A staple for any recipe book – Delicious, Moist & Light Vanilla Cupcakes with a Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting!

I love cupcakes and I love all different sorts of flavours and decorations, but I realised that I had never posted my Easy Vanilla Cupcake recipe with pictures and method! Shock & Horror!! This obviously had to change very rapidly, so here it is!

Back to basics is always a risk with blogging in my opinion as there are sooooo many recipes out there already for the same thing and some people might think to not bother looking and some random blog like mine – but I feel like that my readers and new readers yet to come might like to see my method, see my recipe, and see what I do for even the most basic of bakes!

These cupcakes are always a hit with anybody who eats them, doesn’t matter what age or gender, normal vanilla cupcakes absolutely rule all! Along with my Chocolate Cupcakes recipe, I have used these for years and have never changed them – they’re absolutely failproof in my eyes! (And they’re super addictive – I always want vanilla cupcakes when Im hungry!)! A few months ago for easter I posted a recipe for my Easter Nest Cupcakes and they were a delightful hit – they are also just vanilla, but the method is obviously slightly extended with all of the decoration!

I love basic baking, and these are definitely perfect for that. Delicious moist cupcakes with a hint of vanilla, dolloped and piped with a tonne of delicious creamy Vanilla Frosting = heaven. Enjoy!

This recipe makes 12 cupcakes!

Cupcakes
– 150g Unsalted Butter, Softened
– 150g Caster Sugar
– 3 Medium Free Range Eggs, beaten
– 150g Self Raising Flour
– 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
– 2tbsp Whole Milk

Vanilla Frosting
– 150g Unsalted Butter, Softened
– 350g Icing Sugar
– 2-4tbsp Whole Milk/Double Cream
– 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract

Decoration
– Oodles of Sprinkles

1) Preheat your oven to 170C/160CFan and Line a 12 Hole Muffin Tray with Large Cupcake Cases/Muffin Cases

2) Cream together the Butter and Caster Sugar with an electric beater till smooth – add in the Beaten Eggs, Flour, and Vanilla and beat again for about about 20-30 seconds on a Medium Speed – it really doesn’t take too long, you don’t want to overheat it!.

3) Once combined it might still be a little stiff, so loosen with the Whole Milk – using Whole Milk is important as lower fat milks might make the mixture split slightly! 🙂

4) Spoon into your Cases and Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through! Leave to cool on a wire rack.

5) Once the cakes are cool, make the frosting – beat the softened Butter until smooth – this can take a couple of minutes. Add in the Icing Sugar 1/3 at a time, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated until moving on! I use my KitchenAid for Frostings as the machine can make it so much lighter and fluffier!

6) Once all of the Sugar is in the Frosting mix, keep on beating the Frosting but add the Vanilla, and then the Milk/Cream 1 tbsp at a time till you reach your desired consistency! I usually use about 3 spoonfuls!

7) Decorate your cupcakes how you like (I use lots and lots of sprinkles!) – and ENJOY!

These Cupcakes are delicious how they are – but you can jazz them up a bit with some chocolate chips – 100g will do nicely!

These Cupcakes will last in an airtight container for 2-3 days!

Find my other Cupcake Recipes on my Recipes Page!

1. Rachel McLean on September 1, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Hi Jane. I have made these before and they are absolutely delicious! If I wanted to make them with a chocolate buttercream instead, how would you recommend adjusting the ingredients? I was thinking of maybe taking away 50g from the icing sugar and and replacing it with cocoa powder. Does that sound okay? Also, would you still include the vanilla? Thanks xx

2. Jessica on August 16, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Hi Jane, want to make these for a party but with a strawberry buttercream, do you have any recipes??

3. Emily lw on July 24, 2021 at 11:10 am

Perfect recipe failsafe cupcakes. Really light and moist. Topped mine with fresh cream and strawberries yummy!!!

