Really simply and easy to make Halloween Chocolate Bark – Perfect Idea for a home-made trick-or-treat Idea, or even just for the family!
Halloween 2015 is quickly approaching so I thought it was important that I start posting my delicious recipes for this years celebrations! (Even though this is my first Halloween on the blog!)
I posted my recipe for my Chocolate Bark early in July and it was a massive hit – even though its so simple! However, this didn’t stop me wanting to jazz up the recipe a bit for Halloween – and with the rise of coloured sweets & chocolates this seemed ideal! A mix of White Chocolate, Orange Candy Melts, and oodles of sweets = heaven!
Chocolate Bark is one of those little treats that is super fun to make with children or your friends, and makes a super cute idea for presents if you want to make something home-made that everyone will love! My boyfriend absolutely adores it when I make Chocolate Bark as its so simple, but so so yummy! I always make him his own personal ones with his favourite sweets!
Another idea you could do for Halloween is to use my Easter Fudge recipe, just use the same Halloweeny Sweets, or even try to dye the fudge a different colour! SO many Halloween Treats its endless! Enjoy!
This makes a 9x13Inch Tray – 20 shards approx.
– 350g White Chocolate
– 340g Orange Candy Melts/Orange Coloured Chocolate
– 50g Dark Chocolate
– 200g Spooky Peanut M&Ms
– Halloween Sweets – I used Halloween Faces!
– Cadburys Fingers
– Halloween Sprinkles
1) Line a 9x13Inch Tray with parchment paper – leave to the side.
2) Prep what sweets/Chocolate’s are going on your Bark – I crushed some of my M&Ms & Finger Biscuits’s – be careful if using a knife to crush them though, don’t cut yourself!
3) Melt the White Chocolate, and the Candy Melts either in a Glass bowl over a pan of Boiling Water (Double Boiler), or in the Microwave on short bursts!
4) Pour the White Chocolate into the tray and spread evenly, drizzle the Orange Candy Melts over the top and using the end of a Cake Tester (or whatever you want) swirl together to make a Marble Pattern!
5) Sprinkle over your decorations and then Melt the Dark Chocolate – Drizzle over the top of everything and leave to set – sometimes this is easier in the fridge but it might discolour the sweets slightly!
6) Cut/Break into shards and enjoy!
Tips and Ideas
This lovely little treat will last for weeks if kept in the right conditions – Mine never lasts this long but I give it a 1 month date from making depending on what you use as Chocolate Use-by-dates are so long!
You can obviously use whatever sweets & chocolates that you fancy, especially anything Halloweeny, or the colours of Halloween are perfect!
You can find my other Sweets Recipes on my Recipes Page!
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.