*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Really simply and easy to make Halloween chocolate bark – perfect idea for a home-made trick-or-treat idea, or even just for the family!
Halloween 2015 is quickly approaching so I thought it was important that I start posting my delicious recipes for this years celebrations! (Even though this is my first Halloween on the blog!)
This didn’t stop me wanting to jazz up the recipe a bit for Halloween – and with the rise of coloured sweets & chocolates this seemed ideal! A mix of white chocolate, orange candy melts, and oodles of sweets = heaven!
I posted my recipe for my chocolate bark early in July and it was a massive hit – even though its so simple! I have since created Christmas bark , Easter bark and even Valentines bark as very occasion needs it own themed bark!
Chocolate bark is one of those little treats that is super fun to make with children or your friends, and makes a super cute idea for presents if you want to make something home-made that everyone will love!
My family absolutely adores it when I make chocolate bark as its so simple, but so so yummy! I always make them their own personal ones with their favourite sweets – especially if I am after a favour!
I always see posts on my blog or facebook fan page about how chocolate bark is a firm favourite for gifts! As you adapt the bark to any occasion, teamed with some truffles it makes the perfect homemade present or in this case, Halloween party treats!
Other Halloween recipes
Another idea you could do for Halloween is to use my Easter fudge recipe, just use the same Halloweeny Sweets, or even try to dye the fudge a different colour! SO many Halloween treats its endless!
I always associate Halloween with pumpkins so you can find many a pumpkin related treat on my blog at the moment. My no bake pumpkin spice cheesecake is always a success but my pumpkin cupcakes are just as popular!! Enjoy!
- 350 g white chocolate
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 200 g spooky peanut M&Ms
- Halloween sweets
- Halloween sprinkles
- Orange food colouring
- Line a 9x13 inch tray with parchment paper – leave to the side.
- Prep what sweets/chocolate’s are going on your bark – I crushed some of my M&Ms & finger biscuits’s – be careful if using a knife to crush them though, don’t cut yourself!
- Melt the white chocolate either in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water (double boiler), or in the microwave on short bursts!
- Leave to cool slightly and then add the orange food colouring
- Pour the dark chocolate into the tray and spread evenly, drizzle your orange coloured chocolate over the top and using the end of a cake tester (or whatever you want) swirl together to make a marble pattern!
- Sprinkle over your decorations and leave to set – sometimes this is easier in the fridge but it might discolour the sweets slightly!
- Cut/break into shards and enjoy!
- This lovely little treat will last for weeks if kept in the right conditions – mine never lasts this long but I give it a 1 month date from making depending on what you use as chocolate use-by-dates are so long!
- You can obviously use whatever sweets & chocolates that you fancy, especially anything Halloweeny, or the colours of Halloween are perfect!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.