4. Emily on July 12, 2021 at 8:01 pm

Hi Jane, everyone in my family loves these cupcakes when I make them, my question is if I double the recipe, would it make 2 6 inch cakes? If so how long would you say to bake? Thanks x

• Jane's Patisserie on July 19, 2021 at 4:32 pm

I would double it for 2x 8″ cakes x

5. Yianna on June 18, 2021 at 9:34 pm

Should these be stored in the fridge? I’ve made them for my friends baby shower tomorrow they look great! Thanks

• Jane's Patisserie on June 21, 2021 at 9:51 am

Hey, no room temperature! I hope you had a lovely day!x

6. Ros on May 8, 2021 at 4:23 pm

BEST CUPCAKES EVER! I They are so easy and enjoyable to make ! But most of all they are DELICIOUS. My family loved them.

7. Zara Harvey on April 29, 2021 at 4:26 pm

Have done loads of your recipes I love them all and they always turn out fab, only problem I sometimes have is when I put my cupcakes in a cake box the cases sometimes come away from some of the cupcakes. Do you no why or what I’m doing wrong.? X

8. Kelly Dawnay on April 28, 2021 at 8:05 pm

I made these today, with the help of my 4 year old, for her to sell to neighbours, to raise money for the Children’s Air Ambulance, whilst dressed as a superhero for National Superhero Day 😁🦸‍♂️ They were so quick and easy to do after school and luckily we kept some for ourselves as they are delicious, so light and tasty 😋😋

• Jane's Patisserie on May 6, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Aww this is so sweet, what a lovely thing to do!xx

9. Iman on April 16, 2021 at 2:58 am

Hey! If I want to make these as mini cupcakes, what changes do i need to make to the time/temp? X

• Jane's Patisserie on April 17, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Hey! It depends on the size of the cupcakes xx

10. Mia on April 6, 2021 at 2:56 pm

Hello, everytime I make these cupcakes the sponge is amazing however the frosting is not the best, I use everything you said but it goes all flakey and falls of the cupcake and crumbles when bitten into the frosting, what am I doing wrong?

• Jane's Patisserie on April 9, 2021 at 12:28 pm

Hey! Do you chill them in the fridge as if you chill them that might be why they are falling off xx

11. Lola on April 2, 2021 at 7:56 am

Hi,
    I’ve baked these a few times and they’re amazing! however they’ve started to peel away from the cupcake cases. Do you know what might be causing this?

• Jane's Patisserie on April 3, 2021 at 10:19 pm

This can be under baked cupcakes, cooling too quick, or a hot environment! x

12. Dolores on March 31, 2021 at 11:48 am

Hi Jane I absolutely love these cupcakes and are amazing I adjusted to 200g and 4 eggs for bigger size as I always found the last 2 would be smaller running out of batter. My question is how would I adjust this for chocolate cupcakes. If using 200g how much SR and cocoa please

13. Loraine on March 29, 2021 at 7:41 pm

Hi Jane!!

I love this recipe!! I have made it multiple times. A few times recently I have noticed the cases start to peel from the cupcakes. I’ve considered it might be due to over/under baking but I’ve varied baking times and still get the same issue. Could it be something I’m doing wrong?

Thanks again for all your great recipes!

14. B on March 26, 2021 at 7:45 pm

Hi Jane lovely cakes. Can I ask if I wanted to make this recipe eggless, how do I go about it or substitute with please?

• Jane's Patisserie on March 27, 2021 at 10:13 am

Hello! I have vegan version of this, so I recommend using that x

15. Mia Griffin on March 12, 2021 at 2:09 am

Hi Jane is it only unsalted butter you use in your sponge? Could baking spread / stork be used?

