Delicious moist, chocolatey, and scrumptious Gluten-Free Brownies packed full of Chocolate Chips & Nuts. Heaven. You won’t even realise they are Gluten Free!

IMG_6012_1

I find that sometimes bakes being gluten free can make them denser and off putting – but with this recipe and it being a brownie its not a problem as its gooey and that is how they are served best! These brownies are made using ground almonds – a classic GF alternative, and these are exceptional. I often used to bake these before I found out I am Gluten Intolerant, and now I bake them near enough weekly!

I love the combination of nuts & chocolate chips in my brownies, but my boyfriend for example, being the fuss pot he is, can sometimes hate the nuts… but he doesn’t moan with these! He can’t even tell it uses nuts! (score!). You can use combinations of different chocolate chips, or different nuts if you like – but I love what I have written in my recipe. To me, this recipe is utterly fool-proof and it always goes down well with my taste testers!

I already have a couple of Gluten-Free recipes on my blog, such as my Gluten Free Double Chocolate Cookies, and these have always been a massive hit. They are chocolatey, gooey, and of course – gluten free! However… Brownies are my absolute weakness – this is demonstrated by all of my other Brownie & Blondie recipes already on my blog. My favourites are my Chocolate Orange Brownies, but theeeese brownies… these Gluten-Free brownies are just as good. And, all you Coeliacs out there can enjoy them too!

I love this recipe, and have made it countless times – so I hope you all like them too!

This recipe makes 16 decent sized brownies

– 175g butter
– 175g dark chocolate
– 150g light brown sugar
– 3 medium eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla essence, or 1 vanilla pod with the seeds scraped out
– 15g cocoa powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 150g ground almonds
– 200g white chocolate chips
– 100g pecan nuts, chopped

1) Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/340F, and line a 9″cm square tin with baking parchment

2) Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (bain-marie) until it is silky smooth, stir occasionally – take the bowl off the heat and stir in the sugar, leave to cool for 10 minutes.

3) Once the mixture has cooled, whisk in the eggs until well combined – Stir in the Vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder and ground almonds until combined and then carefully stir in the chocolate chips and pecan nuts.

4) Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until a lovely crust has formed on top and they are cooked through in the middle, I test this with a cake tester! Leave to cool fully in the tin.

5) Once cooled, cut into individual squares and serve – I often serve mine with some vanilla ice cream to make it a super delicious dessert.

If you are Gluten-Free I am sure you already know this, but double check that the baking powder is gluten free – most are but its always better to be safe!

You can swap out the pecans for other nuts you like such as walnuts for example, but I love the taste of the pecans with the white chocolate – it makes a great combination. I have only ever baked these with Ground Almonds and have never tested them using GF flour, or alternative Nut flours – but feel free to experiment for me!

These Brownies will last for 3 days in an airtight container.

Find my other Gluten-Free & Brownie Recipes on my Recipes Page!

1. Corrie on August 12, 2021 at 4:17 pm

I love your triple chocolate brownies (and all your other ones I’ve tried) but wanting to make some gluten free brownies for a friend. Which recipe would you advise, this one or the triple chocolate one with GF flour? Do they taste very different?

• Jane's Patisserie on August 13, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Hiya! This one is tried and tested so I would recommend following this recipe x

2. Abbie on June 26, 2021 at 11:09 am

Can’t wait to try these but was hoping to modify for someone who is dairy intolerant too- would I be able just to substitute the butter for a dairy free form and ensure chocolate is dairy free? (Dark chocolate). Thanks

• Jane's Patisserie on June 28, 2021 at 7:49 pm

Whilst I haven’t tried it with this recipe, it should work well!!

3. Yasmin on May 6, 2021 at 5:13 pm

Can you substitute the egg for anything? Got a gluten and vegan problem here! x

4. Nicola on February 24, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Hi, would I be able to add raspberries to this recipe as I love your raspberry brownies! Thanks

5. Nicola on February 24, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi, would it be possible to add berries to this recipe as I love your raspberry brownies? Thank you!

• Jane's Patisserie on February 25, 2021 at 1:33 pm

I haven’t tried it with this base recipe but I don’t see why not!

6. Megan Davis on February 15, 2021 at 3:59 pm

Can I use gluten free plain flour in this recipe instead of the ground almonds?

• Jane's Patisserie on February 16, 2021 at 8:22 pm

I would use my normal triple chocolate brownie recipe with gluten free flour if you wanted to use GF flour! x

7. Dino on December 1, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Is it possible to make gluten free Blondies?

8. Emma on November 3, 2020 at 8:33 am

These are absolutely delicious! I actually prefer them to normal brownies as they are a lot lighter but still sooooo fudgy! Brilliant recipe as usual 🙂

9. Lauren on September 27, 2020 at 7:00 pm

If I am replacing the nuts with chocolate (my friend is a brownie purist and doesn’t like the nutty chunks), then how much extra chocolate chips should I use? Same quantity as the nuts? Also does it matter about the type of chocolate chips (dark, milk or white)?
    Thnaks

• Jane's Patisserie on September 28, 2020 at 12:05 pm

Yeah just add to the same weight as the nuts, and you can use anything (As long as they are gluten free!) x

10. Angela Phillips on August 13, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Seriously good recipe. Made these for my friend but passed a few pieces onto family who wouldnt have even guessed they were Gluten free. Will certainly be making them again! Thankyou. Oh I would have gave this recipe 5 stars but because I’ve commented previously it doesnt give me the option anymore. But seriously I highly recommend this brownie recipe. X

11. Angela Phillips on August 8, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Hi. How important is the bain Marie? Could the chocolate and butter be melted together in a pan?

• Jane's Patisserie on August 8, 2020 at 8:34 pm

I find Bain Marie/microwave the easiest so you don’t accidentally burn the chocolate in a pan x

12. Carrie baker on July 8, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Can you freeze these? X

13. Jessica Davison on June 8, 2020 at 6:39 pm

Would I be able to use Nutella in these

14. Kirsten Barker on May 22, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Would I be able to use other chocolate in these instead of nuts?

• Jane's Patisserie on May 23, 2020 at 9:53 am

Do you mean instead of the pecans? Yes you can – the ground almonds are part of the batter though!

15. skd on December 9, 2015 at 11:19 am

I love nuts in my cakes and brownies. this brownie looks super yumm…