*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
Easy Fudgy Coconut Brownies topped with a scrumptious Chocolate Ganache Frosting & Toasted Coconut!
A couple of months ago I posted the recipe to my Oreo Brownies & Cheesecake Brownies and I believe that they were a hit, especially by how many people baked them since then! However, I decided to try something a little different as I had what felt like a tonne of desiccated coconut lying around which I had neglected to use! I asked my families opinion and they all wanted something chocolatey so I thought that the perfect compromise would be a brownie packed full with the deliciously sweet taste of coconut running through it!
I found an easy to follow recipe from BBC Good Food here – and thought that would be the perfect place to start – with a few teeny tiny alterations you have these – SO YUMMY! These are super easy to bake as its all in one pan, and then baking in the oven and all done and delicious! Seriously though, the coconut flavour is a marriage made in heaven with Brownies – and I question why I haven’t baked these sooner.
I decorate my Coconut Brownies with some Melted Chocolate, or a Chocolate Frosting, then sprinkled with Toasted Coconut! It might seem a little simple but its not too much and over powering, its perfect for them!
This recipe makes 16 squares of delicious brownie!
– 100g cocoa powder
– 250g butter
– 500g caster sugar
– 4 free-range eggs, beaten
– 100g self-raising flour
– 150g desiccated coconut
– Melted Chocolate
– Chocolate Buttercream
– Toasted Coconut
– Icing Sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F/Gas 4 and line a 21cm square tin with parchment paper
2) Put the butter, sugar and cocoa powder in a pan and gently melt on a low heat, stiring occasionally to stop it from catching – leave to cool slightly once done
3) Once cooled slightly, stir in the eggs a little at a time followed by the coconut and the flour. Tip into the tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. If its browning too quickly, cover with a piece of foil to stop it from burning!
4) Once baked, leave to cool in the tin. Melt some extra Chocolate and then pour over the Brownie, or use my Chocolate Buttercream recipe and slather it over and cut into squares – sprinkle with some toasted coconut (I use a large dry frying pan and sprinkle the coconut in it cooking on a medium heat and stirring frequently until golden brown!) dust with icing sugar and serve!
Tips and Ideas
These delicious brownies will last at room temperature, covered, for 4-5 days if they last that long!
You can easily use less coconut, but I find that its the perfect amount because if you will love them, especially if you love coconut – and they went down well with my taste testers! (Even ones who don’t like coconut!)
P.s. I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts dododadooo