• Jane's Patisserie on March 12, 2021 at 8:28 am

For the sponge I always use stork! x

16. Naomi on March 11, 2021 at 12:34 pm

I love this recipe!! Makes such fluffy cupcakes. I only want to make 6, woud love to know the measurements, especially for the egg 🙂

• Jane's Patisserie on March 12, 2021 at 8:33 am

Personally for best results I would make 4 or 8 – and then use 1/3 or 2/3 of the recipe x

17. Emma on March 8, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Hi what would the measurements be for the ingredients if I needed to make 18 cupcakes? Thankyou

18. Emma Lount on March 1, 2021 at 2:42 pm

These are amazing cupcakes I’ve got to make 3 lots of 12 (36)of these would I beable to triple the ingredients or double em to make 24 then just do a single 12

• Jane's Patisserie on March 1, 2021 at 10:04 pm

Yeah you can easily do a x2 batch or a x3 batch in one go! x

19. lucy on February 22, 2021 at 3:44 pm

hi jane! i love this recipe and use it all the time, I have a question, if I froze a teaspoon of biscoff spread and put it in the cupcake, would it be okay or would it just sink to the bottom? i love your biscoff muffin recipe and wanted to have that in cupcake form, thankyou !!!

• Jane's Patisserie on February 23, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Normally for cupcakes I just add it in afterwards – but theoretically it may work the same! Just need smaller lumps of spread compared to the muffins x

• Hollie Voice on April 3, 2021 at 8:28 pm

Hey Jane!!

Love your website! I have made lots of your cupcakes recipes and love them!! I wondered why the radios of ingredients change? some are 175g of flour/sugar/ butter and 3 eggs others are 150g of flour/sugar/butter and 3 eggs? Hollie xx

• Jane's Patisserie on April 3, 2021 at 10:12 pm

150g is medium eggs, 175g is large eggs – just depends what I used at the time x

20. Charlotte on February 17, 2021 at 9:56 am

Love your recipes but trying to improve on my buttercream frosting.

Does it work ok with stork margarine or do I need to be using real butter?

Many thanks

• Jane's Patisserie on February 17, 2021 at 3:13 pm

It needs to be real block butter that is at room temperature – stork doesn’t work!

21. Jade on February 12, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Hi, I’m not a massive fan of loads of buttercream, how much should I change the quantity of ingredients so that the cakes have a layer of buttercream but not a massive tower on top? X

• Jane's Patisserie on February 12, 2021 at 2:49 pm

It’s about proportions so reduce the recipe by 1/3 for example! x

22. Barbara Neilon on February 6, 2021 at 7:54 am

I love your website amazing 💕
    This is probably a silly question but how much do you fill the cupcake case with the mixture halfways or 3/4 ways ? I can never get an even level when baked? Thank you

• Jane's Patisserie on February 6, 2021 at 4:42 pm

I usually say 2/3-3/4 roughly but I use a 5cm scoop which is easiest! But you may try lowering the temp as well and baking for longer x

• Barbara Neilon on February 11, 2021 at 11:49 am

• Barbara Neilon on March 9, 2021 at 1:29 pm

If I was to bake them at 150 fan , how long would I bake them for ?

• Jane's Patisserie on March 10, 2021 at 8:13 pm

Oh gosh I would imagine like 30 minutes? Not sure!!

• Barbara Neilon on April 16, 2021 at 12:26 pm

Hi Jane, thank you for the tip on the scoop. How do I stop getting a dome on the cupcakes? Or what causes it ? A few times they have come out perfect and flat but other times a dome !

• Jane's Patisserie on April 17, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Hey! Try baking it at a lower temperature but it can dome for a large variety of reasons xx

23. Ellie on February 5, 2021 at 9:17 pm

Hey! I’ve used this recipe but the icing seems too wet? Is there anything I can do to making it harder?

24. Emily on January 16, 2021 at 8:54 pm

Hi can these be frozen? If so how long would you advise freezing cupcakes for? Thankyou d

• Jane's Patisserie on January 17, 2021 at 11:44 am

Yes they can, and I usually say up to 3 months!

25. Hannah on December 26, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Hello,
    I’m looking at doing cupcakes with two flavours.. outside vanilla and inside chocolate .. would this recipe work with just changing the vanilla for coco powder for half the mixture for the chocolate sponge centre ?

