Delicious Moist & Crunchy Cookies full to the brim with chunks of Terry’s Chocolate Orange – heavenly Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies!
I have ALWAYS adored Chocolate + Orange flavouring together – especially Terry’s Chocolate Orange – it sounds like an odd combination at first if you haven’t tried it, but once you have, you will never forget it! Literally my favourite chocolate! When I was little, I would eat at least 3 a week (I realise this is bad, but I ate plenty of healthy stuff too!!). I have always baked big cakes and used chocolate orange, and then cupcakes as well – but when I went to the supermarket with my boyfriend recently and he picked up a bag of Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies to buy, I realised I might as well bake them at home myself so I know exactly what is in then, and sometimes it works out much cheaper! – Turn out this is the best decision I have ever made.
Seriously though, I know you all love and adore Terry’s Chocolate Orange – hence the love for the No-Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake that I posted a few months ago – my second most popular recipe on my blog! These cookies are the perfect combination or crunchy edges and gooey delicious centre – its a winner all round!
These cookies are always perfect to bake around Christmas time, or when you are just craving something utterly delicious. The perfect part about them is that the oils in the Chocolate Orange that creates the flavouring, makes the cookie bake perfectly every single time – I have honestly never had a problem with these! Enjoy!
This recipe makes 12-15 Medium sized cookies
– 125g butter
– 100g granulated sugar
– 100g light brown sugar
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
– 25g cocoa powder
– 175g self raising flour
– 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– Zest of 1/2 a medium orange/1tsp Orange Extract
– 250g Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Plus extra if you want a piece on top!)
1) Preheat your oven to 190C/180C Fan/375F and line two baking trays with parchment paper
2) Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy and thoroughly combined – I often use an electric mixer for this bit as it makes it so much easier and combines the ingredients very well – but good ol’ manpower will work too!
3) Add the vanilla essence and the beaten egg, and mix again briefly. Add the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt and mix until a thick paste/cookie dough is formed. (Or add it all in together!)
4) Chop the chocolate orange pieces and add to the mixture with the orange zest and fold through
5) Spoon the mixture onto the trays and make sure they are suitable spread out so they stay separate! (I usually fit 6 on each tray to be safe) I also use a cookie dropper/ice cream scoop to make them identical sizes.
6) Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes – if you want to put a piece on top then add it and bake in the oven for another 1 minute – it’ll make them super gooey!
7) Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before gobbling up otherwise you might burn yourself on molten chocolate!
Tips and Ideas
You don’t have to add the chocolate pieces on top, you can include it all in the dough, but I love having melted bits of chocolate on top of a cookie – especially if I am serving them warm with a drink, such a gooey chocolate treat!
If you don’t have Terry’s chocolate orange where you are, you could try using milk chocolate with a bit more orange zest, or even a bit of orange flavouring which I often do!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
© Jane’s Patisserie. All images & content are copyright protected. Do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words and credit me, or link back to this post for the recipe.