided to use the same Cheesecake mixture as my Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes, just without the chocolate chips. I loved how this mixture baked as its so easy to put together, and baking it for the 20-25 minutes, and letting it cool and set overnight is SO easy. I thought leaving out the Chocolate Chips was best for this, as I was going to top it with the Easter Nests anyway. However, if you did want that extra Chocolate hit, then mix in 125g of chocolate chips and bake in the same way!
I wanted to make the Nests as simple as possible, but when making them with just Chocolate and the Shredded Wheat I personally find them too hard. I used a similar idea to my Rocky Road using Chocolate, Golden Syrup, and Butter (Notes below on doing it with just chocolate though!) and I loved it! It makes them softer and easier to eat, but still deliciously tempting. I will admit these are a bit awkward to eat, and do basically end up being two separate treats, but honestly, its so delicious.
You could potentially try this as one giant cheesecake, kinda like my New York Cheesecake but then with a GIANT nest one top, and I think it would look insane and definitely be a showstopper, but I imagine it would be very difficult to cut up the nest.
Honestly, I think I love these so much. I think they are the best little cheesecakey treat for Easter and I love them! They’d be such a hit with kids, families, and anyone who loves anything delicious. ENJOY!
Easter Nest Cheesecakes!
- 200 g Digestives
- 100 g Unsalted Butter/Stork (melted)
- 450 g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 115 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- 60 g Golden Syrup
- 60 g Unsalted Butter
- 4 Shredded Wheat
- Mini Eggs/Golden Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 170C/150CFan and line a Muffin Tray with 12 Muffin/Cupcake cases.
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb and add the melted butter – pulse a few times until it is combined well.
- Split between the cupcake cases, and press down firmly into the bottoms of the cupcake cases that you use.
- With an electric mixer (I used my KitchenAid) Mix the Philadelphia until smooth, it’ll only take a few seconds! Then, add in the Caster Sugar and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl/jug and gradually pour them into the mix whilst still beating the mixture together, making sure each incorporation of egg is mixed in before adding more!
- Spoon the mixture across the 12 cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. It’s better to slightly underbake then overbake these, so there should still be a sliiiight wobble in the middle!
- Leave them to cool in the tin completely, then refrigerate for 4-5 hours, or overnight.
- Whilst they are cooling and setting in the fridge, make your nests. Line a Muffin Tray with another 12 Muffin/Cupcake cases (same size as the ones you used earlier!).
- In a large bowl add the Chocolate, Golden Syrup and Butter. On a LOW heat, melt your mixture in the microwave and stir at 1 minute intervals. (Or melt in the bowl over a pan of simmering water)
- Once melted, crush up your 4 shredded wheats and mix together. Spoon into your cupcake cases so they’re even, and then press down making it slightly lower in the middle.
- Add 3 Mini Eggs/Galaxy Golden Eggs into the dips, and leave to set for as long as the cheesecakes.
- Once both parts are set, remove your cheesecakes from their cupcake cases, and remove your nests from their cases. Add a nest per cheesecake, and ENJOY!
- You can use JUST melted chocolate for the nests if you wish, rather then golden syrup and butter as well, but they do set quite hard. If you wanted to, use 275g of Melted Chocolate, and set them in the same way with the eggs!
- You don’t even have to make the nests if you want as this is a recipe for Individual Baked Vanilla Cheesecakes which are seriously yummy!
- These will last in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 2-3 days after baking!
Find my other Cheesecake Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.