26. Cath on November 27, 2020 at 9:12 am

Just wondering can I adapt this to make small cupcakes ? Would oven and time be the same ?

• Jane's Patisserie on November 27, 2020 at 11:22 am

It depends on the size of the cupcakes, but if they are smaller they will take less time x

27. Emma on November 23, 2020 at 11:26 am

Hi Jane.

Is it possible to make this batch smaller. So say down to 3 or 4 buns. How would I go about it

• Jane's Patisserie on November 23, 2020 at 8:39 pm

Yes you can! Just use 1/3 of the recipe xx

28. Lorisha on November 17, 2020 at 7:47 pm

Hello Jane,

I hope you’re well, when creaming the butter and sugar together how long should that be for and should the eggs be added 1 at a time? I know you said adding the eggs, flour, and milk together should be 30seconds max, so I wanted to know the duration for the creaming of butter and sugar.

Have a great evening

• Jane's Patisserie on November 18, 2020 at 11:20 am

You just need to beat it until its light and fluffy – it’s hard to say a time as it depends on your mixer but you will see when its combined. But no I just add them all in as mentioned x

29. Jade on November 16, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Hi, I need to make 18 cupcakes, how should I adapt the ingredients?
    Thankyou

• Jane's Patisserie on November 16, 2020 at 4:38 pm

I would just use another half of the recipe – so 1.5x and then you have the 18! x

30. Holly on November 4, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi Jane ,
    Can I use salted butter instead and light milk instead of whole milk ?
    Thank you.

• Jane's Patisserie on November 5, 2020 at 9:25 am

You can use salted butter, but generally I don’t recommend anything ‘light’ in baking – I would just leave the milk out x

31. Emily on October 30, 2020 at 11:18 am

Is it golden caster sugar I use? Thansk

• Jane's Patisserie on October 30, 2020 at 1:32 pm

I just use white, but you can use golden if you want!

32. Rebecca Wigfield on October 10, 2020 at 11:31 am

Love your recipes! One question I have, when I bake the vanilla cupcakes I tend to get more rise in the middle so end up with a bit of a dome appearance. How can I stop that so they are even? X

• Jane's Patisserie on October 10, 2020 at 7:02 pm

You can try a lower temperature and for longer! So 160/140fan for 40 minutes or so! x

33. Nicola on September 6, 2020 at 9:15 pm

Hi Jane!

If i were to make these dairy free, would I just use dairy free butter? Or am i thinking Stork butter is in fact dairy free?
    Thank you!x

• Jane's Patisserie on September 7, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Stork block is dairy free, not the tub, but as long as you check all other ingredients are safe then yes it’s a simple switch! x

• Nicola on September 8, 2020 at 6:31 pm

Thank you, is the stork block okay to use for cupcakes?x

• Jane's Patisserie on September 9, 2020 at 8:41 am

Yes it is! x

34. Holly on August 31, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Hi if I’m using large eggs instead of medium how many do I use?x

• Jane's Patisserie on September 1, 2020 at 8:55 am

I would use 3 large, and 175g butter/sugar/flour x

35. Crystal on August 27, 2020 at 11:37 am

Can I use cake flour?

• Jane's Patisserie on August 27, 2020 at 3:57 pm

You can, but you may want to use baking powder too!

36. Trisha Hards on August 14, 2020 at 1:07 pm

Hi Jane – I’d like to make coloured frosting. Would food colouring work with this frosting? The paste food colouring not liquid food colouring.

• Jane's Patisserie on August 14, 2020 at 8:54 pm

Yes it would – I generally use sugar flair, progel, wilton or colour splash brands! x

37. Tell on July 24, 2020 at 9:59 pm

I made these cupcakes today and I don’t know what went wrong but they’ve got a really odd taste! I was very careful when measuring out the ingredients and I baked for 18 mins!

