A Yummy Mini Egg & Chocolate Chip Cookie Traybake perfect for Easter.. Mini Egg Cookie Bars are my new Favourite!
SO, today is the second day of March. This year Easter is quite late in comparison to last year, but that isn’t stopping me… HELLO EASTER RECIPES! Honestly, I won’t only be doing Easter related recipes up until the big day, but I felt like posting this one now as its so good. I made this one the other day on a whim because I had bought what felt like a bucket load of Mini Eggs, and my boyfriend and I were both craving some.
I based this delicious treat off of my Rolo Cookie Bars and Oreo Cookie Bars recipes because they were so successful. You can always make this into a Chocolate Cookie Traybake by using my M&M Cookie Bars recipe, but as I will be posting Easter Brownies this year I thought that doing a normal cookie would be better.
I absolutely ADORE Easter Baking. Like I love it just as much as Christmas Baking which says a lot really. My No-Bake Mini Egg Cheesecake recipe and my Mini Egg Fudge recipe were so so so successful last year that I knew you guys would love this one. I would happily make things all Mini Egg related it I could, but I feel like I need to buy cheaper chocolate because Mini Eggs aren’t actually the cheapest things ever!
These delicious beauties, like my Oreo Cookie Bars, needed less time in the oven in comparison to the Rolo Cookie Bars as they isn’t as much gooeyness in them. I prefer mine softer compared to crisper so I did mine for 22 minutes and they were ideal! I’m not even exaggerating when I say I want to make these again and again as they’re the perfect mix between Blondie/Cookie/Brownie and delicious Mini Egg heaven. I hope you love these as much as I did, enjoy!! x
This recipe makes 16 Cookie Bars!
– 275g Plain Flour
– 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
– 1/2tsp Salt
– 1tbsp Cornflour
– 115g Unsalted Butter/Stork
– 55g Granulated Sugar
– 135g Light Brown Sugar
– 1 Medium Egg, beaten
– 1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 3x 90g Bags of Mini Eggs
– 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 190C/170C Fan and line a 9x9inch Square Tin with parchment paper, and leave to the side for now.
2) Whisk/Mix the Plain Flour, Bicarbonate, Salt and Cornflour together so its evenly distributed – leave to the side.
3) In a larger bowl, melt the butter. Add in the two sugars, and whisk for about 2 minutes so the sugar starts to dissolve and the mixture is smooth. Add in the Egg and the Vanilla, and whisk again briefly till smooth. (I used an electric whisk)
4) Add in the Dry Ingredients, the Mini Eggs (apart from a handful), and the Chocolate Chips and mix with a spatula till a thick cookie dough is formed.
5) Press the mixture into the bottom of the tin and press in the handful of Mini Eggs into the top for decoration. Bake the traybake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top of the cookie bake looks ‘dry’!
6) Leave the cookie bake to cool for about 10 minutes, then leave to cool fully on a wire rack. Cut the bake into 4×4 for decent sizes, or 5×5 for smaller ones! Enjoy!
Tips and Ideas
If you don’t want to use Mini Eggs you can use M&Ms, Smarties, or anything chocolatey. I wouldn’t advise using Creme Eggs though because it will just turn into a sloppy mess! You could use caramel eggs, but they might need 5 minutes longer in the oven if they ooze everywhere.
These delicious beings will last in an airtight container for up to 5 days, but honestly, they’ll be eaten before then.
Try Microwaving them when they’ve cooled if you want a gooey cookie, or even add a scoop of ice cream!
Find my other Cookie, Traybake & Easter Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.