• Jane's Patisserie on July 25, 2020 at 8:29 am

The only reason they would have an odd taste is because of the ingredients being off or measured incorrectly – it’s a standard victoria sponge recipe so there’s nothing weird in it! x

38. Amanda on July 24, 2020 at 11:03 am

Hi Jane I’ve made these vanilla cupcakes loads they are delicious. I wanted to add in funfetti I have (iced Jems ) , do you think 35g would be ok. One time I put too much into a mixture and was wet xx

• Jane's Patisserie on July 24, 2020 at 12:57 pm

The sprinkles wouldn’t make a mixture wet – so that must have been something else. But yes about 35g should be okay!

39. Amy on July 11, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Hi Jane. How do you recommend storing these cupcakes if I bake and don’t want to decorate for couple days ? Will they go dry in a plastic air tight container ?

• Jane's Patisserie on July 12, 2020 at 7:20 pm

I would just store them at room temp in a container – they last about 3-4+ days usually in total!

40. Sandra on July 8, 2020 at 10:35 am

Sandra

My cupcakes care coming away from the cases what am I doing wrong

• Jane's Patisserie on July 8, 2020 at 6:26 pm

That usually means they are under baked or there is too much moisture in the storage.

41. Kerry on June 29, 2020 at 10:25 am

Hey Jane

I need to make 16 cupcakes. How can I adapt this recipe please? X

• Jane's Patisserie on June 29, 2020 at 7:31 pm

I would use 1/3 more – so 4 eggs, 200g butter/sugar/flour – and split between the 16! x

42. Emily on June 25, 2020 at 2:55 pm

Can I use this recipe to make a cake rather than cupcakes?

• Jane's Patisserie on June 25, 2020 at 9:32 pm

You can do, but I do have a vanilla cake recipe you can follow!

43. Saphena on June 23, 2020 at 7:24 pm

I don’t have unsalted butter can I use Stork? I have left over buttercream from the carrot cake recipe of yours (was delicious) let me know please x

• Jane's Patisserie on June 23, 2020 at 7:37 pm

Yes you can use stork for the cake sponges! x

44. Dolores on June 12, 2020 at 10:49 am

Hi Jane I made these last nite for the first time and they were unbelievably good 😍just so moist and delicious. Two things I want to ask u I used those greaseproof baking cups and they were so great. The only thing I found was they would take a lot more mixture than this recipe. Is there any way I can adjust recipe to get a bigger cupcake or can I just double recipe to fill cups more.. They are so perfect don’t want to risk ruining them. Also is your vanilla sponge as moist as this as omg I would love my cakes to be as moist and fluffy as these. Thank you.

• Jane's Patisserie on June 13, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Hey! It may be that the ones you have are larger, as I typically interchange the ones I use with normal cupcake cases! If in doubt, just increase the recipe to fill them more (and the baking time will increase!) Xx

• Dolores on June 14, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Thank you.xx

45. Sharon Thompson on May 24, 2020 at 4:09 pm

HI Jane, when you say ‘cream the butter and sugar until smooth’ is that just a short 30 second mix on a medium/high speed or longer to achieve something more light and fluffy? I tried this recipe with Stork today and they tasted like Stork- a bit salty and synthetic – eww! The mix wasn’t very thick and didn’t fill my cupcake cases as much as I expected (I weighed my ingredients carefully) TIA x.

• Jane's Patisserie on May 24, 2020 at 5:46 pm

I mix them together till they’re smooth and creamy/fluffy! Its usually about 30-60 seconds or so! I nearly always use stork for cakes and have never had a funny taste! There’s no reason why the mixture shouldn’t be a thick cake mixture like normal though?! x

46. Jodie on May 22, 2020 at 4:08 pm

Hi Jane!! I love your blog! Just wondering if these cupcakes would be suitable for someone with a nut allergy?

• Jane's Patisserie on May 22, 2020 at 7:50 pm

You need to check every ingredient label yourself, that isn’t something I can answer!

47. Vicki on May 19, 2020 at 8:59 pm

I’ve made these today, they took about 40 minutes to cook and have come out dry. Any idea where i might have gone wrong? Followed the recipe amounts and technique fully, fan oven at 160 prewarmed. Going to have another go tomorrow but wondering what it is that hasn’t worked today to try to fix it with the next batch!

• Jane's Patisserie on May 20, 2020 at 9:24 am

There is no way that they should have taken so long, the dryness comes from being over baked. Stick to the advised times and they’ll be fine!

48. Cassie on May 18, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Hi Jane.
    These are delicious 😋 I need to make just a small batch of 6 cupcakes- would you suggest halving the recipe amounts? Also how many eggs would you use?
    If it’s not feasible I will just make the full 12. Thank you.

• Jane's Patisserie on May 18, 2020 at 1:29 pm

Hey! So the best thing to do is to make 4, 8 or 12 – as it makes it easier with the eggs! Use 1/3 of the mix for 4, or 2/3 of the mix for 8!

49. Rachael Shaw on May 16, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Which vanilla extract would you recommend? I’m running low and wondered if I’d find a good one online

50. Helen on May 10, 2020 at 11:21 am

Hi Jane! I’m so happy to have come across your page. These were the best cupcakes I’ve ever made! Absolutely delicious and so light! Thank you. I’ve also made your biscoff tray bake this week which my husband took into work and they went down a storm. Can’t wait to try something new, struggling to get supplies in at the moment with lockdown! Thanks again! Xx

51. Jane on May 4, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Yum! 5th recipe I’ve made from your site, all delicious, thanks for sharing 😀

52. Natalie on March 10, 2020 at 2:31 pm

Have just baked these and they look great! Only thing however is that mine have came away from the cases, do you know what usually causes this happen?

• Jane's Patisserie on March 10, 2020 at 9:52 pm

Sometimes that can happen when the cake isn’t quite baked enough, or they’re kept in a warm environment so they essentially sweat and peel!

53. Lauren on September 28, 2019 at 8:37 pm

Can I use stork for these instead of unsalted butter? Thankyou xx

• Jane's Patisserie on September 28, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Only for the sponge, never ever for buttercream.

• Nadia Dogan on May 8, 2020 at 4:55 pm

I used Stork for buttercream! Is that really bad??

• Jane's Patisserie on May 9, 2020 at 8:51 am

In my opinion, you need to use actual butter and not a spread for buttercream.

54. Chandra Persaud on June 28, 2019 at 9:50 pm

How much do the medium eggs weigh? And are the eggs added a little at a time before the dry ingredients or eggs and dry ingredients are mixed in together at the same time?

• Jane's Patisserie on June 28, 2019 at 10:18 pm

They are just the medium egg size available at the supermarket – I use three as the recipe says. And I add the flour, eggs and vanilla in at the same time, as the recipe says.

55. Nicola on June 10, 2019 at 12:28 pm

I came across your site Yesterday and found these vanilla cupcake they looked really good so I followed the recipe step by step and they were perfect the best cupcakes I have ever made so I had to let you know . Thank you for sharing I think I will be spending a lot of time on this site

• Elizabeth on June 24, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Love your baking tips and so far the cakes I have baked have been fool proof. I’m wanting to make 15 of these cupcakes. How would I adapt the recipe please?

• Jane's Patisserie on June 24, 2020 at 9:44 pm

I would use 200g butter/sugar/flour and 4 eggs, and split between the 15 cases! x

56. Maxine Cope on June 5, 2019 at 9:13 pm

Hi Jane I’ve just made these cupcakes and although they taste delicious they’ve shrunk 😔. I needed to make 24 so I doubled the mixture however I only had large eggs so I used 5 instead of 6. Could this be the reason?

• Jane's Patisserie on June 6, 2019 at 9:24 am

Do you mean they caved in the middle? It could be the eggs, or they were finished baking yet!

57. Nuha on March 24, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Hi Jane I have made these cupcakes so many times now absolutely perfect every time thanks …
    I need to make 24 of these would I just double the recipe or is it better to make them separate batches ?

• Jane's Patisserie on March 24, 2019 at 7:21 pm

You can get away with doubled easily – it’s only if you wanted to triple/quadruple I’d suggest breaking it down xx

58. Blaithin on February 12, 2019 at 6:43 pm

If I wanted to make this into a four layer cake would I just multiple all ingredients by 4? Thanks so much, love all your recipes.
    Blaithin X

• Jane's Patisserie on February 12, 2019 at 6:59 pm

That would would for 8″ size tins, and would still be quite tall! x

59. Bibi on January 28, 2019 at 10:36 am

Hi these cupcakes are so delicious 😋I can’t describe them how delicious they are.I have tried so many cupcakes recipes none of them taste as good as these. I’ll will be trying some more of you’re recipes soon.keep up with the good work 😘

60. Carmen on September 25, 2018 at 1:57 pm

What quantities would you use if you wanted to make this into a layered celebration/birthday cake? I love these cupcakes and haven’t been able to find a nice vanilla cake recipe?

• Jane's Patisserie on September 25, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Hiya! You can either use this (each cupcake batch makes one good 8″ layer), or my victoria sponge recipe with a smidge more vanilla in to make things easier!

• Jess on August 11, 2020 at 9:11 pm

Hi,

No matter what I do, my buttercream is always so runny I’m unable to pipe it as it melts off the cupcakes. How can I avoid this?

• Jane's Patisserie on August 12, 2020 at 1:36 pm

What exact type of butter do you use? x

61. Runa on September 19, 2018 at 6:34 am

Hi Jane, would it be possible to freeze these cupcakes?

62. Jade on August 2, 2018 at 7:53 pm

Can I use baking cups instead of cupcake cases with this recipe or would I need to use different measurements? I prefer baking cups – I used them for your custard cream cupcake recipe. 💞

63. Zahra on May 8, 2018 at 5:55 pm

The texture is to die for. Thanks sm 💕🦄

64. Lynne Wade on May 5, 2018 at 2:20 pm

I made these last week, I can honestly say they are the best vanilla cupcakes I’ve ever made! Thank you Jane, 😊

65. Funfetti Cupcakes! - Jane's Patisserie on April 6, 2018 at 7:36 pm

[…] cupcakes themselves are based around my Easy Vanilla Cupcakes recipe which I posted a few months ago – many of you have it as you staple Vanilla Cupcake […]

66. Becky Gonzalez on January 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm

Hi, im due to make these im a few days time for a baby shower. What tastes best in the buttercream, milk or cream??
    Thanks x

• Jane's Patisserie on January 25, 2018 at 2:30 pm

It honestly doesn’t matter really, but the cream does give it a creamier texture.

67. Jessica on January 18, 2018 at 9:54 pm

Hi Jane, I’m making these for a charity event and I’ve been asked to make the buttercream bright red, what’s the best way to colour buttercream? Ps made the funfetti cupcakes a few days ago and they went down a TREAT! Thanks for great recipes xx

• Jane's Patisserie on January 20, 2018 at 8:04 pm

With a really good food colouring such as sugar flair red extra! Worth the extra money.

68. Josephine on November 27, 2017 at 6:37 pm

I only have large eggs. How many will i use?

• Jane's Patisserie on November 27, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Use 3, but up the other ingredients to 175g each.

69. Funfetti Cupcakes | whoisclareanyway on September 6, 2016 at 6:28 pm

[…] from work, so decided to bake up some yummy funfetti cupcakes. I followed Jane Patisserie’s Easy Vanilla Cupcake recipe and I thought I would show you all how they turned […]

70. […] From Jane’s Patisserie […]

71. LocknessDIY on October 12, 2015 at 11:44 am

Great recipe with really pretty results!

72. natashalesley on October 12, 2015 at 11:32 am

I love a vanilla cupcake!

73. Becky's Biscuit Bases on October 12, 2015 at 11:09 am